PDA

View Full Version : Guage swap possible?

Puffs
06-18-2003, 07:12 PM
If one was to do a K20A swap, would it also be possible to do a swap of the guage clusters from an RSX Type S so as to make the RPM shown accurate?

Or is it not possible because of the Odometer?

Or is it just too much freakin work...

Just curious.

Civicvtec1ps
06-18-2003, 08:01 PM
well totally difffernt size gauge cluster. and it will involved with alot of wiring issues.. not worth it.
just get tach that goes up to 10000rpm. (small ones.. not huge as rice tach)

Mugen_EP
06-19-2003, 08:19 AM
OK, so why not just swap in a JDM CTR cluster. Its a direct swap and you can get the higher redline tach also.

Puffs
06-19-2003, 09:55 AM
I guess I could do that and then replace the middle dial with the stock face so as not to have to drive and do Km/H conversions on the fly.

Heh...

2k2_nbp_egg
06-20-2003, 03:29 PM
I think it's all one piece man :( I too really love those gauges, racing style needles, light up red, and the best part is the steering wheel doesn't obstruct the view of the speedo. That's the main reason why I'd want them, but if they are that much of a pain in the ass then the CTR ones would be the best....they are available in MPH somewhere, I remember seeing it on ebay.

As for wiring, if I remember correctly from what modern perf was saying you don't have to get anything in the ecu converted or whatever because of the higher redline, its the resistances in the wiring for the gauges that should read out mph/rpm accurately.

fsugatorbait
06-21-2003, 05:27 PM
how would the odometer be accurate if you swapped out the cluster? Where is that data stored?