PDA

View Full Version : thank you for deleting

SinisterCivicSi
06-14-2003, 06:54 AM
thanks whoever deleted that post by mr 87 regal. i see he put in a response by my email notification, but i am sure if he had sumthin important to say he would have pm'ed me.

PEACE

02-sir
06-14-2003, 07:33 AM
um, I'm not sure how bad that thread got, but the last I saw of it, Mr regal posted very politely about the crash, then asked us to excuse the "tin foil" comment because some of the other people on that site don't appreciate our cars as much as him (or something to that effect), then he ended it with an aluminum foil joke which I though was funny. In general, the post was in good humour and not inflammatory. Then someone posted with some anti-American/Domestic crap, (which is just as ignorant as anti-import comments) and started acting like he was a troll (which I don't believe he was)

Even after taking exception to the anti American comment, (and posting some pictures of some old Buicks that were totally wrecked yet the driver survived), Mr Regal admitted he would rather get into an accident in an EP than an 80's Buick (for obvious reasons, non of which have anything to do with the automobile's brand and/or perceived country of origin)

I have no idea what happened after that, but as far as I could tell, there was no reason for that thread to get ugly. If you're that insecure about what you drive, maybe you shouldn't drive it.

SinisterCivicSi
06-14-2003, 07:37 AM
no sweetie, those people posting pics of wrecked american cars, that wasnt me and i hope that insecure comment wasnt directed towards me. i never said anything directly to regal but he got up my ass like i did.
i am just glad its gone.....no need for hate.

remember - i am an ep owner also, hence the membership on this board.

02-sir
06-14-2003, 07:46 AM
what hate?

I believe Mr regal was the one who posted the pictures of the wrecked American cars in defence to the anti American comment that if the car was a focus (or any other domestic) the driver would have been dead (since all of the drivers in the pictures supposedly survived)

let's face it, the fact that the driver survived was a fluke.

the insecure comment was directed to who ever took that post as a personal attack, and felt the need to start with the anti-American crap. I don't recall who that was, since the thread has now been deleted, my little turtle dove.

edit: I'm glad it's over now as well. Peace :)

SinisterCivicSi
06-14-2003, 01:05 PM
i wasnt referring to you with the hate comment...just in general. relax.
thanks, i have never been referred to as a "turtle dove" before....

dont know whether to be insulted or flattered.

topic over, dropped.....

peace out

Type X
06-14-2003, 07:24 PM
hey anyone got

http://ephatch.com/forum/images/newpm1.gif