PDA

View Full Version : Why don't I own an EP anymore?

Tekdemon
06-17-2003, 02:41 PM
Two words: Total loss :'(
The insurance guy came and did all his calculations and looked here and there, and apparently found a lot more damage than you'd initially think. The entire rear was pretty messed up because of the sheer force of the impact from the pickup behind me if you actually looked carefully at the car.

And so, after some tallying the damage came out to an obscene number. Bah...so no more EP for me.

They're going to come get it from me soon...so I guess this is the end of my EP journey. :( I'm gonna miss my car!

I think I'm gonna go spend some time with it later just looking at it. For old times sake. And take lots of lots of lots of lots of pictures. LOTS! So many pictures it'll boggle the mind =P

BSEVEER
06-17-2003, 02:46 PM
You are not going to get another one? What are you going to get?

STP03BlueSI
06-17-2003, 03:01 PM
damn sorry to hear that...ye y arnt u gettin another one?

Will2K2
06-17-2003, 03:24 PM
Once you have a really bad thing happen like that (in this case with a car) you tend not to want to have that thing again.

Its called "Association" , and I can see why , after wrecking an EP that you would want to start over with something fresh and New

Something that you won't "Associate" with your old wrecked EP

W

mrfixit687
06-17-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Will2K2
Once you have a really bad thing happen like that (in this case with a car) you tend not to want to have that thing again.

Its called "Association" , and I can see why , after wrecking an EP that you would want to start over with something fresh and New

Something that you won't "Associate" with your old wrecked EP

W

oh shet, will2k2 busting out the psychology :D

SubliminalSi
06-17-2003, 03:54 PM
So im gussing your getting an S2000 or EVO now like everyone else that totals thier ep?:D

IceD out N CALI
06-17-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by SubliminalSi
So im gussing your getting an S2000 or EVO now like everyone else that totals thier ep?:D

hehe i know

BlackNRedSi
06-17-2003, 06:26 PM
if my EP was wrecked ide get a EVO too...shiiiit cant knock the EVO or the S-

what happened here? i didnt hear about this accedent

Tekdemon
06-17-2003, 06:58 PM
Well I didn't make a thread about the accident but I did mention it in a buncha threads. I was hoping it wouldn't be too big of a deal but...

I would even get another EP except my parents want me to get something else...I guess they have bad associations with it. Personally I love the car :'( and it pains me to see it in such craptacular shape. I'm gonna go take a gazillion photos of it tommorrow to remember it by. It protected me very well during the crash, hugging me very very tightly-well except for my knee apparently. But overall, I feel that a knee injury is pretty good considering the accident. I just wish they could get a safe way to have the airbag on the passenger side check for a passenger! I think all the airbag systems out there just pop the passenger airbag if the passenger belt isn't in, even if there IS NO PASSENGER! Just kind of wasteful(plus it's somewhat nerve wracking to have an airbag blow on you, spewing that white cloud everywhere).

Right now financially I'm not able to buy an EVO, or S2000. However, I think I'm definitely gonna go test drive an EVO hehe, since Mitsubish says they'll pay you $100 if you test drive one of their cars and buy one of their competitors(although maybe I'll test drive something else too, since I doubt I can afford any of the cars considered the EVO's competitors). The first thing the payoff is gonna go to is the loan I have on the car(well duh since they're the lien holder). After that, whatever's left is going to go cover my deductible for the car and the medical bills, and then whatever's left(which should still be quite a bit, since I only still owe very little on the car) can go towards my shiny new(or used) car.

Hmm...come to think of it, I probably *can* buy a used S2000...but unfortunately I need something practical =( DAMN PRACTICALITY!

IceD out N CALI
06-17-2003, 07:00 PM
good luck, let us know what you end up getting:)

Tekdemon
06-17-2003, 07:10 PM
I definitely will...although there's an unfortunately high chance it might be something pretty sucky...like a used Chevy Malibu or something(although hopefully not *that* sucky =P)

P.S. I was looking around ebay motor listings, and saw a pic of the WRX STi with the HUGE rear spoiler. Am I the only one who thinks that spoiler looks completely wack?! It makes the car look so weird...

