PDA

View Full Version : best first mod

staticflo
06-16-2003, 02:34 PM
ok im sure this topic has been killed but im new here and just want a straight forward answer, i have yet to do anything to my ep but tint the windows i have some extra cash laying around becuase i just graduated high school and cant make up my mind which mod to do first so im asking everyones opinion out there what do you think would be the best first mod to do. Remember i just grad. high school so im not rolling in money here. I just want to improve my cars looks and performance as much as i can with the money i have. Thanks Guys!!!!

gpt
06-16-2003, 02:42 PM
springs ..... you will improve looks and cornering performance.

fyzm7357
06-16-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by gpt
springs ..... you will improve looks and cornering performance.

I second this...even though I still have yet to do it....I passed this up for an exhaust that was on sale at the time....

Civicvtec1ps
06-16-2003, 03:05 PM
springs or intake.

Zigen5
06-16-2003, 03:09 PM
I would say exhaust, CAI, grille, NeuSpeed Short Shifter, and NeuSpeed Strut Bar..

BlasTech
06-16-2003, 03:11 PM
Lighter wheels and good tires, but if you dont have the money for both, go for springs.

jerky
06-16-2003, 03:14 PM
drop or aem CAI, don't pussy around with a short ram.

SubliminalSi
06-16-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
Lighter wheels and good tires, but if you dont have the money for both, go for springs.
ditto..unless you want speed/sound..then go for intake/exhaust. Or just get shiney bulbs

SinisterCivicSi
06-16-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by jerky

you callin me a pussy!? lol

if you live in cali then a cai is fine, but over here in md we get a monsoon season, and with no bypass, i had to pass on the cai...not worth loosin my engine. the sri still sounds good by the way.

sniperSI
06-16-2003, 03:37 PM
CAI

Plain and simple

Most HP for your first mod, inexpensive when compared to other mods.... and homeboy is right

don't be a puss, i live in hurricane alley (florida) rains 247 during the summer, I've never had a problem with a CAI in 3 years. Unless you are a moron you will never experiance hydrolock.

staticflo
06-16-2003, 04:33 PM
thanks for all the feedback, i was leaning towards wheels and tires and springs but im dieing for an intake! I think springs and intake it is save the new shoes for later on, even tho i hate the OEM wheels!! you hear me Honda!!

jerky
06-16-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi

you callin me a pussy!? lol

hahaha. always.:D

Brettnyt
06-16-2003, 04:53 PM
for engine purposes, i would say, realistically, AEM CAI or some sort of intake, but if you have the means, Hondata...

SinisterCivicSi
06-16-2003, 06:06 PM

hahaha. always.:D

LOL bite me jerkey boy! j/k

SiR Medic
06-16-2003, 06:21 PM

I cringe when I think about what would happen to a CAI when it gets clogged up with snow or salt... :'(

I am VERY happy with my Injen SRI thanks!;)

SmoothOperator
06-16-2003, 06:35 PM
Definately Springs or a CAI. Then a buttplug shiftknob.

2k2_nbp_egg
06-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Ice-bizox f00!!!!!

Seriously, my friend ordered his for the type S, and the other links to it have looked promising, so if you want a little more increase in noise, don't want the risk of hydrolock, and don't mind shelling out a couple extra bucks the icebox would be your best bet IMO.

raiyo
06-16-2003, 06:48 PM
I'd say go with PolePosition's CTR sway bar. Cheapest good mod, around 100 dollars. Something that you can really feel, not bad for 100. Better handling and stuff, lesser understeering. (from hearing others)

redronin22
06-16-2003, 07:00 PM
HONDATA.

Its worth it... nough said

TrippZ
06-16-2003, 07:20 PM
ill sell my intake.. 20 plus shipping

staticflo
06-16-2003, 09:18 PM
im located in Pennsylvania, so i dont think i would worry that much about hydrolock if i got a CAI, but springs sound so good and so do wheels and tires, to many mods to little cash.....

SmoothOperator
06-16-2003, 09:31 PM
trust me, having wheels without a drop looks like crap. You've gotta lower it first.

hypnoj
06-18-2003, 08:50 AM
no question: lowering springs is the only way to go for 1st mod!

