PDA

View Full Version : EP or ACCORD

dilleyoshemp
06-16-2003, 06:46 PM
whatup all

ive been lookin around for alternatives to buyin an EP soon, although im pretty sure i will ;) but i came across the 2door 4cyclinder accord 5sp (2003) and there the same price here in canada, give or take a few hundred. Have ne of you guys driven in these, i heard there just as fast as a stock EP and are underated by 10-15hp? what do you think :angel:

chubbychu
06-16-2003, 07:25 PM
depends on what u are looking for....! if your looking for a family car with "lots" of luggage room compared to the ep or if you are looking for a "classier" car or if you are getting old, or if you are to huge to fit in the ep (gotta be preety big) than get the accord...its not always about speed...IF your decision is based on speed...you shouldnt be getting either of these anyone say srt-4? lolol

but if it IS Between these 2 its seriosuly all what your looking for and your personal preferences. I personally liked my 2000 accord because it was roomy, sexy and a v6 beast. sorta...but the ups of my ep is that its cute agile, fun to mod, teenager sorta car (im 17

ep pilot
06-16-2003, 08:44 PM
Well I was precicesly in the same boat as you my friend, I went in looking for an Accord EX Estate in a 5/speed, but drove out in the Si before Ieven had the chance to drive the Accord.

I would say as much as I love my Si to death, if I had to do it all over again, I would have bought an Accord though. The Si is super slick, always a riot to drive every time you sit down to drive it, It always leaves you driving around with a big fat grin, like your riding with a hot chick beside you, but moreover the size makes it super tossable and nimble, and a great value if you can still get the dealer to discoount it quite a bit.

Anyway, as much as I thought I was into the pocket rocket thing, turns out I think I am more of a sedan guy, I just don't find my self always wanting to be race-ready, or in the spirited driving mode, which whether you want to or not the Si make you feel like, due to the extra suppotive racing-esq seating position, and the feel of the cockpit.

I noticed this on the first 400 mile plus drive I took in my Si I don't think I would have broken a sweat in the Accord. The lack of an armrest is notable after about an hour behind the wheel, also the suspension is quite firm.

-Ryan

chubbychu
06-16-2003, 09:10 PM
yup...the lack of arm rest is really too unfortunate... :eek: do i hear DIY anyone? anyonE?

Brettnyt
06-16-2003, 09:11 PM
Go with the EP, it will make you feel like your sixteen again... Everytime I get inside I feel like im 16.... wait a second... ;) But seriously, i say for accord, either go all out, or stay home... 4 cyl is okay, i mean, classy, but not much umph under the hood... Si is just sweet... :D

chubbychu
06-16-2003, 09:17 PM
yea thats another thing i should have mentioned...if your gonna get an accord...might as well get the v6 six speed!

dilleyoshemp
06-16-2003, 09:34 PM
ya im 17 so i cant afford ne thing more then what an EP costs :mad: oh well :'( i actually sat in an accord and the si coupe that we have in canada, its the basic civic, and even though i found the accord to have nicer materials and stuff even the civic felt more sporty in the drivers seat, but 127hp is just to lil for me :angel:

chubbychu
06-16-2003, 10:57 PM
oh....man, in your case get the ep. Its perfect for teens like us! i can haul all my big friends around in it, its easy to get around in, its really recognizable(if that matters) since there are only like 5 in my town LOL! and plus...its less surface area to wash!

Brettnyt
06-16-2003, 11:30 PM
Yeah man! Def go with the EP.... You will love it!

ATRIOT
06-17-2003, 01:56 PM
May the Honda Gods strike down anyone who dares to graft a armrest on our beautiful seats! Come on guys, there sports seats, your not supposed to have a armrest. putting one on yourself would be sacreligous. :mad:

BlackNRedSi
06-17-2003, 06:47 PM
what car has 127horses? the si?

anywho, yea man if your younger get the si...its fun to drive...the accord is nice tho...

IceD out N CALI
06-17-2003, 06:51 PM
get which ever one u like more:p

Lt_Si
06-17-2003, 09:25 PM
BlackNRedSi,
I think that he was talking about the Civic EX coupe, as he mentioned something about a 'base Civic'. That one has 127hp. I hope that he doesn't confuse that one with the Si and accidentally buy it. Although, the EX is not even the base Civic. It is a step above the DX and LX, which both have the 115hp engine. The Canadian Ep has the same 160hp as ours does, doesn't it? I was a bit confused as he mentioned the 'base civic' and the Si in the same sentence. Could you clarify that one for us, dilleyoshemp?

Armrests are definitely overrated, I think. I've done several long-distance trips in my Si and never even thought about an armrest the whole time. Some guy asked about an aftermarket armrest for the Ep on the Temple of Vtec forum. Someone suggested checking out www.useyourlap.com. I thought that was pretty funny, but the other guy didn't.