IceD out N CALI
06-17-2003, 07:11 PM
hey I agree with you on the spoiler

foilpan
06-17-2003, 07:18 PM
good luck with recovery and the car hunt. and stick around these forums, of course, good neighbor. :)

ep pilot
06-18-2003, 02:42 AM
Entirely in contrast, but I think If my Ep was a total, I would go buy a new 2003 Dodge Cummins Diesel 3500 quad cab, but thats just me....

-Ryan

andy
06-18-2003, 05:15 AM
That Mitsu deal does not include the EVO. The STi guys have
tried that already. ;)
But if you go test drive, say, a galant, that'll work.

You might want to look at the Mazdaspeed Protege - limited
numbers of production (similar to Si, sort of), stock turbo,
handles like it is on rails, and the one I've seen in person was
just plain sick. Racing Hart wheels, a stock CD player that
disappears, just a bunch of goodies.

BlackNRedSi
06-18-2003, 06:33 AM
well i am really sorry to hear your EP is no longer....

All i can say is oh well, cars are meant to die in situations like that...@ least she kept you alive thats the most important part, your still here...that we arent reading about you in the Daily Times 'A Local EP owner dies in car wreck'!

Well good luck on your search for a new ride, why dont u look into getting maybe a older Honda Civic, i saw this sick one on ebay...i will find it and PM it to you!

C-Ya...Stay in touch with us on EPHATCH.COM!

Eric

Tekdemon
06-18-2003, 11:40 AM
thanks for all the support =) That's why I love EPhatch.com

I'll probably still drop by to see how everybody's rides are improving...can't wait to see more people with the JRSC and stuff...

Although a thought just struck me...I think I can almost afford the SRT-4! On the other hand I get the feeling those insurance rates would be FAR worse than the EP's...

But still...SRT-4.......

Hmm I checked ebay and an SRT-4 can be had there new for MSRP...so I'm pretty sure running around to all the Dodge dealers offering them MSRP would get me one =P

On the other hand that's still a little rich for me...but a USED SRT-4 can be had for around $17000 with about 3000 miles...which is just about how much I should be able to come up with for my next car...hehehe...0-60 in under 6 seconds....hehehe....hehehehe....hehehehehe....... ..hehehehehehehehehe....too bad my parents are totally not going to go for that lol...but I suppose a lot of nagging could buckle them.

*puts on flame suit for barrage of SRT hate*

IceD out N CALI
06-18-2003, 12:26 PM
i know the srt4 sounds good on paper cuz of the speed and all but wait, they might end up being unreliable problem plagued cars. they're comming out for 2004 so hang on and see what happens with the 2003 owners

BarracksSi
06-18-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Tekdemon
*puts on flame suit for barrage of SRT hate*

*FLAME*SRT HATE*FLAME FLAME* DIE DODGE DIE* FLAME* RAM THIS NEEEE-YAWN *FLAME*

(waits to listen for cries of pain....)

Dadgummit, that flame suit works...

j/k... ;)

Have fun looking for another ride!

SmoothOperator
06-18-2003, 06:30 PM
I'm curious to know how the EP got totalled? Good thing, everyone on this site that's crashed, has managed to walk away. Thank god!

IceD out N CALI
06-18-2003, 06:36 PM
i know huh. i guess the ep gets totaled pretty easily

Tekdemon
06-22-2003, 08:31 PM
I thought it over, and I actually wouldn't want to buy another EP. It would be kind of like having a beloved dog die and going out to buy another one of the same type...it just doesn't make you feel any better.

As for what happened, I'll just say that even though the Civic has great safety features, it still gets damaged badly when involved in a 4 vehicle accident where a pickup rear ends you and shoves you into the car in front, which had already hit a van. Bad sandwich type situation because behind the Civic you have a heavy pickup, and in front you have 2 vehicles already locked together, one of which is a heavy ass van. Put that together...

