PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Click

SoCaLep3
06-19-2003, 03:51 PM
i just got my car back from the dealrship clickless... they said it was because of the bushing or what not... just thought u guys liked to know;)

Suk02Si
06-19-2003, 04:27 PM
really? heh, I've always wondered what that click was:o

02CivicSI-VTEC
06-19-2003, 05:52 PM
they just replaced for you, just like that?? my stupid dealership said that if it cause any danger then they will fix it. If not then it is safe to drive as they qouted.

02SilverSiHB
06-19-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by SoCaLep3
i just got my car back from the dealrship clickless... they said it was because of the bushing or what not... just thought u guys liked to know;)
do you by chance have the receipt handy, usually it says exactly what bushing, etc. I'm going to have to take mine in for that problem.

SoCaLep3
06-19-2003, 10:10 PM
hmm... i just looked at the reciept and this is what it says...

"Adjusted pin that connects to pedal to master cylinder"

so i guess it wasnt that bushing??
-sorry for the mislead info guys... that was what the mechanic told me at first

klik
06-19-2003, 11:49 PM
im having this problem too. did they charge u anything?
let me know men.
thanks

sonic imperial
06-20-2003, 06:42 AM
They replaced my bushing too and it didn't fix the problem. I might mention this about the pin.

BlasTech
06-20-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by klik
let me know men.
thanks

sometimes mine makes a stretching croak noise when I clutch...like the cable is stretching or something, but not really a distinct CLICK.

02SilverSiHB
06-20-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by SoCaLep3
hmm... i just looked at the reciept and this is what it says...

"Adjusted pin that connects to pedal to master cylinder"

so i guess it wasnt that bushing??
-sorry for the mislead info guys... that was what the mechanic told me at first
thanks, I'll have to let them know.

SoCaLep3
06-20-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by klik
let me know men.
thanks

no charge... cus my cars still under warranty

SoCaLep3
06-20-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech

sometimes mine makes a stretching croak noise when I clutch...like the cable is stretching or something, but not really a distinct CLICK.

hmm... i think that it is tha same thing cus i guess it could be descirbed like that too. This sound would happen when i slightly touch the pedal and it would make that noise 2 times everytime.

klik
06-20-2003, 04:03 PM
thanks for the info men, ima go tomorrow for check up

SFla02si
06-20-2003, 07:12 PM
Just came back from Honda today, they said there is a service bulletin on the "creaking" clutch pedal.

I will quote this from my receipt:

"apply a thin film of silicone grease to the clutch line fitting at the clutch".

This is the second time I have brought my car in for this problem, the first time they only greased the clutch pedal, we'll see if this new fix works.

staticflo
06-20-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech

mine does the exact same thing and ive seen all these posts were people say about a click but i dont experience that mine does exactly what you describe.....anyone else with this problem it doesnt seem to affect performance at all but i just hate to have something wrong with my car.....annoys the hell out of me....