PDA

View Full Version : Volk Clones: These are not rice or bling are they?

YooShin
06-19-2003, 09:27 AM
Fellow EP brothers and sisters I require your assistance and expert opinions: What do you think about these wheels? They appear to be clones of Volk Racing GT-Cs. I've seen pics of them in gunmetal on a red 00 Civic Si and a Blue 350 Z. I'm looking for something a little more aggresive in style than my original choice of 5 Zigan Black Racing N1s or Gram lights. I love the volk rims but they're just hard to justify for the cost. Maybe if I had the 350Z or a S2000 but not sure on a EP. I'm open to any other suggested wheel, again I want something that still got that JDM look but more aggresive without blinging or ricing. By the way, I have a Vivid Blue EP so color of wheel does matter.
http://www.r1racingwheels.com/images/c_gtr_5r.gif

Makross
06-19-2003, 09:35 AM
r-1 makes good knockoffs of volks i like but you get what you paid for:angel:

2k2_nbp_egg
06-19-2003, 10:35 AM
Those look aite...what's the weight on em?

And as far as volk clones go...my friend has konig rated r's on his spec V and just as rims, they look pretty good. But every time I see those volks that his rims are copied on....what are they, the SE37s or TE37s?....I just make fun of him for getting the imposter heavy rims. Oh well, at least he has rims and I don't :(

Rueda del Queso
06-19-2003, 11:04 AM
If you can get those in silver or gunmetal they'd be pretty nice, but I think bronze is way too bling.

YooShin
06-23-2003, 11:21 AM
Yeh that so called bronze does look blingy. Gun metal would be the way to go on these. I know the Volks weigh about 16 lbs for the 17x7. I'm still waiting for a reply from R-1 Racing Sports and some of there vendors for the wieght on these. I'm starting to feel that I should just go ahead and save the money and get some Volks. I still like the old TE-37s and the CE28N. They really are timeless classics.