OrganDonar 8=D
08-18-2002, 08:49 PM
pic-2

OrganDonar 8=D
08-18-2002, 08:49 PM
pic-3

CgSi
08-18-2002, 09:07 PM
That looks badass. A new way to paint it. You didn't do the lower portion. I like that way too !
How did the re-sealing of the headlights go ??

CgSi
08-18-2002, 09:10 PM
Is that gloss black ? It makes the lights not look as big as before = good thing

2k2civicSi
08-18-2002, 09:38 PM
looks sweet as shit dude

OrganDonar 8=D
08-18-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by CgSi
[
How did the re-sealing of the headlights go ?? [/B]

the resealing went pretty much the same way the unsealing went
i stuck it back in the oven. after i squeezed the casing back together i ran a bead of silicone over the top seam. i'm hoping it will not get any condensation on the inside. have to just wait and see.
it's like a semi-gloss. i wouldn't go gloss unless your really good w/ a spray can.

for whoever attempts this project.... watch out for the gooey sealant around the light. it has a way of getting on everything.

CgSi
08-18-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by OrganDonar 8=D

i'm hoping it will not get any condensation on the inside. have to just wait and see.

http://newcelica.org/forums/images/smilies/ugh.gif

Anyone have previous experience with this ??

LazyAzzAzian
08-18-2002, 10:28 PM
did you take off all the old glue before applying the new application of silicon?

CgSi
08-18-2002, 11:31 PM
I just checked out some other car forums and they say to just put them back together and put it in the oven again and it wil reseal itself, Then if you want, put a layer on silicon on the edges ????

I'm just going to do it when I don't need my car for a day or two...and figure the best way out myself. Can't be that hard

:D

OrganDonar 8=D
08-19-2002, 05:01 AM
I just checked out some other car forums and they say to just put them back together and put it in the oven again and it wil reseal itself, Then if you want, put a layer on silicon on the edges ????

:D

thats exactly how i did it

SBC31
08-19-2002, 06:17 AM
Looks excellent dude. Nice work, and man I love those wheels. (if I ever change my 17" wheels, those are the ones I will get).

Who's the kid in the 3rd picture?

Again, excellent work. (if only I had the guts to do this mod. I'm pretty good when it comes to doing stuff like that, but I hate the thought of messing with the headlight seal)

02blksi
08-19-2002, 11:34 AM
im going to venture a guess and say thats his girlfriend?? -- dont flame if im wrong though :) --joe

SBC31
08-19-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by 02blksi
im going to venture a guess and say thats his girlfriend?? -- dont flame if im wrong though :) --joe
Oh yeah, now that I look closer, it does look like a girl.

p.s. Sorry for saying "who's the kid", I then look close enough.

02SilverSiHB
08-20-2002, 04:14 AM

http://newcelica.org/forums/images/smilies/ugh.gif

Anyone have previous experience with this ??
yes I have. I did that. But when I went to wash my car a few days later, I noticed condensation after words. So I had a leak somewhere. It took about a full week for the condensation to evaporate...Texas heat :) Any way, I'm going to take the passenger side one out and reseal it.

SIborland
08-29-2002, 09:13 AM
Anybody interested in doing this for me, I'll buy a set of headlights and send them to you....obviously i'll pay for it....

OrganDonar 8=D
08-29-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by SIborland
Anybody interested in doing this for me, I'll buy a set of headlights and send them to you....obviously i'll pay for it....

i'll sell you mine. i want to paint some new ones to match the graphite color in my rims. pm me

LazyAzzAzian
09-02-2002, 12:34 PM
hey organdonor what part of MA are you from? im looking into getting a SI, but cant find any place with a good price, just wondering if you know any places thanks man

SiNi$t3R
09-05-2002, 01:15 AM
Its a good thing someone put up the pic of the Si with the black rims w/polished lip. I am planin to get Tenzo R mean 6 which are gun metal. Those rims are the closest iv'e seen. My Si is black as well. Let me tell you Your ride looks great! Now I know what mine's will look like when i get my rims.

GhettoSamurai
09-05-2002, 01:44 PM
Hey Sinister I think you should paint your OEM wheels black, then paint the lips on those with metalic Gold Paint from Pep Boys. I think the Metalic Paint is $4.29 and the black is about $3.80 .

This way you will have mad r337 car Yo! And will cost you under a 10 spot.

hacim
09-05-2002, 02:21 PM
What? Thats ghetto as hell, why are you going to make a honda some gay ride with spray paint? I dont get it.

SiNi$t3R
09-06-2002, 12:24 AM
Ghetto samurai I know that guy he lives down the street from me.
He has this 97 Dx hatch and puts an Si badge on it and insists its an authinetic civic. He's a nice guy and all but he is a bit slow.......Ok he's really fuckin slow. He is as rice as you get. He is the only ricer I know that has 3 count them !!3!! emblems on his grill. He seems to think that just because his blinker blinks fast, his car goes fast aswell. The sad part is he and his "crew" Hatch back villians go to the local high school and think they can get chicks! He's about 28 years old already.

GhettoSamurai
09-06-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by SiNi$t3R
Ghetto samurai I know that guy he lives down the street from me.
He has this 97 Dx hatch and puts an Si badge on it and insists its an authinetic civic. He's a nice guy and all but he is a bit slow.......Ok he's really fuckin slow. He is as rice as you get. He is the only ricer I know that has 3 count them !!3!! emblems on his grill. He seems to think that just because his blinker blinks fast, his car goes fast aswell. The sad part is he and his "crew" Hatch back villians go to the local high school and think they can get chicks! He's about 28 years old already.

Look beotch is a 97 CX get it right.

You are just jealous because I can get all the underage girls and the only thing you can get is little boys with yours.

At the very least I don't add extra badges like 4 of them on my back. I get it's an Si, what are you going to do next a get a window banner that reads "THIS IS AN SI" .

Oh by the way that thing int he middle of your dash its called a shifter. I don't know why you were ramming that into your ass this morning. It was sure funny to watch though. :p

hacim
09-06-2002, 08:45 AM
28 and he is goin after lil girls? Thats dirty has hell, freakin chester and shit. Do you still live with your parents? Why are you going to come on here with your ghetto ass and try to be in the 2k Si club if you dont have one? I dont get the mentality of some people. I cant stand those people that put type R emblems on there cars like civic coupes and Accords and now even a 97 CX with An Si badge? Give me a freakin brake..... why dont you start saving to get a real Si or a life, wich ever comes first.

GhettoSamurai
09-06-2002, 10:10 AM
I do have an Si, it is sitting on top of my computer monitor right now. It is cool as hell man, I put an extra wide body kit ala type R style. Some cool Mugen rims I ripped off an other Civic. I painted the interior all white, then I took some touch up paint in EBP and did th outside.

Hmm I think I might just put it on my dash board, next to my Mugen Emblem.

SiNi$t3R
09-06-2002, 10:45 PM
Oh shit LOL

ep3
09-28-2002, 05:30 PM
wow!!! your car is shiniest i have ever seen!!!! how'd you get it so shiny?? my car doesn't have that kind of shine after i wax it. any tips????

HondaMan
09-28-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by SiNi$t3R
Its a good thing someone put up the pic of the Si with the black rims w/polished lip. I am planin to get Tenzo R mean 6 which are gun metal. Those rims are the closest iv'e seen. My Si is black as well. Let me tell you Your ride looks great! Now I know what mine's will look like when i get my rims.

Check out my wheels as well, they are a lot like OrganDonars.