PDA

View Full Version : HIDs

CgSi
08-18-2002, 08:21 PM
If you were going to get a conversion kit which would you get ?
And why ? Thinking about doing it next month and not to familiar with them
Thanks for any info !

1fastminivan
08-18-2002, 09:28 PM
www.autolamps-online.com
Their kits are really really really nice and good quality very good quality. Make sure its an H4 conversion kit. They have a kit that also includes dual beam for the H4 which means you have low/high beam for HID. check it out.:D

Febrezee
08-18-2002, 10:15 PM
I want projector conversion..

1fastminivan
08-18-2002, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I would like some also.hehe
Remember dont put HIDs into aftermarket projectors like APC. Really really bad optics and poor shielding making lots of glare for oncoming drivers. And most likely your color wont be as "blue" as the OEM HID projectors ex: BMW, Honda S2K, Audi.etc..

CgSi
08-19-2002, 12:38 AM
Thanks for all the info
Keep it coming :)

GP Si
09-02-2002, 06:52 PM
I got a set of HID's they are made by hanabi 8000k and they are blue and i mean bluer than all those other cars with stock hids

CgSi
09-02-2002, 07:11 PM
How much did they cost and where did you buy them ?

EL-DOG
09-02-2002, 07:57 PM
Hanabi,, I have never heard of them .. Could you post a link or give some prices ,,,,,,, Are the lights alot brighter than stock... info please..

CgSi
09-02-2002, 08:01 PM
Hanabi = fireworks, in Japanese

1fastminivan
09-02-2002, 11:35 PM
El-Dog,
If you are asking if the HID kit made by Hanabi being brighter then regular Halogen...then yes it is brighter then stock. But if you are comparing to OEM standard 4100k HID then No....not as bright but definitely bluer. Philips offers a 6000k bulb which is probably going to still be brighter then the claimed 8000k but not as "blue" as the 8000k bulbs. It all a matter of what you want...brighter or color.

2fastcivic
09-03-2002, 02:35 PM
after doing some research about HIDs, i've learned that 4300k are probably the brightest that u can get. that is the closest to sunlight. getting 5000k or 8000k or whatever u want will only change the color. does anyone think it would be a good idea to also get the high beams also? im thinking of get mcculloch hid.

1fastminivan
09-03-2002, 09:40 PM
You can get HID high beams but you can use them to "flash" people. It takes about 10-15 seconds for an HID bulb to "warm up". If you just "flash" them you will be killing your bulb because it needs to be "warmed" up first. You can use them by letting them "warm up" and just to go down a dark road.

Now if you get the hi/low kit that some companies have made which is taking a single HID bulb and making a shield that blocks the light from the bottom of the housing to create "low beam" then there is a device that makes the bulb change its position to create a "high beam". With a kit like this you can do the "flash" with HID because your HID bulbs will already be warmed up...assuming your lights are already on. Autolamps-online have made a kit like this which I recommend. They know there stuff.

DOTEK
09-04-2002, 02:55 PM
Minivan, being the supposed HID nerd I would assume you have shopped around--WHERE ARE ALL THE CRACKHEAD DEALS, THE "HOOK-UPS?"--is this the best online organization you could think of?

2fastcivic
09-04-2002, 06:47 PM
go onto groupbuycenter.com they have some hid kits there.

1fastminivan:
i was thinking of getting the mcculloch 5000k hid kit. you think its gonna be to blue when put into the si stock headlights. i dont want to much blue. atleast something looking like stock hid of japanese cars.

1fastminivan
09-04-2002, 11:39 PM
Im sorry Dotek,
I havent been looking up HID sites in about 4 months.....but I can only think of autolamps of the top of my head because they are Very Very awesome quality. I dont even go to the philips lighting forum anymore because I dont own HID anymore.....I will hopefully soon be having HID in my car. But thats the only company I will trust as of now....until I have the money in my hand and ready to buy then I will return to the forum and find out more info. Did you ever try those bulbs out?

2fastcivic
You can go to groupbuy and get your kit......I honestly couldnt tell you about the quality. Suvlights had thier kits on thier before and they are good quality also. Im pretty sure it will be pretty blue since it is 5000k but I dont know how exactly blue blue it will be. I could be a slight blue or a very deep blue hue. I remember seeing that name somewhere I dont remember though. I recommend this website..
www.lighting.philips.com
go to automotive forum. Just ask them. They are pretty helpful over there. Also you can try http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/
I think thats it...a couple of they guys on there through this whole HID Faq together for people to understand better about retrofitting HID into our Halogen housings.:D

2fastcivic
09-05-2002, 12:21 AM
i already have a place to buy the Mcculloch hid kit. i found a deal for 490 shipped. this is the same deal on groupbuycenter. everyone i have asked about hids recommended this kit or phillips but they rank this kit #1.

1fastminivan
09-05-2002, 12:46 AM
please let us know how the kit works out for you man. Please also post pics if you can. Thanks.:D