PDA

View Full Version : Can an EP be towed..???

paralysis
06-13-2003, 09:32 PM
I have been looking into moving so I was going to put my Ep on a UHaul 2 wheel dolly and let the eps rear wheels stay on the ground. Well, UHaul says it cannot be done with our car because the car is to low and will hit the ground. So I asked about the flat bed trailer and they said no again because it will not make it up the ramp without hitting... Is this true? How can I get my car to where I am going now?
I really wanted to use the 2 wheel dolly it's only $258.00 as opposed to $560.00 for the flat bed.

Mugen_EP
06-13-2003, 10:20 PM
If its too low it may not work on a 2 wheel dolly but you could get it on a flat bed using some 2x4's. Thats how we get the race cars on and off the trailers. ;)

!@#$%
06-13-2003, 11:29 PM
if my car on progress springs can make it up my driveway and onto the alignment rack, then it can make it up a trailer.

02NJHondaep3
06-14-2003, 08:47 AM
Sadly i know this. stock height can be towed. As for lowered i dont know.

paralysis
06-14-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by 02nighthawksivi
Sadly i know this. stock height can be towed. As for lowered i dont know.

With the stock height it can be towed on a 2 wheel UHaul dolly??
You have done this and it worked? Do tell......

02NJHondaep3
06-15-2003, 02:11 PM
i had it towed on a flat bed truck when i broke a cv joint. I dont think it would be a problem to have it towed on a uhaul. Dont take my advice though i'm no expert

k20hatch
06-15-2003, 09:27 PM
I had mine put on a flat bed for getting it impounded after i got caught street racing...lol so ya it can be!

Brettnyt
06-15-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by k20hatch
I had mine put on a flat bed for getting it impounded after i got caught street racing...lol so ya it can be!

(clapping) way to give EP's a bad name! Horray for insurance boosts! ;)

furious
06-16-2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Brettnyt

(clapping) way to give EP's a bad name! Horray for insurance boosts! ;)

fugit...I personally don't give a shibby about that as the insurance for the EP is already sky high in my MA (MY state)...

that reminds me to look this shibby up and find if I need a new thread to release my fury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02NJHondaep3
06-16-2003, 07:52 AM
You all have not seen high insurance until you live in new jersey...

and nah it stems from crazy sue happy people.

k20hatch
06-16-2003, 10:55 AM
lol well i beat a 2000 prelude sh in the race...im only 17 years old and the ticket got dropped after dip class and suspended liscense for 30 days...Insurance didnt go up a bit!

NamingException
06-16-2003, 01:31 PM
My EP got towed for parking for fifteen minutes in a near empty lot that had tiny do-not-park signs posted well away from where I parked the car. Then they charged me a hundred and fifty dollars and wouldn't let me pick it up until the next day when they had a half hour window that they allowed you to come and pick it up. They put it on a flatbed. Fucking pissed me off. I still want to firebomb the goddam place.

camslash
06-16-2003, 09:39 PM
you are lucky. my ep got towed 35 miles backwards in first gear with the front wheels on the ground. the ahole towed me from an apt complex and stickered everyone else. i don't know how it is where you are but in dallas there isn't a thing you can do about it and there is no way you are ever going to get any money out of the tow company. those wrecker people are a bunch of sorry smelly hellbound creeps.