PDA

View Full Version : 17 inch rims

Zero Three Si
06-20-2003, 11:50 AM
Ok this lady at work sold her 2000 eclipse....because she blew too many tires.

She said everytime she hit a bump in the road she would get a flat and ruin the tire.

She said she ruined like 6 tires in 2 years.

I guess the dealer told her it was due to have so little rubber on the tire. The tires were low pros.

Is this true that 17 in low pro tires are that easy to pop? Or did the lady just not know how to avoid big pot holes?

EP3_DC5
06-20-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Ok this lady at work sold her 2000 eclipse....because she blew too many tires.

She said everytime she hit a bump in the road she would get a flat and ruin the tire.

She said she ruined like 6 tires in 2 years.

I guess the dealer told her it was due to have so little rubber on the tire. The tires were low pros.

Is this true that 17 in low pro tires are that easy to pop? Or did the lady just not know how to avoid big pot holes?

It was probably due to the latter, that she just drove over shit without looking. I myself have had low profile rubber on all of my cars without a single blowout, as I'm sure a ton of ephatchers and car enthusiasts have as well. You just have to be more careful in your daily driving: avoiding potholes, debris on the road, irregularities in the road etc etc

TrippZ
06-20-2003, 12:07 PM
ive never had any problems except for a couple potholes that shook the hwole damn car...

my brother, however, hit something really hard and gave the tire a bruise...ass. im waiting till i come across some extra cash to get some new, thicker ones... these are WAY too thin (about 3.25 inch wheel gap... :X

Civicvtec1ps
06-20-2003, 01:12 PM
she was probabaly stupid enough to drive around like an idiot. it is not that easy to get flat or get rims fawked.
size wise. i went with 215/45/17 . no problems..

02SilverSiHB
06-20-2003, 01:24 PM
no problems here, I feel that the 45 series tire I run with the 215's works well to absorb some of the impact that I might have with pot holes and such.