PDA

View Full Version : installing DC header???

Prophet
06-18-2003, 02:47 PM
First time posting, and i did a search but did not come up with what i wanted, anyway

For all of you who have a DC header installed, i was wondering how hard it was to install. Can it easly be done in a garage with some stands and jacks or does it need to be raised higher? I know it comes with instuctions, but how long does it take, and what are the major snags you ran into? Any pictures or feedback would greatly help. thanks

jerky
06-18-2003, 03:11 PM
the install is pretty easy. you just need a couple of jackstands. no snags really.

SinisterCivicSi
06-18-2003, 04:29 PM
i thought i read on this forum when i first joined about the header having a certian bolt that could be trouble in getting off? i remember something about someone saying they broke a bolt when trying to get it out.....does anyone remember that thread regarding the headers?

jerky
06-18-2003, 04:48 PM
if anything be very careful with the bolts and studs that bolt the header to the head. be very very careful with the head!

!@#$%
06-18-2003, 05:09 PM
that was me. I put on my header and one of the bolts were seized. Didn't slow me down any, still came right out. check my install over at kseries.com

SinisterCivicSi
06-18-2003, 05:24 PM
ok then i am not crazy, i thought i read something about that. lol