PDA

View Full Version : damn windshield =(

CgSi
06-20-2003, 08:02 PM
A small rock hit the passenger side and cracked the glass. Not just a one line crack - like 3 or four that split then reconnect. It wasn't even a hard hit. Pussy ass windshield

RANTING :mad:

DjMacAtack
06-20-2003, 08:14 PM
youre lucky, i just got hit by a chunk of asphalt. it was like slow motion, bashed into the hood, bounced a bit then scraped the top end of the hood then glided over the wind shield, all on the river side... i dont think i coulda been more scared...

man i need a blunt... damn 710 freeway:'(

chunky
06-20-2003, 08:19 PM
man, that shit is nothing.

you haven't experienced road debris till you've had your car bitchslapped with some re-tread from a busted 18wheeler's tire.

this miata was going kinda slow in front of me, I'm keeping reasonable following distance, not tailgating at all. when all of a sudden, i see this LARGE black slab pop up from under his wheel! i see it come up and up and up and THWAP!!! it lays itself across the windshield of my 2000 civic si. it rocked the car so hard i felt that shit in the steering wheel and in my bones. I was DAMN lucky that all i got was a fracture in the glass all the way up and down the passenger side. The a pillar took most of the blow, the glass got whipped by the trailing end of the rubber.

fucking re-tread. gotta watch out for that shit, it litreally POPS up off the ground if it goes under the tire of the person in front of you.

EnJaNir
06-20-2003, 10:05 PM
basically the same thing happened to my dad driving towards Madision all of a sudden he sees this black hunk of shit fall from the sky...pretty much ripped the front bumper off....gotta love re tread..hah that shits dangerous

CgSi
06-21-2003, 07:34 PM
So, the crack grew 6 inches today. WHOOOHOOO !

I got a quote from Safteylite (sp) $260 installed and they'll come to me and install it.
$300 if they cannot re-use the molding.

Anyone get there windshield replaced and able to re-use molding??????

He said there was a good chance because the car is new.