PDA

View Full Version : So...why did you guys get the new Si!?

Golfzilla
08-17-2002, 11:51 AM
When you could have had the SVT Focus, Spec-V, GTI, Tiburon, ---INSERT CAR NAME HERE---?

Was it because you are Honda fans? Used to drive the old famous (and good) 99-00 Si? The car seems to not be popular. I personally think it's a decent car, but not one I'd pay $19,000 MSRP. I wish they just put in the K20 with 170hp in the current EX bodystyle, maybe a 6speed, and call it a day. Now, that, would interest me.

Again, no Flaming! This is just a simple question. :)

JayDMep
08-17-2002, 11:56 AM
body lines, interior styling, the potential, chance to do something different.

02TafWhtSi
08-17-2002, 12:14 PM
To be completely honest, I really wanted An 02' Gti 1.8t but 2 local VW dealers would not break the lease I was on and I would have had to pay about 23K after all was said for a 19K and change car. That wasn't happening. I have owned Civics in the past and have loved them and decided to give the 02' Si a closer look. I did and was awestruck. The dealer were able to close my lease with minimal damage (I think they tacked on about $400 which isn't bad considering I had over a year left) and gave it to me @ msrp. This was exactly 4 weeks after the car was released btw. I love her and DO NOT regret my purchase although I still admire the Gti.

greenguy
08-17-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Golfzilla
When you could have had the SVT Focus, Spec-V, GTI, Tiburon, ---INSERT CAR NAME HERE---?

Drove the Spec-V and hated it!, sat in a new Tib, Hated it, way to cheep inside. Ford...Well I dont need those kinds of problems, besides how many ZX3 do you see on the road? unuf said. GTI too pricey to start a project car on. Si, well I test drove it, wife liked it, And the price was right!

SBC31
08-17-2002, 12:26 PM
Follow this thread for the same question:

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=249&highlight=made