PDA

View Full Version : Comptech springs!? 169 for a RSX, won't they fit the si?

02SilverSiHB
08-17-2002, 02:35 PM
I would think the springs for a RSX would fit the Civic Si. I could be totally wrong. But if they do...169 is a killer deal, especially for comptech:
http://www.modacar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=M&Category_Code=SALE
If that link doesn't work just go to www.modacar.com and click on the clearance sell.

JSIR
08-17-2002, 03:28 PM
I was cross referencing Eibach Springs between the Si and RSX, the part numbers looked very similar but they quoted a much larger rear drop for the RSX 1.4 inches on RSX compared to 1.1 inches on the Si (this was for Pro-Kits), found that strange, especially since the front drop was very similar and less than the rear drop. Maybe the RSX has a much higher rear end than the Si which may be the case when I think of it.

02SilverSiHB
08-17-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by JSIR
I was cross referencing Eibach Springs between the Si and RSX, the part numbers looked very similar but they quoted a much larger rear drop for the RSX 1.4 inches on RSX compared to 1.1 inches on the Si (this was for Pro-Kits), found that strange, especially since the front drop was very similar and less than the rear drop. Maybe the RSX has a much higher rear end than the Si which may be the case when I think of it.
maybe the rear is heavier on the RSX versus the Si? I know my progress springs are rated for 1.8 drop in front and 2.0 in the rear for the 01 EX, which would be stupid to look at. But I knew my front end is heavier and ther rear is probablly lighter. So my drop came out even.

00sir
08-19-2002, 09:38 AM
According to hondatech magazine, and grass roots motorsports, you can use RSX springs on the si.

One mag even suggested it... However if you find springs that are specifically for the SI and not just a civic, then I would use those springs.
But, if you have to choose between civic springs, and rsx springs... get the rsx springs...
The engine is much heavier in the SI\RSX\RSX-S than the normal civic. That is why it is preferable to use the springs for the RSX or the SI. I don't know about the rear end however, I will have to investigate that one. Hope I did not confuse anyone...
Here it is again just in case....
If they have 2k2 si springs, use those...
If they don't, use the RSX-S springs...

Take Care!

AkronSi
08-28-2002, 01:54 PM
I know that this thread is a little old now, but I didn't feel like starting a new one.

Has anyone done this?

Also when Comptech says that they are "firmer but still very streetable", how do the RSX springs rate to the SI's? Are they the same or firmer than ours?

Just wondering.

Thanks.

00sir
08-28-2002, 02:35 PM
I think to give you an honest answer, you are going to have to compare spring rates and sizes between springs to honestly see
and feel what you think is "streetable" and "racing".
I would email comptech and get all the info you can on the springs. Also email progress, h&r, and anyone else that you are interested in.

I know this is not an exact answer but this is where I would start.

Take Care!

Febrezee
08-28-2002, 03:40 PM
I would be leary of using RSX spring but if you look at Mugen and Spoon Parts numbers they are all the same so i think it would be ok...

02SilverSiHB
08-28-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by AkronSi
I know that this thread is a little old now, but I didn't feel like starting a new one.

Has anyone done this?

Also when Comptech says that they are "firmer but still very streetable", how do the RSX springs rate to the SI's? Are they the same or firmer than ours?

Just wondering.

Thanks.
I found out later that on nopionline they have comptech springs for ours

AkronSi
08-29-2002, 07:35 AM
Thanks everyone.