PDA

View Full Version : Which spring do you prefer?

SoCaLep3
06-14-2003, 11:29 PM
well... im finnaly deciding to lower my ride... What spring would you prefer?... shocks? why?

chubbychu
06-15-2003, 12:01 AM
you must not have searched! its okay tho....ill go ahead and help u out! Im not lowered yet but after hours and hours of getting peoples opinion and searching through the many thousands of posts in this forum i would get the eibach sportlines, they are ep specific and will be better for stock shocks unlike the TEIN which were my Main combating choice. The ride between most of the springs is gonna be about the same if not a little stiffer than stock. And for lowering i believe eibach provide the best drivability GUARENTEED! the tein and progress drop a little lower. So all in all, i AM getting the sportlines. btw shocks arent out for the ep yet

SoCaLep3
06-15-2003, 08:27 PM
hey thanx for the info... im still looking at the thosands of posts and im kinda leaning towards the progress.

phatsi
06-16-2003, 06:26 PM
I have Progress Springs now and if you want to have them not clunk, when you order them make sure to get extra coil wrap (plastic to cover where the springs hit themselves and rest) right away or else you can call the company to get some. Also, after taking my rear passenger side spring off 4 times and remounting it, it is going back to Progress and a new one sent to me because it was cut 1/2 inch too short during manufactoring so it had booty sag going on in the back right. They are a great drop and ride but make sure you check them out and measure before you put them on.:o

chubbychu
06-16-2003, 07:31 PM
hmmm i dont think all that is necessary with sportlines are they?

phatsi
06-16-2003, 09:23 PM
Probably not but I've seen too many cars in the past with Eibach's and the ass starts to sag after about 8 months.

chubbychu
06-16-2003, 10:54 PM
are you SUUUUREEE?! because eibach has a "no-sag GUARENTEE"

phatsi
06-18-2003, 01:47 PM
Never looked at the fine print... but its still a pain either spring you choose to re-install them again...

2k2_nbp_egg
06-18-2003, 01:58 PM
I got my progress springs shipped from showstoppers for 140, pretty tite deal IMO. The drop is pretty aggressive, and the ride is a little harsher, but I plan on getting shocks as soon as they come out so it's all good.

RockEP_SS**
06-18-2003, 02:35 PM
Tein or Progress are two really good choices. I don't think you can make a wrong decision!

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

SoCaLep3
06-18-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by 2k2_nbp_egg
I got my progress springs shipped from showstoppers for 140, pretty tite deal IMO. The drop is pretty aggressive, and the ride is a little harsher, but I plan on getting shocks as soon as they come out so it's all good.

I just check the Showstoppers site and there is no option for that spring

RockEP_SS**
06-18-2003, 05:34 PM
Yo SoCal! Check out the Vendor sales section. We got em going for 139.00 shipped ;). If your interested in a set gimme a call here at the shop (818)243-0954. Thanks!

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

P.S. Oh yeah I forgot, since your in Cali you gotta pay Uncle Sam (tax)!

Kumar
06-18-2003, 07:24 PM
progress (nice ride and perfect drop)for sure from showstoppers. Can't beat there prices.