PDA

View Full Version : F-ing parking lot a-holes!

BSEVEER
06-15-2003, 09:31 PM
Well, it finally happened to me. I knew my car couldn't stay perfect forever. I was walking up my driveway Friday evening only to see 3 dings on the drivers side right in front of the rear fender, right about where the "c" is in i-vtec. I was so pissed. I don't know when it happened, maybe at the Angels game last Monday. I park way away from everyone whenever possible to avoid jackwads that throw their doors open like a bandit walking into a saloon. My deductable is only $100 but being on unemployment makes that a big $100. And today I got my car washed, so I could take my pops out for fathers day without being embarassed about how dirty my car was, and afterward I notice my SRS light on. I doubt it has anything to do with the carwash but I really don't know. Anyway, not a good weekend for the EP.:(

02NJHondaep3
06-15-2003, 09:43 PM
sorry to hear that. it happens. today i see a nice scratch mark above my rear wheel while inflating my tires. I figure when i put more work into my car i'll have it fixed and painted like new.

Brettnyt
06-15-2003, 10:37 PM
yeah, i have found 4 dings in my car, 2 on the left rear quarter, small, yet noticable from the right angle. Not deep, just a quarter sized dimple for each. And 2 door dings. Left door, through the paint, small damage, done with a scooter...:o i hate my friends... LOL, and the other, passenger side door, sum moron opened their door too quickly, very noticable from the right angles, quarter sized, pretty deep, on surface of paint. :( I'll prolly just wait till my car looks like ass then take her into dent wizard or wutever and have em fix up all the dents so she looks all purdy... :D

Jester
06-15-2003, 10:44 PM
I am thinking of taking a course in paintless dent removal and investing in some of those fancy toolkits...

I've had my car 3 months and already have two fucking dings...worst of all is that it is people that live in the same building as me. Happened to my old car the first week I had it..some asshole in a big fuckin truck. no note and he didn't even care enough to move his truck to hide the evidence ..everything lined up perfectly..what a fuckin dick!

Paintless dent removal is like majic!

furious
06-16-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by Jester
Happened to my old car the first week I had it..some asshole in a big fuckin truck. no note and he didn't even care enough to move his truck to hide the evidence ..everything lined up perfectly..what a fuckin dick!

Paintless dent removal is like majic!

See, I don't put up with shibby like that....me....I would move my car...wait a couple days...then I would take a baseball bat to his hood, roof, doors, and slash them four tires (at nite)....sooo...then maybe he'll get himself a new truck that he would baby...then I'd fucking put an equal ding on that shibby too!!:p BITCH :p

RiceCzechs
06-16-2003, 07:19 AM
I had a decent SUV/Truck dent (high on the panel) within 10 days of getting my EP... it has since been joined by another one on the same (passenger) side. No chance of keeping it showroom fresh anyhow, so... just let it roll off your back.

siver-SI
06-16-2003, 09:06 AM
I have been lucky with that side molding. I have had so far 3 scratches in it. They all buff out easy but 3 scraches in plastic and not my metal is making me keep those ugly things on.

Brettnyt
06-16-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by furious

See, I don't put up with shibby like that....me....I would move my car...wait a couple days...then I would take a baseball bat to his hood, roof, doors, and slash them four tires (at nite)....sooo...then maybe he'll get himself a new truck that he would baby...then I'd fucking put an equal ding on that shibby too!!:p BITCH :p

You are a very angry person... ;)

02TafWhtSi
06-16-2003, 03:44 PM
Yeah, it kills me too when I find new ones. I just accept and go on with life - shit happens ;)

SiR Medic
06-16-2003, 04:12 PM
Yeah... My ride's got a few parking lot scars...

I don't like it, but I'm not gonna freak out over it. I bought my car to be a daily driver, and that shit is gonna happen.

Best you can do is be careful where you park. I like to park far from other cars, or next to another nice car that you know the owner is going to be careful with his doors.

What pisses me off the most is those lazy pricks that don't put their shopping carts away!:mad:

JLannoo
06-16-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic

What pisses me off the most is those lazy pricks that don't put their shopping carts away!:mad:

I work at a supermarket (Kroger)....my poor EP :'(

siver-SI
06-16-2003, 05:27 PM
I hope you park as far down the parking lot as you can.

Jester
06-16-2003, 05:28 PM
seems like most times when I make a concious effort to park as far as possible away from anything (which is most of the time) is when some a-hole parks his semi or big friggin 4x4 or tractor or backhoe right beside me as close as they can get..man it pisses me off soooo much!

TheWevel
06-16-2003, 05:34 PM
Don't feel bad. Last week my car got hit by some douche bag kid (got his license 2 weeks before) in our company parking lot. Apparently when he was turning into the spot, he made the turn a little (a lot) too wide. He was in a '91 K-Series Blazer.

I lost my tail light and my rear fender well was fucked up pretty bad. This was in addition to the ding that I got under my passenger side rear window (where the angle in the metal is). I'm pretty sure it was from the same Blazer. The kids mother works with me and apparently they share the same Blazer.

If there is one thing I hate more than anything, it's stupid-ass SUV drivers that don't care about thier actions. Luckily the kid stuck around (that's how bad it was) so I could get all of his insurance info. My car's in the shop getting worked on and now I have to drive a Sentra.

Worst car ever, by the way. It's pretty slow, and doesn't have ABS. OR GOD DAMNED CRUISE CONTROL. POWER EVERYTHING, BUT NO CRUISE CONTROL. I'm pretty broken up about this.

TravisEP3
06-16-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Jester
seems like most times when I make a concious effort to park as far as possible away from anything (which is most of the time) is when some a-hole parks his semi or big friggin 4x4 or tractor or backhoe right beside me as close as they can get..man it pisses me off soooo much!

I totally have the same crappy luck. I can park at the absolute farthest spot away from the entrance to whatever and some f'n dick has to park in the spot next to me. I don't f'n get it. Especially when there is 20 spots next to me on each side. That really tweaks every freaking nerve I have. Whew! :o Thanks for letting me vent that out.

furious
06-16-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt

You are a very angry person... ;)

:angel: ..........;) Well, I admit I need help:p

BSEVEER
06-17-2003, 11:37 AM
I have come to the conclusion that it is a shopping cart dent.:(