Civicvtec1ps
06-18-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
trust me, having wheels without a drop looks like crap. You've gotta lower it first.
that is VERY true. i took off my 17s after 1 day because looked like shit. saving up for tein flex or jic this time. ( i had tein ss on my last ride)
:D

DyNastySi
06-18-2003, 04:56 PM
CAI fo sho

I dont understand how people can hydrolock with these things. From what I hear your intake has to be submerged into water for it to hydrolock. O.K. fine, but when you look at where the intake is when your done installing, it looks like you have to drive into a puddle at least 1 foot deep for it to be fully submerged. No worries here, and I live in VA where its been raining none stop. One last thing. Getting the CAI to me was the fastest mod to install juss plug and play, then have your friend take a pic of the big grin ur gonna have on ur face.:D

Jester
06-18-2003, 09:48 PM
"I cringe when I think about what would happen to a CAI when it gets clogged up with snow or salt."

how in the fuck is that supposed to happen..sorry SIR_medic it's not just you I've seen this a couple of times now..unless you are plowing your driveway with the front end of your car there is no way in hell snow is gonna bother your filter any...

oh and for a first mod..drop that shit
and then get an Injen CAI

downhil
06-19-2003, 12:10 AM
dont screw around with any of those "performance" mods

either
a) buy a turbo kit

b) buy a k20a2 swap

commence kicking ass.;)

Si02
06-20-2003, 09:15 PM
My first mod was an Injen CAI so I say go for that or springs. Definately dont get rims and tires without a drop. Take a look at the blue one on Lancaster Ave without a drop. I think it looks like shit.

staticflo
06-20-2003, 10:29 PM
Take a look at the blue one on Lancaster Ave without a drop. I think it looks like shit.

i saw that it did look pretty bad, and to think i almost bought a white one with white rims, thank god i didnt they almost had me......i think im getting springs next fri. either teins or eibachs not sure yet...

KirbEE
06-21-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by staticflo
ok im sure this topic has been killed but im new here and just want a straight forward answer, i have yet to do anything to my ep but tint the windows i have some extra cash laying around becuase i just graduated high school and cant make up my mind which mod to do first so im asking everyones opinion out there what do you think would be the best first mod to do. Remember i just grad. high school so im not rolling in money here. I just want to improve my cars looks and performance as much as i can with the money i have. Thanks Guys!!!!

Hey BRO!!!! If you make your car look prettty to your standards YOU're RICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just make your car GO FAST!!!!!!!!!!! First

Then make it pretty. Dont be RICE RICE BABY!!! Like these other foolios. Save up and go crazy with engine work!!!

staticflo
06-21-2003, 01:26 PM
this whole rice thing is bullshit, i could care less if you think what i do to my car is rice or not, im going to do whatever the hell i want to it until im satisfied with it and if thats "rice" to you well then.......TO BAD!!! sorry but the whole "rice" thing is just ridiculous, do to your car whatever the hell you want and be happy with it, period.

Si02
06-21-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by staticflo
this whole rice thing is bullshit, i could care less if you think what i do to my car is rice or not, im going to do whatever the hell i want to it until im satisfied with it and if thats "rice" to you well then.......TO BAD!!! sorry but the whole "rice" thing is just ridiculous, do to your car whatever the hell you want and be happy with it, period.

WORD!!!!!!!

hypnoj
06-21-2003, 05:47 PM
I agree, do what ever you want to your car. Your the one who has to drive it. Make it look however you want. It's all about the dollars. How much do you have? How much to you want to spend on any one item? Maybe you can't afford a turbo like some of these fools are talking about. Maybe you don't want to. It all depends what you want to use the car for. I don't commute in my car ever, so if I had the money I would probably put in a turbo. (I don't) It will cost close to $5000 or more once you've paid to have it installed. That amount of money could buy a pretty nice big screen TV and several other mods. So budget wisely. For $1500 you could buy nice rims&wheels&lowering springs on Ebay and get it tinted; with a little more love and work your car would look good. If your budget is less, maybe around $500, I still recommed lowering spring, and maybe an CAI (intake). So just think to yourself what you want to accomplish and begin researching how to do it. (always keep in mind a security system, I got a side window smashed out last week and that window cost almost as much as a descent alarm). So have fun, work up a plan for your future car, it's costs, and what you'll be happy with and go for it.