PDA

View Full Version : Hasport EP & Jackson Racing Blown/Boost News

HondaMan
06-17-2003, 07:11 PM
Well, this may all be old news by now but here it goes:
http://www.hasport.com/News/Projects/2002%20Civic.htm

Honda Tuning Mag July '03 issue features an EP3 & DC5 with Jackson Racing Supercharger:
http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/

02SilverSiHB
06-17-2003, 07:41 PM
I've seen some news about all that a few weeks ago. For some strange reason I got an email from JR, they sent me some news on this:
Utilizing the latest transplant-mounting system from Hasport Performance, this Civic Si was fitted with 2.4-liter K24 block and RSX Type-S cylinder head. Combined with the new Gen IV JR supercharger (barely puffing at 8psi), a whopping 325 brake horsepower was cranked out of the 4-cylinder mill. All without intercooling or race gas! Car & Driver measured a 0-60 of 6.02 seconds, a damn fast time considering that this beast was spinning the tires through 3rd gear!
Oscar Jackson's superior tuning knowledge coupled with Hondata's awesome programming capabilities have produced one of the most powerful JR Supercharger systems to date. Keep an eye out for this car - many more modifications are planned, including bumping up both the compression and boost for an engine package capable of producing 400 crank horsepower! The good news is that this is not a one-off project car: all of the technology and parts used to create this animal will be available for purchase, and Jackson Racing will be there to tell you how to do it!

Handling and suspension are taken care of by the good folks at The Progress Group. The Si is suspended with a set of their competition coil-overs and anti-roll bars. 17x7 wheels from 5Zigen and Yokohama 215/45ZR17 AVS Sports ensure as much grip possible. The overall package is completed by a Fiber Images hood and a European Type-R body kit.

They also have a focus hitting 282 bhp and 235 lb-ft of torque. Car & Driver measured a 0-60 time of 5.84 seconds. A full two second improvement over stock.

A lot better than the Si they are working with:

Race Dyno (http://www.maildogmanager.com/link.html?url=8&client=jacksonracing&campaign=2&email=MHILL1@SATX.RR.COM)

Street Dyno (http://www.maildogmanager.com/link.html?url=9&client=jacksonracing&campaign=2&email=MHILL1@SATX.RR.COM) They said it will be out in August

HondaMan
06-17-2003, 07:47 PM
Yep, I got the same email from JR today....thus prompting me to start this thread. :)

chunky
06-17-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
I've seen some news about all that a few weeks ago. For some strange reason I got an email from JR, they sent me some news on this:
Utilizing the latest transplant-mounting system from Hasport Performance, this Civic Si was fitted with 2.4-liter K24 block and RSX Type-S cylinder head. Combined with the new Gen IV JR supercharger (barely puffing at 8psi), a whopping 325 brake horsepower was cranked out of the 4-cylinder mill. All without intercooling or race gas! Car & Driver measured a 0-60 of 6.02 seconds, a damn fast time considering that this beast was spinning the tires through 3rd gear!
Oscar Jackson's superior tuning knowledge coupled with Hondata's awesome programming capabilities have produced one of the most powerful JR Supercharger systems to date. Keep an eye out for this car - many more modifications are planned, including bumping up both the compression and boost for an engine package capable of producing 400 crank horsepower! The good news is that this is not a one-off project car: all of the technology and parts used to create this animal will be available for purchase, and Jackson Racing will be there to tell you how to do it!

Handling and suspension are taken care of by the good folks at The Progress Group. The Si is suspended with a set of their competition coil-overs and anti-roll bars. 17x7 wheels from 5Zigen and Yokohama 215/45ZR17 AVS Sports ensure as much grip possible. The overall package is completed by a Fiber Images hood and a European Type-R body kit.

They also have a focus hitting 282 bhp and 235 lb-ft of torque. Car & Driver measured a 0-60 time of 5.84 seconds. A full two second improvement over stock.

A lot better than the Si they are working with:

Race Dyno (http://www.maildogmanager.com/link.html?url=8&client=jacksonracing&campaign=2&email=MHILL1@SATX.RR.COM)

Street Dyno (http://www.maildogmanager.com/link.html?url=9&client=jacksonracing&campaign=2&email=MHILL1@SATX.RR.COM) They said it will be out in August

wow. 320 hp at the crank? i wonder how that gets dropped to 270 at the wheels. . . I'd bet money that it was done on a dynojet. with a dynapack, you'd see a more accurate figure.

but damn. that's some INSANE power for only 8psi non intercooled. Whoever drove that thing for the 0-60 needs to get a handle on his throttle foot. you can't slam gears on a FWD with that much torque, you'll loose all your power to wheelspin.

02SilverSiHB
06-17-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by chunky

wow. 320 hp at the crank? i wonder how that gets dropped to 270 at the wheels. . . I'd bet money that it was done on a dynojet. with a dynapack, you'd see a more accurate figure.

but damn. that's some INSANE power for only 8psi non intercooled. Whoever drove that thing for the 0-60 needs to get a handle on his throttle foot. you can't slam gears on a FWD with that much torque, you'll loose all your power to wheelspin.
yeah, you're right about the 0-60 times. I wouldn't go over 8psi unless they make an intercooler for that thing, but I know they can't and won't.

FailureToStop
06-17-2003, 08:51 PM
Hell I am more interested in:

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
Handling and suspension are taken care of by the good folks at The Progress Group. The Si is suspended with a set of their competition coil-overs and anti-roll bars.

Is the Progress coilovers out? How much?

02SilverSiHB
06-19-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by FailureToStop
Hell I am more interested in:

Is the Progress coilovers out? How much?
they probably gave it to JR for advertisement reasons, I'm sure it will be out soon, if it isn't already

brian g
06-21-2003, 04:42 PM
The Focus out accelerated the Si becuase the Focus was considerably lighter. I don't have the exact figures, but the Civic weighed a little more than stock. The Focus was pretty stripped down, not much of a street car.

Oh yeah, we plan on going to about 12lbs of boost and an 11.0:1 compression ratio engine.

brian g