PDA

View Full Version : Look what happened at the damn car wash to my rims

Si02
06-15-2003, 02:22 PM
I asked the asshole before I even drove through about whether or not my rims would get damaged and he said no. Now I guess hes going to have a law suit.

Si02
06-15-2003, 02:23 PM
and

Joker
06-15-2003, 02:25 PM
Damn, I am very sorry to see what happened to your rim :(
I used to work at a car wash in high school, and you couldn't pay me to take my car to one.
Believe me, it pays to wash it yourself.

Again, I am sorry

SinisterCivicSi
06-15-2003, 02:33 PM
dam those rims are tight, what are they ?

sorry about what happened. that happened to some old rims of my husbands, i had bought them for him for christmas and like a month later he took it thru a car wash, scratched the front two rims all up around the lip....i was furious. needless to say, i wont buy rims for him again!

02NJHondaep3
06-15-2003, 03:31 PM
hey were u driving thro chinatown yesterday in philly? Those rims look familiar haha.

Si02
06-15-2003, 03:46 PM
The rims are ICW Stillettos. I usually handwash my car myself but I didn't have 4 hours to spare and I just wanted to rinse the dirt off. If there was any doubt in his mind that the rims might get scratched he should have told me instead of saying no they wont get damaged. I talked to him on the phone and Im suppose to go see him on Tuesday to work it out. If they arent replaced then I'll have to take his ass to court. SinisterCivicSi did you ever go back to the car wash and bitch or take them to court? Also I live about 1hr 15mins away from Philly so no I wasn't in Chinatown.

SinisterCivicSi
06-15-2003, 04:12 PM
no i didnt, it was my husbands car. i was walking up the driveway and i noticed it, i thought he curbed them. i asked him what the hell happened to his new rims and he said the car wash did it. i told him i wanted to go up there and he said dont worry about it, he can get them fixed. fug that, if it were mine i would have them pay for my shit.

good for you, make sure you have your receipt or something to prove you went thru that carwash.

TrippZ
06-15-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi
no i didnt, it was my husbands car. i was walking up the driveway and i noticed it, i thought he curbed them. i asked him what the hell happened to his new rims and he said the car wash did it. i told him i wanted to go up there and he said dont worry about it, he can get them fixed. fug that, if it were mine i would have them pay for my shit.

good for you, make sure you have your receipt or something to prove you went thru that carwash.

your husbands turbo EK?

SiR Medic
06-15-2003, 04:20 PM
I did that to my stock rims... No big deal really.

In summertime, I won't go NEAR a auto-wash, but this happened in winter and I was desperate to get the salt off my car.

I'm gonna get new ones anyway... So I don't really care about the stockies.

I DO prefer more "curb-friendly" concave (curving in) designs over Convex ones like Si02's though... For this very reason.

IceD out N CALI
06-15-2003, 04:44 PM
thats a pisser. I dont trust any of those things so i strictly have it handwashed

Brettnyt
06-15-2003, 05:38 PM
Other than the damage, VERY nice lookin rims, whered you pick em up and for how much?

Happy 1000 post to me...... :D :cool:

Ive waited for this moment for quite some time... :'( emotional, isnt it?

DyNastySi
06-15-2003, 06:50 PM
Oh man that sucks. My friend used to work at a car wash and came home with stories all the time. They would allways f'up somebodies car and the only thing they would do is point to a small sign saying that they werent responsible for anything done to the car while it went through the wash. After stories like that I feel that there is no choice but to wash your own car.

You should keep those rims n e way so when winter comes around you can pimp those and put your new ones away for hybernation.

STP03BlueSI
06-15-2003, 07:05 PM
damn sorry to see that. I know workin for saturn they wash my car, i tell them not to put that rim cleaner on it eats the paint and having the rims redone on the saturn i really dont want to shell out 175 bucks to get them recoated. so no wheel acid for me.

JLannoo
06-15-2003, 07:08 PM
I cant really wash my car at home (apartment) So I always go to one of the local quarter washes so I can do it myself.

I just dont trust auto washes or the goofs at the soft touch places

Type X
06-15-2003, 07:35 PM
i dunno about your places
but all damage in a car wash = your problem

and u should no better than to put ANY oversized rim and or lowered car on a car wash with rails

that = BIG no no

hand wash ONLY for my shit:cool:

VBSI
06-15-2003, 08:31 PM
I had one of my rims damaged as well-and I was told that I should have known better. Fuck that - is it so hard for a car wash to add protective coverings over the bare metal rails that your car goes near? I'm on your side man-you shouldn't have to worry about shit like that.

BarracksSi
06-15-2003, 10:02 PM
My question: How does a car wash do that to a wheel? The EP ain't the widest vehicle on the road...

Anyway,

About a week ago, I went to a self-spray car wash on a local AF base with the intent to clean off the rain-borne road grime that had been on for a couple weeks. The car got rinsed, but not much of the gunk came off.

So, finally, I washed & waxed it myself today (encouraged in no small way by the bird diarrhea that landed on it last night!), and it's clean again.

I live in an apartment as well, but there's a couple deep sinks in the laundry room. They're easy to access, being right by an outside door, so I use a bucket for my washing. One soapy bucket's worth, then two clear buckets, and then dry, wax, and whatever else I feel like doing.

My building is downtown, just a couple blocks away from the Capitol itself, so I park in the street (no door dings with parallel parking!). It's kinda cool to be washing the car and talking to people walking by, often answering questions about the car -- "No, it's not the hybrid.." ;)

513n179
06-16-2003, 12:03 AM
ooh, that sucks... poor rims... i'm still on stocks and baby them, hehe.

i also play it safe and devote an hour or so every week to wash it by hand. which reminds me, i need to buy more soap...

Si02
06-16-2003, 03:46 AM
My whole thing is I was told that they wouldnt get damaged. If he would have told me that there was a slight chance that it would get damaged I would have backed out and been on my way. He does this shit everyday. He should have known. I didn't just drive up and drive through and now I'm bitching. I asked him before I even pulled up. I never had aftermarket rims on any of my cars and didn't know the risk. He either knew of the risk and didn't give a shit what happened to my car or is as dumb as he looks.

AkronSi
06-16-2003, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by JLannoo
I cant really wash my car at home (apartment) So I always go to one of the local quarter washes so I can do it myself.

I live in an apartment too, and when I can't wash my car at my parent's or girlfriend's then I use a couple different products. One is Protect-All Quick & Easy wash, the other is Poorboy's World Spray & Wipe. They are both great for washing with little to no water. Check them out.

[edit]
With the Spary & Wipe, you can do your car in 5-10 minutes if it's already pretty clean!

SinisterCivicSi
06-16-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by TrippZ

your husbands turbo EK?

haa haa he wished he had turbo! nah, this was on his 93 civic he had, thats gone now. he knows better than to take the 00 si in a carwash now.

golferjn
06-16-2003, 11:12 PM
sorry to hear about that. hope everything works out