PDA

View Full Version : Lowering caused SRS light?

G-J
06-12-2003, 07:40 PM
I did a search and seen it happen to one person. Has this happened to anyone else. The install went fine - well the friggin axle gave me problems but everything is installed 100% and when I was driving away the SRS came on. Any ideas before I go to Honda?

EPHatchgirl
06-12-2003, 09:54 PM
You broke a sensor for your SRS... at least the ABS didn't come on like on my car!! My repair was $240 at the dealer. Not a big deal, just tell them what happened. I think one of the sensors for the airbag is on, in or around the axle, so it gets broken when they have to be reinstalled. Hope this helps!

G-J
06-12-2003, 10:26 PM
Hmmm... I just got done resetting the SRS and it cleared the light up no problem. I am hoping that light doesnt turn on again, because if it does I am thinking I did what you did. :(

*Fingers crossed*

Rueda del Queso
06-13-2003, 10:09 AM
How did you reset the SRS? My light came on after I was fiddling around with some wires in the steering wheel to see what they did. I plugged them back in after I figured out it was the airbag, but my light stays on now as well.

G-J
06-13-2003, 11:24 AM
I dont have any pics unfortunatly but its really simple. Ill try to be as detailed as possible without pics.

1 Go under the steering wheel and find the fuse box. You will see a dime sized yellow connector in the top section of the box in a holder, unplug this connector.

2. The connector has two wires a green and a black. Take a piece of wire (doesnt matter what kind as long as you can wedge in into the connector) and cut it in two descently long strips and splice the ends,

3. Take one end of each wire and jam it in the connector so that you have extensions of both the green and black wires.

4. Now the fun part. Take and connect the two wires with your fingers and hold them and turn your key to run.

5. The SRS light will come on and stay on for about 6 seconds and turn off. Once the light turns off - pull the two wires apart and the SRS light will come on again a second or two after you take them apart.

Note*You have approx. 4 seconds to seperate/connect the two wires in between steps.

6. Once the SRS light comes on again, you must connect the two wires one more time and the SRS light will blink twice and go out.

7. Pull the wires apart and take the keys out of the ignition for atleast 10 seconds. Pull the wires out of the connector and start the car - no more SRS unless there is something really wrong with the System.

You can connect the yellow connector back into the fuse box if you want. The slot in the fuse box is just a holder and the yellow connector is not needed to be placed there. I just let it hang in case I need to do this again.

Hmmm... I should place these directions in the site somewhere :D

Rueda del Queso
06-13-2003, 02:56 PM
Thanks, that worked great. Only annoying part was finding the yellow connector so I snapped a picture of it in case anyone else has trouble finding it.