PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket fuel management system?

hypnoj
06-18-2003, 06:00 AM
Does anyone know much about these? I've seen them for sale and the say that I can flick a switch and crank up the amount of fuel going into the engine for a 10 to 15 hp gain. Any advice on the purchase? The prices are cheap (less than $100). Let me know.

nighthawk rider
06-18-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by hypnoj
Does anyone know much about these? I've seen them for sale and the say that I can flick a switch and crank up the amount of fuel going into the engine for a 10 to 15 hp gain. Any advice on the purchase? The prices are cheap (less than $100). Let me know.

its unbelieveable for less then 100 bucks can gain up to 15 hp. if so then no body would like to invest so much on I/H/E or Hondata, right? :p

c0mf0rt
06-18-2003, 06:56 AM
It looks homemade man... I wouldn't even bother.... plus I've got a $300 SAFC and it only gives you if your VERY lucky maybe 5 horse.... Just some advice...

BlasTech
06-18-2003, 07:35 AM
My guess is its a resistor (with a switch) on the intake temp sensor, that tricks the ECU into thinking the air is cooler than it actually is...thus more fuel goes in...getting some more boom for less mpg, but risking detonation.

Without a detonation-sensing and preventing measure, there is more risk with more gain. That's why hondata reaches a certain point and stops when tuning the air/fuel ratio.

Something like that can be home-made for a few bucks.

nighthawk rider
06-18-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by c0mf0rt
It looks homemade man... I wouldn't even bother.... plus I've got a $300 SAFC and it only gives you if your VERY lucky maybe 5 horse.... Just some advice...

i've read an article about setting up the S-AFC is more tricly on the new K20A engine, is that true?

CSMsi311
06-18-2003, 01:30 PM
you can't just add fuel and expect more power.

power comes from air and fuel being burned together. if you only increase the amount of fuel you are not going to get any better performance.

If only it was as simple as adding more fuel to get more power.;)

hypnoj
06-19-2003, 08:25 AM
Since more fuel doesn't equal more power, are you trying to say that more than likely this mod doesn't do that? Or it does and I shouldn't get it because it won't work. I agree that more fuel doesn't always equal more power, but different ratios are messed with all the time in order to pull more power. Our cars are primed for fuel efficiency and no doubt the gas to oxygen ratio is low.

CSMsi311
06-19-2003, 03:23 PM
I'm positive that this will not work. The amount of fuel injectioned into the engine is based off several parameters (throttle position, engine load, rpm, IAT...)

You can't just try and trick the computer into adding more fuel only based on 1 or 2 of these parameters.

Spend the extra money and do it right with at least a SAFC, but don't expect 10-15 hp on a N/A engine, just by optimizing the A/F ratio.

BlasTech
06-19-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by CSMsi311
I'm positive that this will not work. The amount of fuel injectioned into the engine is based off several parameters (throttle position, engine load, rpm, IAT...)

You can't just try and trick the computer into adding more fuel only based on 1 or 2 of these parameters.

Spend the extra money and do it right with at least a SAFC, but don't expect 10-15 hp on a N/A engine, just by optimizing the A/F ratio.

Agreed.

hypnoj
06-20-2003, 11:07 AM
Cool, thanks for all the good input. I emailed the guys who makes 'em and if I find anything else out I'll let ya know.
hypnoj