PDA

View Full Version : how much do i have to pay

daillhorse
06-13-2003, 08:31 AM
I leased my car but now i am forced to give it back i was wondering how much do i have to pay for them to take it back? I only completed about 6 months of the lease.

fsugatorbait
06-13-2003, 12:10 PM
Is Honda forcing you to turn it in early?

furious
06-13-2003, 12:22 PM
sounds like he is referring to 'unpredicted circumstance' that would lead him to breaking out of a lease early...I would imagine that the penalty would be tremendous...but, I thought that it is possible to sell a car that is on lease to a dealer....might want to check on this.

streaker666
06-13-2003, 12:26 PM
You can find someone to do a lease takeover...then you should be free from the penalty for breaking the leasing contract.

daillhorse
06-13-2003, 12:30 PM
yea i am getting rid of it because i got into a fight with my brother but not like anyones cares but i heard that u cant take over someones lease though...Yea i guess i could try selling the car to a dealer then i guess...Or does anyone else have any other suggestions for me..

ssvr6
06-13-2003, 12:37 PM
You're going to pay the depreciated value plus penalties. Get ready to be ass raped.

Steve

JLannoo
06-13-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by daillhorse
yea i am getting rid of it because i got into a fight with my brother but not like anyones cares

Explain what happened. What does the fight have to do with it? Unless you would rather keep it private. I mean if the lease is in his name or something. He is better off just letting you keep the car. As the below stuff is going to happen to both of you

If you break the lease and pay up your going to get raped big time. Its alot of money as mentioned in a previous post,not really an option at all.

If you break the lease and dont pay your credit is toasted for a long time. 7years or so

I dont think AHFC allows lease takeovers if you used them. I think I read that in my lease. I could be remembering wrong though