PDA

View Full Version : '02 Si Drive Impressions

motofan
08-18-2002, 08:32 PM
Hi !
This is my 1-st post on this board. I owned 2 Hondas in my life. One Accord, one Civic but right now I drive a German car :)

A few days ago I was driving by a Honda dealership and saw the new Si's on display. I decided to test drive a white one. BTW, guys at the dealership actually thought that there is a chance of me trading in my 2 years old Bavarian pony for Si, but that's a different story :rolleyes:

Subjective impressions (just my opinions):
1. '02 Si preserved the familiar Honda feel
2. The engine seemed to have trouble breathing-could benefit from better intake plumbing.
3. Stock handling was nice but cuould use some tweaking. The tires protest too easily.
4. Engine needs more torque and should revv higher for my taste. The '02 Si's engine feels "heavy" to spool up before VTEC machinery kicks in.
5. I'd put the shifter back where it belongs.

Overall I liked the car, it brought back some nice memories :) but when I saw the sticker I had to ask the dealer if they didn't make a mistake. With all fees and taxes this little car would cost over $20,000 :eek: That's just radicoulous! What was Honda thinking? The car is very nice but not 20 thousand dollars' worth of nice. Market competition will eat the Si alive! As far as I know this model doesn't sell well in US. No wonder! At this price? The car need mods to perform like it should so the grand total could reach $30,000. For that kind of money you can buy a 2003 Nissan 350Z which, compared to hatchback SI, looks like a dream, and it will make circles around the Si...and won't need any mods to do it. I like Honda cars but, in my opinion, they dropped the ball on this one. :(

Eric55inSacCA
08-18-2002, 08:58 PM
Subjective impressions (just my opinions):

1) u wasted time and typing
2)no one cares
3)shifter is where it belongs
4)please buy a nissan and post your review there
5)keep tellin yourself...."my opinion matters" "my opinion matters"

CgSi
08-18-2002, 09:03 PM
I respect that. People have different tastes. I do wish the redline was a little higher too. I do like the shifter though

MPgrunt81
08-18-2002, 09:03 PM
motofan,
the first time I read this I thought some one just giving an honest opinion. After reading your other post (all 4 of them) I realized your goal was merely to start flame wars. Now go drive your imaginary BMW off a freakin cliff

Eric55inSacCA
08-18-2002, 09:14 PM
dont worry he'll wanna push it off a cliff when the expensive repairs and not being able to pass emissions...and Respect is earned not given! lets please not grant anymore time and energy into this void, hidden as an opinion

CgSi
08-18-2002, 09:52 PM
Sorry...didn't notice he was flamin' the new Si

Motofan...try this out

http://www.orbit3d.com/bbs/suicide.gif

SpeedRacer
08-19-2002, 12:07 AM
lol

I love my car and now that it is broken in i love it even more

ApexinSi
08-19-2002, 05:52 AM
this post is stupid.....I'm getting tired of newbies comming in here and ranting how good/bad they liked the si after their test drive....nobody cares anymore. DownTheHatch should make a new Forum for these guys and gals.

SBC31
08-19-2002, 06:04 AM
motofan;

How about driving/owning the car for a few months then see how you like it. It's obvious that you've joined here to just flame the 02 Civic Si (SiR), and if that's your intentions, then keep them to yourself.