PDA

View Full Version : had the pleasure of driving a new accord 6 speed for the weekend

Black 02 SI
06-19-2003, 05:00 PM
my dad works for honda, and he brought home a new 6 speed accord this past weekend for the englishtown meet(which ended up being no meet at all). anyway, all I can say is damn......that thing is fast as hell. you can get to 80 in second. it is easily a mid-low 14 second car, and I wouldn't doubt better times. I think at the end of the year the EP is getting traded in for one. just thought I'd share my little fun with everyone. if anyone is interested in one and they live in NJ come see my dad for a test drive. also, it had the factory body kit/spoiler/fog light package, looked as good as it drove.

02TafWhtSi
06-19-2003, 08:05 PM
I saw it there at Englishtown. Looked really sweet with the body kit ;) . No one was around to talk about it though :(
What dealership does your father work at?

Black 02 SI
06-19-2003, 08:47 PM
he works at burns on 73. yea that car looks good as hell. I would trade mine in now for it, but I'd be losing money, I will wait till the end of the year or so, besides I can't part with the EP.

IceD out N CALI
06-19-2003, 10:42 PM
sounds good. if only those accords had better driver visibility i'd be interested

Civicvtec1ps
06-20-2003, 09:03 AM
ya drove one last week. very nice car ..
2 drs are sweet..

IownAmaxima
06-20-2003, 10:35 AM
80 in second on the 6-speed? I don't think so... you can get well into the 60s, but not 80.

also, I would wait another year for them to get the tranny problems sorted out. That's really been the only problem with those cars. Once the tranny issues are addressed it'll be a very nice car even though edmunds review ripped it a new one...

http://edmund.com/reviews/roadtests/roadtest/76668/article.html

Black 02 SI
06-20-2003, 05:43 PM
yeah, that's right 80 in second, but oh yeah I forgot that you were sitting in the passenger seat along with me as I was driving. my advice to you is get the fuck back in your POS maxima, shut the hell up, and when you know what the hell your talking about, then you may speak. just a quick question for you...how many new accord 6 speeds have you drivin? oh yeah I bet the answer is zero, cause if you had driven one then you would be able to see that in second you can go damn near 80. so as I said before do us all a favor and shut the hell up. it is not my problem that your car will not reach 80 in any gear, so don't start shit when you don't have a clue what your talking about.

02TafWhtSi
06-20-2003, 06:51 PM
wow, all this hostility over a car :eek:

IownAmaxima
06-21-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Black 02 SI
yeah, that's right 80 in second, but oh yeah I forgot that you were sitting in the passenger seat along with me as I was driving. you're funny!

I can't find numbers on the 6-speed manual but could on the 5-speed auto.

5-speed gear ratio and max speed
Gear/Ratio/(Rpm) Mph
1/2.56/(6500) 39
2/1.55/(6500) 65
3/1.02/(6500) 99
4/0.65/est (5450) 130*
5/0.47/est (3950) 130*
*Electronically limited.

6-speed gear ratio
Gear/Ratio
1/3.933
2/2.487
3/1.700
4/1.250
5/0.976
6/0.771

Really, no flames... I just don't understand. Someone explain how the 5-speed at 2.56 gearing can go 39 in first and at 1.55 gearing can go 65 in second but the 6-speed can go 80 geared the way it is? The way I read it the 6-speed shouldn't be able to go 80 until somewhere in 3rd gear.

Inquiring minds want to know...Can you explain how a 5-speed's 2nd gear can only go 65, but a 6-speed's second gear can go to 80mph?

Sorry, or is it "damn near 80"? So now you're saying you didn't really go 80 in 2nd?

JaycivicSi
06-21-2003, 06:53 AM
i dont know man, that doesnt seem right. my dad owns one, i drive it almost daily, you can get to about 63 in second and thats about tops. maybe that car was a freak of nature or something b/c stock ones definetly cant do 80 in second.

-jay

EP33
06-21-2003, 09:37 AM
I'm going to buy the one you brought home tonight. I'll fly there and drive it back.

I should get back to SoCal in about 3 hours. How many seconds is that?

I still think the EP is faster than any other car on the planet, cept that Accord. Sheeaaat (Golly) :cool:

IownAmaxima
06-21-2003, 11:06 AM
so if I read right, there is one "yes" vote (Black 02 SI) and three "no" votes.

Black 02 SI?? You out there?

Or will this turn into the "I know what I did you weren't there the mods should lock this because I'm right" type of thread?

All I'm asking for is you to defend yourself. Find *ANY* publication that says in second gear it can go 80 (or 'damn near 80' since now you're admitting you really didn't go 80 in second) and I'll give you a cookie :D

golferjn
06-21-2003, 01:03 PM
nice car. accord 6 speed, yum

cj miller
06-21-2003, 01:42 PM
i thought the whole 80 mph in a 1 sec was a sarcastic remark but i guess he was serious or someone. this is just DRAMA

IownAmaxima
06-21-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by cj miller
i thought the whole 80 mph in a 1 sec was a sarcastic remark but i guess he was serious or someone. this is just DRAMA no, he meant 80 in second gear... and we're still waiting Black 02 SI...

iR-VTEC2
06-21-2003, 11:22 PM
dude, my imaginary 03 V6 6Speed accord goes 256mph in second!!

:p

Black 02 SI
06-22-2003, 04:07 PM
I have no reason to lie, all I know is what I saw. bottom line the car is quick as hell for a bigger car, and I know I wouldn't mind owning one. I just don't appreciate people always jumping down other peoples throats when something is said. but hey, I guess there has to be a few dickheads in the world, but that's ok, just makes the rest of us look even better.