Rob

ep pilot
06-18-2003, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Lt_Si
BlackNRedSi,
I think that he was talking about the Civic EX coupe, as he mentioned something about a 'base Civic'. That one has 127hp. I hope that he doesn't confuse that one with the Si and accidentally buy it. Although, the EX is not even the base Civic. It is a step above the DX and LX, which both have the 115hp engine. The Canadian Ep has the same 160hp as ours does, doesn't it? I was a bit confused as he mentioned the 'base civic' and the Si in the same sentence. Could you clarify that one for us, dilleyoshemp?

Armrests are definitely overrated, I think. I've done several long-distance trips in my Si and never even thought about an armrest the whole time. Some guy asked about an aftermarket armrest for the Ep on the Temple of Vtec forum. Someone suggested checking out www.useyourlap.com. I thought that was pretty funny, but the other guy didn't.

Rob

Seriously I believe he does mean that in Canada there is a Coupe model SI but I believe it's the same as our EX.

The only reason I believe this is because I saw a 6th generation Civic driven by an older woman in California. It had Ontario plates was forest green in color all stock & had DRL's and a chrome SI badge on the back. It then dawned on me it must have been a Canada only option, I was speelbound to see the car actually, I think it was a '96 model as it didn't have the freashend later model front facia and tails.

I bet he is talking about the same car just as a 7th gen coupe?

-Ryan

SiR Medic
06-18-2003, 07:23 AM
Just to clarify:

In Canada, the SiR is the same as the US Si. The Civic Si is the same as the US Civic EX.

My advice for dilleyoshemp, test drive them both. The Accord has a more luxurious interior and in my opinion looks absolutely gorgeous in a 2-door.

I was contemplating getting a 2 door Accord over the Si but for the same price I would have to get the base model, with drum brakes in the back, crappy wheels and plastic steering wheel.

The Si(R) makes the same power, in a lighter car, with more toys, has MORE rear headroom, and can carry more stuff. The EP also stands out a little more, since they are a lot less of them around. Don't forget the EP has a lot more aftermarket goodies!

BlackNRedSi
06-18-2003, 07:28 AM
ok so now i am UNlost, thanks everyone...so yeah if your going to either get the Accord or the Canaadian Si (US EX) get the Accord...OR look @ the SiR :)

Yikes! :)

Eric

dilleyoshemp
06-18-2003, 11:32 AM
yes thank you for clearin that up SiR Medic ;)

I was debating wether i shud get a

Civic Sir - Same a US Si (160hp) EP ;) :)
or
A base accord cuz the go for the same price

and the Civic Si we have is the EX you guys have i guess, its a coupe wit a 1.7L 127hp I4

In canada we have the following models...

DX(115hp) LX(115hp) SI(127hp) SIR(160hp)

i decided not to go wit the SI since they are slow as hell, i eat them in my sable :angel: :p

actually my sables pretty fast, lotsa ppl make fun of it doe :'( tell me i drive a grampa car, i personally love the way the back looks, daul exhaust etc, the fronts kinda ulgy, i wanted to do a swap to an SHO front end but cant find ne SHO's yet, i actually have beaten:

*a midly modded mid 90's golf(forget)
*acura MDX (3-4cars)
*pontiac grand prix gt (2-3 cars)
*toyota 4runner 2001 5spd (5 bus lengths lol)
*neon r/t (uphill i think its about a 2 mile long hill, pretty steep)
*2003 4runner V8 (dead even but i have 3 frens in the car)
*frens 1990 civic si with a 1993 integra gs or rs engine swap wit intake headers and exhaust (5-6 cars)
*frens sunfire gt 5spd (5 cars at least)
*2 civic si's one auto one 5sp (US version = EX coupe)
*just today i beat a mid 90's? civic 2 door, dunno what model but he had exhaust intake and who know what more
* my frens integra GSR, i had 2 ppl in the car he had one gurl, i had a car on him till 135km/h then he passed me thats bout 80, then he flew by like a bat from hell, it went on from a roll :)

ya lol so ne ways my sables weird its faster the on specs, i can crip my wheels doin 40km/h on dry roads, onli didnt once when i shifted from D2 to D or something kinda weird, and i dunno its just fast end of second gear is at 115km/h which is kinda high lol and it revs to 6300rpm, but ne ways its time to let her go, the transmitions becomin jerky and shes gettin old, shes been babied but dam fords
:'(
i found her to be very reliable not one single problem and she has almost 80,000km, runs like new

wow long post ne ways laters all

Surprise
06-18-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by dilleyoshemp
i decided not to go wit the SI since they are slow as hell, i eat them in my sable :angel: :p

I am confused now, are you talking about the US Si or the Canadian Si?

dilleyoshemp
06-18-2003, 11:48 AM
the canadian si (127hp) version