PDA

View Full Version : When the honeymoon is over...

snubnose
06-19-2003, 02:55 PM
I have had my Si for over a year now and that brand new honeymoon period may be drawing to an end. Nonetheless, I feel I am now entering the richest part of owning the Honda Si.

After a year:

I don't have to sweat every slight mark and blemish . After all, it's not a brand new car anymore and because I love driving the Si, it will pick up signs of being well loved and well used. Sort of like a '62 Stratocaster. As long as it runs well, that's all that matters.

I can keep my black Honda clean and waxed, but it will not stay perfect. Now that the honeymoon is over, I've entered that time period during which I can relax and really enjoy the car.

beansbear
06-19-2003, 03:49 PM
isnt that funny how people will shell out big $$$ for a busted, dented, sweated on strat but not a car?
heheh

in about 4 years my civic will be a Honda "Relic" or perhaps a "Closet Classic"?

IceD out N CALI
06-19-2003, 03:51 PM
yup that initial honeymoon period is over for us owners who've had the ep for over a year. crazy thing is i'm no lease and only got 21 months left:o

BarracksSi
06-20-2003, 11:46 AM
What do you mean, the honeymoon is over? There was a honeymoon? ;)

It still looks as good to me in the morning now as it did nearly a year ago (wow, already?), we still haven't fought about anything, and my parents dig it.

I didn't know that the "new car sensation" was supposed to go away. I even wiped the rain off of mine, hoping to get off the road grime that it picked up on the freeway last night.

NamingException
06-20-2003, 08:36 PM
My car turned strictly into a means of transportation while it was cold and snowing outside. Now it's warm again and I'm back to babying it. The same thing will probably happen next winter. It's hard to be too into your car when it's covered in ice and salt and it's freezing cold outside.