PDA

View Full Version : mountain bike / snowboard roof rack

jo3y
06-21-2003, 11:15 AM
Has anyone found a roof rack for the EP? I want to transport my mountain bike around and was curious if i am going to have to custom make one or what.

BlrwestSiR
06-25-2003, 03:01 PM
I've got a Yakima Rook rack for mine with 2 bike mounts. It used to be from my 200 SiR but if you change the clips it mounts to the m\new car. Any shop that carries Yakima racks should be able to set it up for you.

BSEVEER
06-25-2003, 03:20 PM
I just put my bike in the car, that's one reason why I got a hatchback.

NamingException
06-25-2003, 06:55 PM
I put my bike in the hatch too (recently got a Giant VT2- it's awesome), but I'm sick of getting the hatch muddy. Also, every time I stow it in there I smack a tube against the plastic and scratch it. I'm sick of it. I need to get a rack soon. Any more recommendations would be welcome over here too. Good to know that a Yakima will fit.

MUSASHI
06-26-2003, 10:08 PM
Just go to any roof rack store, Yakima or Thule or whatever they're called have them , it will just set you back some 300+ bucks I think . For right now I just put my K2 Disco Monkey in the back with some furniture blankets under it and I don't scratch anything(and it's a size 21 bike) . If you visit yakima.com or thule's site just find your car on the list , and tell them what do you want to carry on it and it will list every piece you need w2ith the price.