PDA

View Full Version : one thing thats really annoying is....

ness
08-17-2002, 10:31 PM
the shift knob. why is it up so high? i know my arm would be hella tired.

i think we need to see an arm rest for this. its so annoying! so annoying i dont want the new Si cuz of this~

Febrezee
08-17-2002, 10:32 PM
I got used to it in about 2 millisecs..

efcee
08-17-2002, 10:42 PM
i havnt actually used it but ive sat in an si and it is 100% comfortable to me and i have some sort of wrist disorder possibly carpal tunnel but i havent gone to doc yet i just got a brace and its helping

too much cs i guess
i think the shift nob is great feeling

DJQuikFingaz
08-17-2002, 10:54 PM

i think we need to see an arm rest for this. its so annoying! so annoying i dont want the new Si cuz of this~

Oh God, please shutup.

HondaMan
08-17-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by DJQuikFingaz

Oh God, please shutup.

LOL, I 2nd that! He/She obviously doesn't have clue what they are talking about...bonehead.

civic hatch boi
08-18-2002, 12:07 AM
ness, before you make such a idiotic comment, drive the car first.
1) rally shifter is more comfy
2) quicker shifts
3) more accurate shifts
4) arm-rests get in the way when racing

overall, the shifter is the BEST. it is NOT too high, it is perfect.

ness
08-18-2002, 02:12 AM
wtf why am i a bonehead now? what if its just uncomfortable for me? remember kids this is opinions. please dont go ape crazy about one comment i made.

"oh shut up"

lol, sad really.

10 Pence Short
08-18-2002, 03:17 AM
Ness, the gearshift is not an armrest- it's there to reach to when you want to change gear. Do your arms get tired holding the steering wheel?

Maybe you should do some weight training, like lifting a couple of envelopes twice a night or something?

You're the first person I've ever heard comlaining about the position of the change.

iR-VTEC2
08-18-2002, 03:58 AM
yeah....never rest your hand on the shifter. Thats not good. Causes problems

SBC31
08-18-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by ness
When you say your arm would get really tired, what exactly do you mean. Do you not have a 02 Si (SiR)???

BTW, it's the best spot for a shifter and I have driven over 30 cars with a manual tranny. And my arm never get's tired, since I just shift then put my hand on the steering wheel and what not.

BoricuaSi
08-18-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by 10 Pence Short
Ness, the gearshift is not an armrest- it's there to reach to when you want to change gear. Do your arms get tired holding the steering wheel?

Maybe you should do some weight training, like lifting a couple of envelopes twice a night or something?

You're the first person I've ever heard comlaining about the position of the change.

THANK YOU! To begin with, it's a bad habit to drive with Your hand on the shifter, You're supposed to have both arms on the steering wheel (for obvious safety reasons). Ever wonder why it only comes in a stick and has lateral supporting seats? well..This is a drivers car and If you don't know how to drive then You shouldn't have one.

punkdork
08-18-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by 10 Pence Short
Ness, the gearshift is not an armrest- it's there to reach to when you want to change gear.

AMEN!!!

02TafWhtSi
08-18-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by iR-VTEC2
yeah....never rest your hand on the shifter. Thats not good. Causes problems

I take offense to this. I frequently rest me hand on the shifter - especially in traffic. If you know you will be changing gears very frquently it helps to just keep it there. For highway driving both of my hands are on the wheel though.

Gibhunter
08-18-2002, 08:22 PM
Ouch, you guys are cruel.:eek: I do not own the Si, but for what it's worth I really like the shifter. I didn't like it from the pictures, but once I tried it I changed my mind.

punkdork
08-18-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi

I take offense to this. I frequently rest me hand on the shifter - especially in traffic. If you know you will be changing gears very frquently it helps to just keep it there. For highway driving both of my hands are on the wheel though.

Its not even about driving style. It causes wear and tear on the shift linkage and what not.

CgSi
08-19-2002, 01:20 AM
http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/GAY/jumpingbean.gif

02TafWhtSi
08-19-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by punkdork
Its not even about driving style. It causes wear and tear on the shift linkage and what not.

You can't be serious - how is my hand resting on the shifter going to cause "wear and tear"?! There is maybe only 5 to 10 pounds of weight from my hand/wrist at any given moment. I feel NO vibrations and hear NO stange noises as if I am causing damage. I should add I try to limit this action to 4th and 2nd gears as 3rd and 1st tend to give me noticeable vibration. For 4th and 2nd the shifter is at the lowest gate of the pattern and is sitting on metal - ther is no stress whatsoever on the linkage in these gears.