PDA

View Full Version : Just signed for my 03 SI!

SIbeau
06-19-2003, 01:47 PM
Well, I just returned from Bobby Rahal Honda in Carlisle where I signed for my 03 nighthawk black pearl civic si. To tell you the truth it was not my first choice of car...but it'll suffice. I'm a die hard volkswagen/audi fan, some people would say I'm so euro it would make you sick. The original plan was to trade in the 95 GTI for a new 03 GTI 1.8t, but they were just so darned expensive. I just happened to here from a friend that the civic si's were rotting on the lots and they were giving them away.
I did some checking into this and it was true, well around here anyway. I looked up the reviews online and seen none of them were good and the wierd shifter kinda put a sour taste in my mouth.
I decided to test drive one anyway and I really liked everything about it, it rode smooth, better suspension than a vw, and I actually thought that funky little gear shift was comfortable! Greg at Bobby Rahal Honda gave me a deal that beat the vw by $100 a month, lets just say they almost gave me the car for free.
I just wanted to thank everybody here, if it wasnt for this forum and all you guys raving about your cars I would've never even looked twice at a civic si...hell I would'nt of looked at a honda all together. Thanks again everyone, I'm sure you'll hear alot more from me.

gr8buddha
06-19-2003, 01:49 PM
congrats on the excellent purchase, you will definitely have a ton of fun with it

:D

andy
06-19-2003, 01:50 PM
Do you mind telling how much you paid for it (price of just
the car, or OTD #'s)? I'm gonna try and lowball a dealer
on one this weekend, hopefully.

Also, check out ssvr6's posts (or just PM him sometime). He
was/is a VW guy, and just put a turbo into his Si and is
getting 260+whp! Niiiice!

Civic_Sista
06-19-2003, 01:56 PM
I am also a VW fan. I used to have a 94 Jetta VR6! That was my baby. But now I am having fun buzzin around in my new (2002) Black Si!
Have fun!
Tracy

SIbeau
06-19-2003, 01:57 PM
$17,590 OTD. So that's about $1100 in tax and tags and $450 destination charge. So I bought the car itself for about $16,000 and they even ordering me a brand new one...so this wasnt a car that's been stuck on the lot.

2k3BlackSI
06-19-2003, 02:04 PM
They had literraly dropped them off the day I went in to buy one.. It still had the White paper wrapping the fenders and everything.. It had a total of 19 Miles on it, so I guess they drive'em around in England after they are made..

From what I understand the EP3 is the Only Honda that is purely manufactured in England.. Not that, that means anything but it's somewhat interesting.. I thought..

Great buy.. I put on 4500 Miles in 2 mos.. 1200 of that was a trip to Chicago from Minneapolis though.. Highway miles don't count!!!!

Good luck.. I haven't had any issues with mine outside of a rattling speaker which was easily corrected by moving some of the insulation foam around..

I also ended up getting mine at 1.9 % and for 16,200 with the Side Airbags..

Have fun!!!!!

SIbeau
06-19-2003, 02:04 PM
Oh, I forgot I wanted to post how I got this number since everyone else on this forum just seems to forget how they went about doing it. Below was my process.

1. Locate a dealership that has one on the lot. Preferrably one that has sat for a while. Then offer them $16,750.

2. Dealership #1 bites, ask them to fax a buyers order to you.

3. Goto dealership 2 with buyers order in hand and tell them you have the worlds greatest credit (or a co-signer that does) and you're looking to buy a car today. They'll of course have to beat dealership #1's price.

4. After dealership #2 gives you there offer (make sure you have that buyers order!) tell them you want to do a bit more looking and leave.

5. Go back to dealership #1 and repeat.

I actually had 3 local dealerships in an all out brawl for my business. I made out like a bandit with a great price, an extended warranty, and extra goodies tossed in! Good luck with the haggling.

RacingCivicSi02
06-19-2003, 02:07 PM
Welcome

EPHatchgirl
06-19-2003, 02:15 PM
Welcome to the site... I noticed you said you are very into Euro tuning... like was already said, the EP is made in England, and as I am sure you can tell, was tuned in a Euro style in many ways...

I think of it as what would happen if an Audi TT or a Golf and an RSX had a love child.:D

Suk02Si
06-19-2003, 03:14 PM
Congrats on the buy and welcome to the site.

golferjn
06-19-2003, 03:52 PM
congrats on the ep. welcome and hello

IceD out N CALI
06-19-2003, 03:53 PM
congrats on your new car:)

Makross
06-19-2003, 07:04 PM
nice choice of color congrats:cool: