PDA

View Full Version : Blemishes on black plastic

02TafWhtSi
08-17-2002, 06:26 PM
Anyone else notice that its really easy to scratch up and make marks in our dash area? This black plastic material is really making me pissed b/c every other day I notice a new scratch or scuff mark! I assume some Mother's "Back to Black" should take care of it but how annyoing!

SBC31
08-17-2002, 06:33 PM
The only area of the black that is bad is the cover that slides over the center console cup holders. The dash itself is fine, but gets dusty lot's being it's black.

The bezel around the radio and so on (grey area) is easy to scratch.

VegasEP
08-17-2002, 07:05 PM
Yeah it's pretty irritating especially when the sun is shining inside the cabin. I can see all the imperfections on the dash. It's nothing new though, I've experienced this in all the Hondas I've owned. On a side note, do you guys have scuff marks on the bottom of your doors from exiting the car? That's another thing that rubs me the wrong way. Oh well, guess I better try my best to keep the exterior top-notch.

Mikael
08-17-2002, 09:26 PM
I've got a ton of said white scuff marks on the bottom of the doors and below the windows in the back. It sucks. I can't tell if it'll come right off or not. Even the plastic sleeve that the passenger's seat belt is anchored into shows every kick it's received. I imagine it can all be fixed but how about prevented?

-MIKAEL

ApexinSi
08-18-2002, 07:51 AM
I've got scruffs on my PASSENGER door only...because some lazy asses that ride in my car don't know how to life their feet up when entering a car.
I've noticed the large dust collection on the inside of the car. I'm constantly cleaning off the dash with a damp paper towel.

cleanblack2002
08-18-2002, 08:23 AM
My car has scuff marks on the driver and passanger side. It sucks because my car is black and its very noticable....Unfortunately, im not sure if its ever going to come off or not, but I try not to get too upset about it because sometimes if you are in a hurry, you become careless and mark up the interior :(

SpeedRacer
08-22-2002, 05:20 PM
my girlfriend puts her feat on my dash and it piss's me off i try not to say anything but if i do she just dosn't understand why i dont like it when she does it.

SLOlife
08-22-2002, 06:01 PM
Well, you could tell her how fast and violently the airbags deploy and that she would look really funny when her feet are where her head is. Pretty morbid but could happen.

David K.
08-22-2002, 08:03 PM
I got the scuff marks on both doors, and yeah the dash does get little blemishes easily. One thing I just noticed that you guys should look out for: Just above the glove box there is a fairly sharp edge where the dash curves under, and on this part of the dash there is some sort of coating that is peeling off!!! Anyone else experiencing this? My dealer said they would warranty it.

BTW: Swiffer or Pledge Grab-It cloths work great for dusting your interior.

CleanBlackSi02
08-24-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
my girlfriend puts her feat on my dash and it piss's me off i try not to say anything but if i do she just dosn't understand why i dont like it when she does it.

That's wack. I can only imagine what her car looks like. My peeve is when people lean on my car like it's some kind of f-ing park bench....ESPECIALLY with jeans on! Friends or not, that's a no-no. I have all of these little vertical scratches in my wonderful black paint from these bastards.

SmoothOperator
08-24-2002, 02:24 PM
Swiffer or Pledge Grab-It cloths work great for dusting your interior.

I SWEAR by those Swiffer clothes! They do a great (and easy) job of dusting the dash and interior.
I've also noticed how easily the "ledge" just above the glovebox gets scuffed. I think it's just skin marks from my ex's knees. But they wipe off really easily.

CleanBlackSi02
08-24-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator

I SWEAR by those Swiffer clothes! They do a great (and easy) job of dusting the dash and interior.
I've also noticed how easily the "ledge" just above the glovebox gets scuffed. I think it's just skin marks from my ex's knees. But they wipe off really easily.

Skin marks? Does she shed like a snake or something? j/k.

natesi
08-26-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer

What are you doing to your girlfriend while her feet are on your dash?!?

efcee
08-27-2002, 12:22 AM
speedracer i know what your talking about
my girlfriend always thinks it's soo comfortable or something to put her feet up on the dash / windsheild then i got footmarks

heh dont wanna start a battle over it though but damn ..
respect my shxt! heheh

CleanBlackSi02
08-27-2002, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by natesi

What are you doing to your girlfriend while her feet are on your dash?!?

I guess that might be an exception....minus the shoes....

2K2SilverSi
08-27-2002, 04:55 PM
I just hope she realizes her legs will be broken if that airbag goes off. Honda passenger airbags fire streight up into the windsheild before comming at the passenger and they do so with enough force to crack the window. You should tell her not to do it for a safety percausion as well as caring for your car.

SLOlife
08-27-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by 2K2SilverSi
I just hope she realizes her legs will be broken if that airbag goes off. Honda passenger airbags fire streight up into the windsheild before comming at the passenger and they do so with enough force to crack the window. You should tell her not to do it for a safety percausion as well as caring for your car.
I think I said the same thing
:D

2K2SilverSi
09-03-2002, 07:08 AM
I know but I just thought I would add some more comments :p

SiNi$t3R
09-03-2002, 08:41 PM
One time when my girl was fiving me h**d and all of a sudden, the airbags went off! She accidentally bit off you know what and on top of that, she got heel marks on my ledge where the glove box is at. Damn now I got to clean up the blood stain + the heel marks.:mad: