PDA

View Full Version : Midpipe scraping

SiR_d1
06-20-2003, 10:09 PM
I was just curious as to who else has this problem? I have a custom Brullem 2 1/4 midpipe form Brullen and lowered on TEIN S TECH. I haven't yet scarped any part of my body which I love but I seem to always be scracthing the midpipe, its a bit low for my taste.

Does anyone have this same problem and do you think I should ask Brullen to redo it? If at least a few of you have this problem than I'll learn to live with it:(

Thanks for help guys
Anthony

Suk02Si
06-21-2003, 02:59 AM
Its pretty hard to bend a pipe that will fit snugly against the body. I had the same problem with my custom pipe and had to take it back twice just to fix it. At the time I was lowered on Neuspeed race springs.

I ended up throwing the custom pipe away and picked up a MBRP midpipe which ran me $200 but fits perfectly.

fishboy
06-21-2003, 07:28 AM
i have skunk2 and that fucker hangs pretty low. i am always careful because i WILL scrape.

i02si
06-21-2003, 08:15 AM
I had a custom exhaust done and it keept hitting the ground and scraping too. Then i got my greddy evo it sits low and scraps somtimes too.

klik
06-21-2003, 12:32 PM
same problem here with HKS catback system and tein stech

spoon3168
06-21-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
I was just curious as to who else has this problem? I have a custom Brullem 2 1/4 midpipe form Brullen and lowered on TEIN S TECH. I haven't yet scarped any part of my body which I love but I seem to always be scracthing the midpipe, its a bit low for my taste.

Does anyone have this same problem and do you think I should ask Brullen to redo it? If at least a few of you have this problem than I'll learn to live with it:(

Thanks for help guys
Anthony
hey how much duty and tax did u pay and what shipping company did you used..??

321 GO
06-21-2003, 11:58 PM
i have a greddy evo exhaust and ground control coilovers (raised almost as high as they go -- HI has limits on how low your front plate can be) and i still scrape occasionally. i can clear almost all speed bumps except a few pulling into where i live. here is a pic. not a very good picture, but you can still see where it bends down.

Beachya
06-22-2003, 09:03 AM

Thanks for help guys
Anthony

If you're always scratching then it may be best to have them take another look at it. Im dropped on neuspeed race, and with midpipe have yet to have any problems, still able to get over the neighborhood speed bumps no probs. Let us know how it goes.

esmith13
06-22-2003, 10:24 AM
Neuspeed Race and Thermal Stealth here...
I get minor scraping on large speed bumps, and I went over a speed bump painted black like the asphalt that I couldn't see pretty fast once. Car bottomed out and tapped down on the speed bump. Didn't dent the exhaust system, even though I thought the midpipe would have been crushed. Thermal sits firmly against underside of the car though, which is good for someone who plans a drop for their car, however it ocassionally rattles against the underside of the car, usually only when it rains real hard (harmonics of a wet exhaust?).

Eric

BlackNRedSi
06-22-2003, 10:56 AM
Borla Catback...With no scrapage

SiR_d1
06-22-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by spoon3168

hey how much duty and tax did u pay and what shipping company did you used..??

Brullen is actually located in Toronto so I didn't have to order anything. I just went directly to Brullen and they installed it for me right then and there.

Im glad to hear that Im no the only one with this problem. My midpipe does scrap but not all the time, infact its really rare when it does. I guess I am just paroah that if it continues it will really do some damage. I'm probably not going to do anything about it b/c I talked to Brullen and they said if anything breaks regardless if my cars lowered and its my fault they would replace it with no questions asked. I guess thats the good part about going to Brullen, unlimited lifetime warranty;)

SiR_d1
06-22-2003, 06:29 PM
Thanks a lot for all your replys guys (and girls if any):)

hamlet9634
06-22-2003, 08:26 PM
custom 2 and 1/4 midpipe here dropped way down on JIC coilovers.. no scraping anwhere. And my car is so low that i can't fit a jack under it. The key is getting a muffler shop to bend the pipes so that it fits really snug against the body. Also, my progress sway bar doesn't hit the piping either (and it's 2 and 1/2 inch back there).

Paid a lot for the custom install (200 for crush bent piping with resonator) but i'm really happy with the job they did.

spoon3168
06-23-2003, 05:53 AM

Brullen is actually located in Toronto so I didn't have to order anything. I just went directly to Brullen and they installed it for me right then and there.

Im glad to hear that Im no the only one with this problem. My midpipe does scrap but not all the time, infact its really rare when it does. I guess I am just paroah that if it continues it will really do some damage. I'm probably not going to do anything about it b/c I talked to Brullen and they said if anything breaks regardless if my cars lowered and its my fault they would replace it with no questions asked. I guess thats the good part about going to Brullen, unlimited lifetime warranty;)
opps SiR_d1 i was asking about ur spring :angel:

321 GO
06-29-2003, 06:22 PM
just took some pictures today. thought i would share.

321 GO
06-29-2003, 06:23 PM

SiR_d1
06-29-2003, 07:17 PM
I havent checked myself but Im sure mine looks the same. Good thing its under the car where you cant see it;)

raiyo
06-29-2003, 09:15 PM
I got that problem also with my Tein S Tech springs. That's the only thing I dislike about the springs, it's making me rub.

Anyone know if it is possible for a muffler shop to bend a stock pipe closer to the body?

REVwheels
06-30-2003, 07:47 AM
since my turbo...i had to go to a 3", downpipe all the way back. you guys have no clue as to how much this focker scrapes....

styllinep3
07-02-2003, 09:13 AM
i dont know man . i have a 2 1/2 in mid pipe lower on tiens and i havent scraped mine yet . had it for like almost 2 months with no problems. mabye they didnt bend urs that good . cause mines even bigger and it doesnt hit. actually i bottomed out on the front a couple times but thats just over deep dips