PDA

View Full Version : Gearing problem pl help!!!

02CivicSI-VTEC
06-15-2003, 03:01 PM
Hi ya'll, today while coming back home from modesto, CA i've experince a major problem on the highway. there was alot of traffic and kinda hot out too. I had to slow down and shift it into a lower gear. All of a sudden I can't seem to put it in to any gear at all ( this is while the clutch is down all the way:'( ) i've tried putting in 3rd, then 4th, and 5th but it wont go in. So I've pulled over to the shoulder and once i got it in gear it work fine again.. So far this happen to me twice!! :( and im not shure of what to do.. is because i need to change the tranny and clutch oil? or what? dose transmission cover under the warrenty?? if any of you experience this let me here yourside of the story and how you solved it . I just might have to go to honda's tomorrow to see what can be fix. P.s I hate people at honda always trying to make me pay for everything that went wrong with my car when i foken bought 72000 warrenty. :mad: Grrrr.....

SinisterCivicSi
06-15-2003, 03:20 PM
its covered under warranty especially if you got that extended honda care warranty ( i did too but mine is 100K).

they will try and get out of it, cause warranty work costs them alot of money. if they give you trouble dont act like an ass....speak to the service manager and if he acts like he doesnt wanna do it, call american honda. every time it does that bring it in, under certian state lemon laws they have to fix it. not sayin you got a lemon but thats how car dealers make their money, by collecting on the big extended warranty purchases and not fixing things. if they think they can talk their way out of a $2000+ repair, dont you think they will try? i know i would if i were them.