PDA

View Full Version : found something cool to do with high beams!

chubbychu
06-15-2003, 10:38 PM
i know this is stupid and you people might ALREADY DO THIS but hey, if we can talk about our fishtanks than we can certainly talk about this...first of all let me say, the highbeam switch (pushing it forward is crap, my mom has it in her sentra feels cheap, i prefer clicking it back) anyways I was driving the other night and some dude had his highbeams on...so i give him a quick flash with my high beams, you know, when you move it backwards it just goes back to the orig. position....anyways, i did it really fast and instead of going from quick highbeam back to low beam it went straight to the foward position (high beam) anyways...the point is, if you click your light lever to the backward position and let go quickly, you can get to the stationary high beam without having to push foward!

yea... :rolleyes:

just a little trick i picked up... +1 for cool factor! lolol

Brettnyt
06-15-2003, 10:45 PM
Cool.... pointless..... but cool.... LOL, Might as well just push it forwards, works everytime then... Did it work consistently for you?

chubbychu
06-15-2003, 11:24 PM
yep! just gotta get the flick right! lol my deal with "just pushing it fowards" is that my hands and fingers are pretty short. so its easier to just pull it back than extend and push foward! =O)

Suk02Si
06-15-2003, 11:58 PM
your a loser;) :D

ThickMick
06-16-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Suk02Si

Hehe, but that's pretty cool info.

SBC31
06-16-2003, 08:58 AM
And here I thought this was a thread on "Pointy Nipples"......lol!

Now I'm dissapointed.:D

chubbychu
06-16-2003, 10:09 AM
LOLOL! pointy nipples?hahahahaha

suk, i bet u are doing this all the time! :D

Brettnyt
06-16-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
yep! just gotta get the flick right! lol my deal with "just pushing it fowards" is that my hands and fingers are pretty short. so its easier to just pull it back than extend and push foward! =O)

Haha, aight, whatever works for you... :D

chubbychu
06-16-2003, 10:49 AM
you might as well try it...since curiousity has already got ahold of you

BSEVEER
06-16-2003, 12:38 PM
I thought this was common knowledge. Pulling on the blinker is a momentary switch for the high beams. I think it is pointed out in the manual, I think most cars have a feature like this.:)

chubbychu
06-16-2003, 01:25 PM
yea..i know...but the manual doesnt tell you that from there, you can do it fast and get to your stationry high beams...lol this thread is stupid! lololol and im pretty sure it is comon knowledge although in some cars....when you pull it back it clicks into hi beam and than when you do it again it disengages....whatever...

02TafWhtSi
06-16-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Suk02Si

But at least he knows the contaction of "you are" is "you're" not "your".

:D

Brettnyt
06-16-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi

But at least he knows the contaction of "you are" is "you're" not "your".

Yeah, but atleast he prolly knows how to spell contraction!

chubbychu
06-16-2003, 07:18 PM
yea but at least he can spell probably

BarracksSi
06-16-2003, 07:28 PM

PERV.....

oh wait, headlights....

nevermind..

chubbychu
06-16-2003, 07:39 PM
lol

02TafWhtSi
06-16-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt

Yeah, but atleast he prolly knows how to spell contraction!

ya got me! F'n typos...:mad:

chunky
06-16-2003, 08:23 PM
I like having the high beams the way they are.

that way if you wanna flash somebody (THE HIGHBEAMS YOU PERVS!!! . . . . let me clarify, the HIGHBEAMS ON YOUR CAR) you just pull back on the lever a few times. You can get a quicker flash than if pulling it back toggled the high beams on and off - with that setup you have to pull twice to get one flash. The way ours is setup, one pull = one flash.

swapp99
06-16-2003, 08:33 PM
Hey if you are pulling it more than twice.... Then your are playing with IT!!:p :p

chubbychu
06-16-2003, 09:15 PM
hahah! this thread when south a lot faster and a lot harder than expected! lol

i understand the one flash one pull thing but lets not lose sight of THE WHOLE FREAKING POINT OF THIS THREAD! that if you use the one flash quickly you can get to the high beam stationary setting....

BTW guys this thead was longer than i expected! :D you guys make me happppy! :D ;) :D :) :D

SiR Medic
06-17-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by swapp99
Hey if you are pulling it more than twice.... Then your are playing with IT!!:p :p

Heh-heh...

Hi-beam... Low-beam...

Hi-beam... Low-beam...

Hi-beam... Low-beam...

Hi-beam-low-beam-Hi-beam-Low-beam-Hi-beam-Low-beam... "GAH!" :eek:

I think I need a paper towel.:(

;)

chubbychu
06-17-2003, 05:07 PM
what a bunch of pervs!

BarracksSi
06-17-2003, 07:17 PM
what a bunch of pervs!

You're no better. Notice that we didn't have to explain the "perv-ness" to you...

;)

CgSi
06-17-2003, 07:41 PM
Pull the lever towards you just a bit and you can have high and low beams at the same time. SUPER !