PDA

View Full Version : how long should I wait to install camber kit?

trabadoo22
06-18-2003, 11:21 PM
I plan on dropping my car 1-1.5" within the next couple weeks. I'm hoping I don't need a camber kit, but if I do how long can I wait to install one? Thanks.

Civicvtec1ps
06-19-2003, 07:05 AM
let spring settle for 1 day . or just drive around.
get alignment done . then you can install camber kit.

trabadoo22
06-19-2003, 12:32 PM
Ok. Thanks.

02-sir
06-19-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
let spring settle for 1 day . or just drive around.
get alignment done . then you can install camber kit.

um, I hope you meant to say install the camber kit, THEN get the alignment.

02SilverSiHB
06-19-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by 02-sir

um, I hope you meant to say install the camber kit, THEN get the alignment.
he may be saying that if the guy gets the alignment done first, he'll see where his specs are at and can decide if he want's a camber kit. The rear will need it, but the front may not, mine did however.

trabadoo22
06-19-2003, 05:07 PM
This might be a stupid question, but if I did the alignment first then the camber kit, would I need to get another alignment after the camber kit is installed? Thanks.

02SilverSiHB
06-19-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by trabadoo22
This might be a stupid question, but if I did the alignment first then the camber kit, would I need to get another alignment after the camber kit is installed? Thanks.
okay here's how it's going to work. When you drop your car down about 1.5" you may need a camber kit for the front, but definitely the rear...if you want to be back to specs to prevent from premature tire wear.

So when you get your car lowered, then get aligned and see that the camber is off too much for you, you'll need the camber kit. When you install the camber kit, it will totally fudge pack your alignment and camber settings. Especially the rear. So you'll need a professional to align it back to specs. I advice installing the camber kit your self, it's easy as hell to do. You should do it just before heading to the shop for alignment, that way you are not driving around on bad settings.

For instance I installed my rear camber kit myself, thinking I didn't need the front, so I didn't do the front. I took the ingalls camber kit and adjusted it to the same length as the stock one as best I could. I was almost dead on for the settings, but it was still off and would wear my tires to hell...so needless to say I had it aligned.

The shop told me my front was off, so I had them install that...it cost me freakin 60 bucks...for two damn bolts, that I could install in 2 minutes.

Here's a pic of the before and after alignment specs of my car:
So in short, get the camber kit installed first before alignment...if you indend on installing a camber kit. By the way, my drop was about 2.3" at the time, I have since then raised my car up and plan to go again for an alignment, which might be free...1 year warranty

02-sir
06-20-2003, 05:15 AM
02silverSiHB, you da man!

trabadoo22
06-20-2003, 11:23 AM
God damn, ha. Thanks I appreciate it.

02SilverSiHB
06-20-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by trabadoo22
God damn, ha. Thanks I appreciate it.
:D no problem