PDA

View Full Version : My dealership experience

pappaljf
06-14-2003, 10:49 PM
Ok, so I drive my Civic cross country (from TN to CA)

Everything was perfect for about a week after the end of the trip. I'd almost gotten used to the continuous creaking sound my clutch makes everytime I press it. All of a sudden, I hear a serious grinding sound accelerating between 2-4k rpms. I bring it in to the dealership the next day. I insist a mechanic drive with me, and he hears the sound. They check it out.

Broken Motor Mount
Defective Clutch Master Cylinder.

The motor mount came in the next day, the master took like a week and a half because it's on something called "critical back order." Regardless, the dealership sprung for a decent rental (altima, not too bad) for the whole time.

Anyway, after the repair, it's like a whole new clutch. I'm really quite happy. Maybe it's my imagination, but the clutch feels much easier to press down now that they've changed it out. Anyway, no real reason for posting this, just thought I'd share.

Oh, one last question:

The dealership offered to re-upholster my seats. They ordered the front covers and the red inserts. Should I let them do this? They apparently send the car out to an upholstery shop, which has me EXTREMELY hesistant. What should I do?

Brettnyt
06-14-2003, 11:26 PM
Sounds like your experience with the dealership has been great, as for redoin the seats, whats the cost? Sounds pretty neat... what fabric? Whats it gunna look like? Could be pretty cool... I know a couple guys on here have leather, and someone has an Si emblem on his seats...