PDA

View Full Version : Might get rid of the ep3.

02SiHB
06-18-2003, 10:57 AM
I'm kinda sick of my ep... It's everything that I thought it wasn't. After 10k miles.. Shifting is getting annoying... The interior isn't comfortable.. Too many people ride in my car to try and keep the interior nice... I dont feel like going through another long PA winter in it... For some reason has terrible gas milage. (Yes I'd do maintenece religiously).... and i'm tired of hearing how great the -series will be.. It's been a year already and I dont see much of an aftermarket... (Well there is an aftermarket, but you have to admit its kinda weak)

On a positive note, this honda has held up better than the previous 3 I've had.. no little nick-knacks going wrong..

I don't know what I want, or how much I'll get for the car... But I do know I'm kinda getting tired of Little Miss Si.

NO disrespect, it was love at first site, first time I rode her, she satisfied me..... But it's kinda like when you get married, you think its the start of a great journey... but 6 months after the honeymoon.. Little shit starts to bother ya.

I owe 15 on the car... there is a 2001 Celica GTS for sale for 16 at honda... Hmmm wonder if we could werk somethin' out.
Any thoughts?

David K.
06-18-2003, 11:06 AM
Celica GTS is cool, but it's totally a top-end performer. I'm sure you knew that. One of the things I like about the ep is its torque compared to other compacts. Celica has a great cockpit, a real drivers car, but day to day I think its lack of useable power would frustrate. Of course it's all relative; if I was so worried about low-end power I'd have bought a Mustang or something.

black87regal
06-18-2003, 11:10 AM
you said in the other thread that a grand national was like your dream car. i say go for it, they have great power, the seats are confortable (after all its a buick) there pretty cheap, for what you can get out of you ep you can eather own a fully restored gn or a car that runs in the mid 10s-11s and even if say 6 months from now you get board with the car (trust me you wont braking the tires loose at 50 is a awsome feeling) you can always turn around and sell it for more then you payed for it.

downhil
06-18-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by 02SiHB

I owe 15 on the car... there is a 2001 Celica GTS for sale for 16 at honda... Hmmm wonder if we could werk somethin' out.
Any thoughts?

what are you planning on working out? going into debt for 30k on a celica?

good deal.

todaCspec
06-18-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by 02SiHB

Any thoughts?

They'll probably give you trade in for $13g and you pay the difference. Then again they might want to get rid of the Toyota and give you a better deal, doesn't hurt to ask.

Mugen_EP
06-18-2003, 12:21 PM
So let me get this straight. He wears his chicks pants to work for a day, (cutting off circulation to his balls) and proceeds to feel like a women and gets bitchy and whiney about his car.

Go home, lets your nuts swing in the wind & enjoy your car.:D

and for those of you who missed the story about the pants.

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15733

TrippZ
06-18-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
So let me get this straight. He wears his chicks pants to work for a day, (cutting off circulation to his balls) and proceeds to feel like a women and gets bitchy and whiney about his car.

lol so cruel....

IceD out N CALI
06-18-2003, 02:22 PM

hahaha

02SiHB
06-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by downhil

what are you planning on working out? going into debt for 30k on a celica?

good deal.

Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups... Don't assume dick wad.

I could pay off my ep right now if I felt like it.. But I'd rather pay it off over time since I got a bad ass deal on financing.. But you wouldn't know that would you.

I have enough credit to buy a $200,000 house, ass munch. So keep your fucking dumbass statements to yourself. [/e-thug off]

02SiHB
06-18-2003, 06:28 PM

Haha, maybe that's it dude. :)

SiR Medic
06-19-2003, 06:10 AM

LOL!

My advice to you... See how much aftermarket there is for the Celica motor after 2 years compared to the Si's 1. I can almost guarentee that the Celica isn't nearly as mod friendly.

Going further into debt to buy an older car makes absolutely no sense from a economic stand-point.

Yeah, the "honeymoon" period is over, but to me, that is when the Si's charm really starts to take over. What are the "little things" that are starting to bug you?

Papa Bear
06-19-2003, 06:47 AM
Sounds like you need a turbo to spice things up or maybe some new wheels etc. You need to get excited about your ride again man. I know you won't be too excited in a Celica when you see them everywhere you turn. Don't get me wrong, I like the Celica but I just see too many around these days...not many modded either and most are GT autos driven by middle aged women. This is my advice because I tend to go through vehicles very quickly due to bordom also. As far as the aftermarket goes, I don't know what is out there for the Celica, but the ep does have at least 3 turbo systems as well as the JRSC coming out, several choices in intakes/headers/ehaust, ecu flash, etc. I used to drive a Ford Probe GT which had virutually no aftermarket support so from my perspective there are a ton of options to choose from for the civic and I am blown away by the power that the K20A3 is producing with only 7.5lbs of boost. The only unanswered question is how well the engine can handle extended turbocharging. I am not a big fan of used sports cars either. I am very particular and am reassured knowing that I am the only one to have beaten on my car and I know the entire history of it as well. Just my two cents.

