PDA

View Full Version : Cheap or do it yoruself type of modz???

dupmaronew
06-14-2003, 12:04 PM
Yea ive seen how some ppl have painted their dash and then theres the calipers then also the wheels that ya can paint. But is there any other things that can be done. Stuff thats kinda in the whole painting somethgn different or yea by yourslef and all?? thanks

Civicvtec1ps
06-14-2003, 12:36 PM
DIY painted headlights.
DIY interior color change

fsugatorbait
06-16-2003, 09:26 AM
Valve cover, engine cover, headlights, dash...etc.

chubbychu
06-16-2003, 10:15 AM
oh yes there is more than just painiting you can clear out your emblems, you can change your dash light color...really hard though.

Even an intake, strut bar, and clear bumperlenses are relatively cheap on ebay.

ephatchback
06-24-2003, 12:36 AM
I made a guage pod w/ the extra hole to the right of my shifter. I just ran the wires through the dash and cut the hole big enough to fit the guage. Total cost-nada
Total time-30 min.
However when you're in fifth you can't see the guage at all. When I get my OEM carbon fiber dash kit, I'm going to relocate the hazard button to the spare hole and put the guage in the hazard location. I'll post pics if I can figure out how.

Civicvtec1ps
06-24-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by ephatchback
I made a guage pod w/ the extra hole to the right of my shifter. I just ran the wires through the dash and cut the hole big enough to fit the guage. Total cost-nada
Total time-30 min.
However when you're in fifth you can't see the guage at all. When I get my OEM carbon fiber dash kit, I'm going to relocate the hazard button to the spare hole and put the guage in the hazard location. I'll post pics if I can figure out how.
i want to see pictures!
if you cant figure it out. send pictures to
peacemaker1ps@msn.com
i will post it up
:D

ssvr6
06-24-2003, 07:53 AM
Paint the calipers, paint the reflectors, mod the stock air box, get a K&N filter, etc..

Steve

CleanBlackSi02
06-24-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
Paint the calipers, paint the reflectors, mod the stock air box, get a K&N filter, etc..

Steve
These are the only DIY mods I will allow you to do. ^

Team
06-26-2003, 09:48 PM
You can pretty much paint anything you see, its just knowing how to paint it and what materials to use.. different brands make different paints for parts of you vehicle.. just don't do something stupid by yourself that you will later regret...

Adam

ephatchback
07-09-2003, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps

i want to see pictures!
if you cant figure it out. send pictures to
peacemaker1ps@msn.com
i will post it up
:D
Got to interior forum under 'spare tire enclosure pics....finally'.
There's two pics there, but for some reason my computer won't show any pictures. Anyone else having this problem?????

Suk02Si
07-09-2003, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by ephatchback

Got to interior forum under 'spare tire enclosure pics....finally'.
There's two pics there, but for some reason my computer won't show any pictures. Anyone else having this problem?????
Were they attachments? For some reason all attachments were lost when ephatch was down.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com
http://www.imagestation.com

use one of them to host your pics instead of using ephatch as your personal server:D

ssvr6
07-11-2003, 01:04 PM
Here's the complete install.

http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail.php?Tech_ID=EP_SPARE_TIRE_SUB

Steve

GeNoZiDe
07-22-2003, 10:19 PM
but when u paint ur stuff u should really use a type of flex and a sealer for the paint other wise that stuffs gonna be to shiny or chip to easy or jus not look to good