IownAmaxima
06-22-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Black 02 SI I have no reason to lie, all I know is what I saw.got a camera? Prove it. Or find a website that backs your story. I found one that backs mine.
bottom line the car is quick as hell for a bigger car, and I know I wouldn't mind owning one.agreed
I just don't appreciate people always jumping down other peoples throats when something is said.let me rephase that to what you REALLY meant... you don't appreciate being called on a lie. I can understand that, it's pretty embarassing.
but hey, I guess there has to be a few dickheads in the world, but that's ok, just makes the rest of us look even better. if you think your original post, or this one, makes you "look better" you must be pretty ugly to start with. I showed you a website and other owners/drivers called you on the same lie... but I'm the asshole... right http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

LordKoo
06-22-2003, 07:23 PM
no way that heavy POS will do 80mph in 2nd gear! Yeah, hope you enjoy old man size steering wheel, and every inch fat on that car.

JaycivicSi
06-22-2003, 07:51 PM
hahahahahaha lord koo.....
that heavy pos would smoke your si anyday of the week. and that old man size steering wheel is comfterable as hell, and imo it is a much better overall car, more power, more comfort, smoother shifts, did i mention more power? and im pretty sure almost anyone on this site would also enjoy that car if they had the chance.

-jay

IownAmaxima
06-23-2003, 07:09 AM
JaycivicSi, it is a very nice car and you're right, I wouldn't mind owning one. But that wasn't the discussion... the discussion was Black 02 SI's claim, soooooooo... Here are the REAL Honda numbers:

The 6spd gearing break-down is as follows:

1st: 40
2nd: 64
3rd: 94
4th: 129
5th: xxx (top speed of 154 reached before redline)
6th: xxx
and when you know what the hell your talking about, then you may speak. just a quick question for you...how many new accord 6 speeds have you drivin? oh yeah I bet the answer is zeroSo, who DOES and who DOESN'T know what the hell he's talking about? You posted something that I doubted so I asked about it and you go off like someone who lied and got caught. That's why I've been pushing this... because instead of saying something like "that's what I saw" you instead went straight to abuse and we ALL know that's the hallmark of someone embarassed by being caught in a lie.

Just one quick question for YOU... do you have to try to be this much of a douche bag or does it just come naturally?

Black 02 SI
06-23-2003, 04:10 PM
as I said b4, what reason do I have to lie? I simply posted a message saying that I drove a car and saw that I went 80 in second. then everyone jumps on my shit, I really could give two shits if you think I'm lieing or not to be honest, cause I know what I saw. maybe the speedo is off, maybe the car is a freak, I don't know, but I will say it one last time, I base what I know on things I see, not read, and I know what I saw. and I'm not yelling or argueing because I think I have been caught in a lie, I am argueing because people are so quick to assume that everyone is lieing about shit(1/4 miles times, horsepower, etc....) but hey I guess there has to be that person that is just out to start shit. as far as this topic is concerned I am done fighting with trash like yourself, and if the car hasn't been sold yet I will go drive it again, and get proof of my claim.

van_yammer
06-23-2003, 04:59 PM
as I said b4, what reason do I have to lie? I simply posted a message saying that I drove a car and saw that I went 80 in second. then everyone jumps on my shit, I really could give two shits if you think I'm lieing or not to be honest, cause I know what I saw. maybe the speedo is off, maybe the car is a freak, I don't know, but I will say it one last time, I base what I know on things I see, not read, and I know what I saw. and I'm not yelling or argueing because I think I have been caught in a lie, I am argueing because people are so quick to assume that everyone is lieing about shit(1/4 miles times, horsepower, etc....) but hey I guess there has to be that person that is just out to start shit. as far as this topic is concerned I am done fighting with trash like yourself, and if the car hasn't been sold yet I will go drive it again, and get proof of my claim.

What was weird was how fast you got so mad about it. Relax.

BarracksSi
06-23-2003, 05:23 PM
...maybe the speedo is off, maybe the car is a freak, I don't know, but I will say it one last time, I base what I know on things I see, not read, ...

No speedometer is off by nearly 20 mph.

If that Accord's 2nd really is tall enough to hit 80, it's as tall as 3rd in the EP -- and that's no fun to shift into from 1st gear.

Solid proof comes from Honda's own specifications. Tell me that they lied about the gearing in the car.

Go drive it like you said you will, and give proof -- either that you really can hit 80 in 2nd gear, or that you misread the speedometer.

Owning up to a goof will get you more respect than being stubborn about it.

IownAmaxima
06-23-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by van_yammer

What was weird was how fast you got so mad about it. Relax. I'll tell you why.....he's full of http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/bs.gif and knows it.

You posted, I (politely, I think) said 'I don't think so' and that was it. I didn't make fun of your car, I didn't attack you, I didn't even get impolite after your second tirade... but I will now.

[for calling me a dickhead]
So go back and read it again YOU STUPID FUCK!! YOU KNOW DICK ABOUT THAT CAR other than your daddy gets to drive it after he blows the GM (that 'm' is for Manager, not Motors you cock).
[/for calling me a dickhead]

That is all... I'll go back to roaming the internet in search of other lies to bust. Until then, keep the sand out of your cunt, Black 02 SI... it seems to make you ornery. Man, it feels good to be right, but you wouldn't know, would you?

sniperSI
06-23-2003, 05:47 PM
fight fight!

l33t
06-23-2003, 06:10 PM
heh i haven't personally been impressed with the new accords, of course i have only ran autos but tkae this into consideration, i had 3 people in my car and an auto v6 coupe could barely pull on me at all and all i have is bolt ons