Well, that's why it's totaled =( *sigh*

l33t
06-22-2003, 09:14 PM
get a gti 1.8t, apr stage 3 with nitrous, fucking crazyness

!@#$%
06-22-2003, 11:38 PM
id get an rsx-s. Still have the refinement of the k series engine, yet not quite the same as an EP.

chubbychu
06-23-2003, 12:21 AM
just get an SRT-4...itll be a nice change and you DEFINITELY WONT ASSOCIATE it with the ep. lol.

Or if you have a lot of $$ go for a is300, or old supra, if you need something newer i would say STi or wait a couple more months/years and see what honda comes out with...

todaCspec
06-23-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Tekdemon
As for what happened, I'll just say that even though the Civic has great safety features, it still gets damaged badly when involved in a 4 vehicle accident where a pickup rear ends you and shoves you into the car in front, which had already hit a van. Bad sandwich type situation because behind the Civic you have a heavy pickup, and in front you have 2 vehicles already locked together, one of which is a heavy ass van. Put that together...

Well, that's why it's totaled =( *sigh*

Even though you got rear ended, the fact that you ended up hitting the two cars in front of you, you're still at fault right?

You can always purchase extended warranty on the SRT-4, plus by then you'll probably want something else.

wishihadagtr
06-23-2003, 12:23 PM
hey TEK, why dont you tell us your $$$ limit so we can limit and throw choices at you.

why dont you get a used civic hatch and take a $2K loan for a b18c5...its cheap AND reliable.

or if a new car is a must, 03 specVs(yeah yeah, i know you hate 'em) go for UNDER $17k i hear.

:D

Impact23
06-23-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by l33t
get a gti 1.8t, apr stage 3 with nitrous, fucking crazyness

Overrated... and you'll have other BS breaking on the car that shouldnt be. I own one right now and cant even give the thing away. They are VERY unreliable and have a ton of mechanical issues that come up that NEVER came up in any of my Hondas. :( I know many people will say it has to do with the mods but I am talking about other issues like window regulators, and headliners, and just cheap panels coming off. They are fun to drive but I would NEVER buy another VW again. In fact I am looking to come back to Honda with buying an EP and going F/I or going with SRT-4 and trying my luck with a beefed up factory setup like I did last time.

DjMacAtack
06-23-2003, 08:40 PM
too bad the mitsubishi deals are excludint the evolution... read the fine print:(

NBP_03Si
06-23-2003, 11:45 PM
sorry about that...

now you should look a bit higher cars a type-S, sti, EVO, +++ GOOD LUCK

Tekdemon
06-24-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by todaCspec

Even though you got rear ended, the fact that you ended up hitting the two cars in front of you, you're still at fault right?

You can always purchase extended warranty on the SRT-4, plus by then you'll probably want something else.
I only hit the car in front of me after getting rear ended, I think I'd be dead if my car hit both of them!

*sees playback of accident but in this version the EP crashes through the car in front of it and into the minivan with the pickup pushing it*

Yeah I think I'd be dead =P

Anyway, I don't really know how they figure out the fault stuff in New York. I don't think it'd be fair if they blamed the car in front's damage on me, since it hit the minivan by itself first, well before I was *shoved* into it. But then again it's a battle between the insurance companies at this point. Hopefully mine knows to fight for me and get the guy behind me's insurance to pay me the hell back for ALL my damage so my premiums don't skyrocket.

As for what amount of money I can spend on the new car, I can't get anything much more expensive, especially since my insurance is probably gonna go up.

I was thinking hopefully under $20K including taxes and everything. So that means the car itself would be like $18K. Optimally I want the car to be $15K, new, have more horses than the Civic, be just as reliable, and have more luxuries too! Of course that's in fantasy land.

Realistically I'm thinking a high mileage used WRX(2002), but I've heard a lot about transmission problems, and the high mileage part probably doesn't help so I dunno what else I could afford.