PDA

View Full Version : 'pop' sound from suspension when turning into parking lot each morning.....

cbecker333
06-12-2003, 03:22 PM
My EP makes a very slight 'pop' sound when I'm turning right and going into a parking lot or driveway entrance (over the bump)??? It never gets louder and I only notice it when turning into the parking lot at work each morning. The other weird part is that I take the corner (bump) really slow so I'm not getting why its still popping at me...I never get any other suspension noise tho.

hope its not cuz of this:

Double wishbone stills remains supreme as opposed to the Mcpherson squeeking suspension.

JSIR
06-12-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by cbecker333
My EP makes a very slight 'pop' sound when I'm turning right and going into a parking lot or driveway entrance (over the bump)??? It never gets louder and I only notice it when turning into the parking lot at work each morning. The other weird part is that I take the corner (bump) really slow so I'm not getting why its still popping at me...I never get any other suspension noise tho.

hope its not cuz of this:

mine had a similar noise, I describe it as clunking, but popping could describe it too. Happened in slow parking situations while turning a certain way. They tried lubing the front strut assembly but it eventually came back. Then they replaced the driver side strut spring assembly about 6 months ago and the noise is gone for good. It was taking forever to source the parts, so they swapped one from an EP they had on the lot and put my old one in the new EP.

took a while but they got mine fixed. Heard of a few EP's having a similar noise.

Joey

k20hatch
06-12-2003, 07:36 PM
Mine pops alot...I dont like it...