Steve02Si
06-19-2003, 06:56 AM
My girlfriend has a Celica GT. I used to love driving it until I got the Si. She just hit 17k and the interior is starting to creak and rattle. My Si is at 20k and it's still pretty tight. I used to think hers handled well, but now that I have the 16s and ES100s on mine hers feels vague. I've also driven a GTS and I wasnt impressed with the power. I'd do a K20A2 swap with a Hondata ECU and call it a day. You'd have low 14 sec. power in a better chassis.

Option B: do what I do and get a fast car to play with. I'm on my 5th DSM, this one a 91 Eclipse FWD turbo. They're cheap to buy and mod, easy to sell when you're done with em. ;)

02SiHB
06-19-2003, 09:13 AM
Little things.. Eh.. I dunno.. haha actually the seats are bugging me for once... Does anyone know where I could get some bitchin covers for them that actually fit?

People punch me in the head through the back of the headrest.
Lets see what else... My radio sounds like ASS now.. I mean granted I listen to everything loud as hell but damn.. It sounds like dookie when I crank it up.. I guess its time for the aftermarket.

I thought the hatch would give me a little more room. I'm surpised how many times I've had to use our mini-van to pick something up because the Si wouldn't suffice..

I love honda, but damn.. I guess the car isn't living up to my expectations.. I guess I'll just clean her up, get some seat covers, some good speakers, and just enjoy the ride. :cool:

Steve02Si
06-19-2003, 09:28 AM
Hey, I just noticed you're gonna be at the DSM meet at Nokamixon. I'm always up there. Look for a dark green 91 Eclipse FWD or a black 93 Talon with 5zigen titanium wheels. I might possibly have the EP, but not likely. Where are ya from? I'm down in Horsham.

Steve

BlackNRedSi
06-19-2003, 11:10 AM
ahh, yah kno i was thinkin the same thing man...it must be a PA thing! :)

just sitting there wondering...

Did i make the right choice by getting the SiEP???

after long thinking and looking @ other cars to buy in my price range (e.g. Rabbit20th, SRT-4, CelicaGT, going far into debt and buying a EVO-8) i still dont find any reason to...

Not sure about you, but the problem that i am having, and is being fixed this week is...i need a drop, newer set of rims, and cai and wings west kit... then im set and i KNOW i will still love my EP...

other thank that i have no prob with the EP...sure everyone and their mother that doesnt own one knocks it, but you know what i could care less...you know what made me happy yesterday?

i went to drive a SRT-4 up @ this dodge dealership...i took the SRT-4 out for a drive, when i came back...there were like 4-5 heads standing next to my EP just with their jaws dropped like they never saw anything like it before...and actually this one guy said he was going to go buy a honda, and gave the keys back to the lady tryin to sell him a NEON...it made me feel good to see that!

So if you no longer love your EP, i say go for it and get something else, but like everyone else says, maybe you just need some extra mods to make yourself happy...

eric

rgGolf4
06-19-2003, 11:40 AM
It sounds like your someone who will never be pleased with something. Not that its a bad thing.

But, if you get the Celica, just think what you'll be saying in 6 months...a year. The Si will hold its value for the next few years while you can at least put more equity on it and not have to pay 18k for a 2 year old Celica. (just doing a little fuzzy math)

Anyway, you may not be happy now, but is it really that bad. The only way I would get rid of my car is...end of lease, or if by some magical chance I win a crap load of money.

If you can afford to throw money away, kudos to you. But it would be illogical and pretty stupid economically to do so. At least get something new with a warranty. Besides, if you can afford a 200000 house, why not just get an S2000 or some other sports car. Or an EVO or STI or this or that. There will always be something bigger, faster, and better than what you have. Just do what makes you happy.

tony speed
06-19-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
i went to drive a SRT-4 up @ this dodge dealership...i took the SRT-4 out for a drive, when i came back...there were like 4-5 heads standing next to my EP just with their jaws dropped like they never saw anything like it before...and actually this one guy said he was going to go buy a honda, and gave the keys back to the lady tryin to sell him a NEON...it made me feel good to see that!

That's some good stuff. Sounds like a commercial. :) :D

02SiHB
06-19-2003, 05:35 PM
If you can afford to throw money away, kudos to you. But it would be illogical and pretty stupid economically to do so. At least get something new with a warranty. Besides, if you can afford a 200000 house, why not just get an S2000 or some other sports car. Or an EVO or STI or this or that. There will always be something bigger, faster, and better than what you have. Just do what makes you happy.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound stuck up.. I am a working class guy.. I put in my due time to earn the things I own. Many long nights @ work.

Anyways, I didn't get an s2k cause I didnt feel it was pratical, yknow?