PDA

View Full Version : bumper water guard

tony speed
06-18-2003, 02:16 PM
you know the long black rubber water guard that protrudes down from the front of the bumper? What exactly is it's purpose? Mine got pretty messed up and I want to know if it's worth getting a replacement from the big H.

SmoothOperator
06-18-2003, 02:27 PM
I think it has to do with deflecting air/water away from the underside of the car??? Shit I saw a video on TOV about this and I forget now.

David K.
06-18-2003, 07:04 PM
Mine got ripped off a while ago on a steep driveway. I have yet to replace it.

Suk02Si
06-18-2003, 11:28 PM
I have the JDM bumper and lip with that water guard, it looks very odd. I might have to remove it pretty soon.

chunky
06-18-2003, 11:47 PM
water gaurd?

dude, it's an underbody spoiler (aka front lip). it deflects air around the car to keep it from going under the car thereby reducing lift at speed.

Honda made it rubber so if you accidentally pull the nose of the car over a curb, it won't crack the bumper like it would when they used urethane front lips. The corvette has a similar under body deflector that is also made of rubber so that it can withstand running over shit.

I personally want to get a longer one, have that shit like an inch off the ground. it'll be rubber so if i run over something, it'll just bounce back. :)

tony speed
06-19-2003, 07:43 AM
oh well, i took of my "spoiler" this morning cause it was laying half on the ground. more lift for me