PDA

View Full Version : Indentation around Antenna

02TafWhtSi
06-15-2003, 06:03 PM
Well, I've had this issue since day one but I'm just now reporting it to you guys. Not sure if its normal (hope it is) but there's a slight indentation in the roof directly surrounding the antenna - a perfect circle around. Its pretty slight but still noticeable. Also, when I dry the roof and get to that area it always bends in slightly and snaps back with a noise (sounds like Saturn's plastic doors if you press your finger into it - comes back into shape.) So here are a few pics to give you some idea. Like I said, its pretty slight but still visible. Please tell me your looks the same :o

02TafWhtSi
06-15-2003, 06:04 PM
a different angle

02TafWhtSi
06-15-2003, 06:05 PM
last one:

Brettnyt
06-15-2003, 07:18 PM
Sorry bro, not normal... What happened? somebody jackin off your antenna and they squeezed it too hard on the down stroke? :confused:

STP03BlueSI
06-15-2003, 07:33 PM
A) They tightened the antenna too much(Seen it on the L300 made by saturn)

B)some one tryed to jack your ish.(but doubt it)

glw
06-15-2003, 07:42 PM
sorry, mine doesn't have that feature.

Accordexcpe95
06-15-2003, 07:49 PM
U]when I dry the roof and get to that area it always bends in slightly and snaps back with a noise [/U]

yup.. the metal on the roof is really thin.. u can jus push it in.. but i don't have that circle dent. someone push in or tighten the antenna too much...

ep pilot
06-16-2003, 12:57 AM
My car has a very subtle ring around the same area, I had dent-pro massage the area out for $45 bucks, I pulled the trim and B-pillar sides off and he lowered the headliner for the guy. otherwise it would have been $120.

I noticed my dented area about two days after picking my car up from the dealer, I always thought it was damaged from the Quality control dept when the mounted it up there, and installed my shift knob.

-Ryan

furious
06-16-2003, 04:18 AM
nope...that definitely ain't norm.

why do some of you think that over tightening may result in a circular indentation? the screw isn't long enough to drive the dent...I thought...:o

Will2K2
06-16-2003, 07:04 AM
Not Normal / don't have it myself / Know the sound /

02TafWhtSi
06-16-2003, 03:50 PM
Oh well, I guess I'll just have to accept it. It really isn't all that bad - no one notices it unless I specifically point it out. I could be a pain and take it back to Honda but I know know they'll just BS me because of my mods (which have nothing to do with the problem :rolleyes: ). Anyway, thanks for clearing this up guys - at least now I know its a "me only" problem and not a characteristic of the car.