PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket 15"s on stock susp.?

JapanExpress
06-21-2003, 12:09 PM
I currently have a stock 03 Si. A friend of mine wants to trade his rota group n's for my stock wheels. Even trade. Would this look gimpy? I plan on lowering it by the end of July, but my main concern now is how it will look at stock height with the black wheels. I've seen other EPs on this site lowered with 15" slips, and I like the look.

brendanSI
06-21-2003, 05:58 PM
shouldn't look bad :)

simione
06-21-2003, 06:36 PM
i have my ep lowered with 15" volk te37's and i love the look, plus you know the group n wheel is probably lighter than your stock so your car will probably feel a little quicker. i know when i got the te37's i noticed a big difference

chubbychu
06-21-2003, 06:42 PM
i dont think it should look TOOO out of the ordinary...althoug...it does look semi werid. i know its not really a choice for you...but i would lower b4 i get different wheels..its okay though

chunky
06-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by simione
i have my ep lowered with 15" volk te37's and i love the look, plus you know the group n wheel is probably lighter than your stock so your car will probably feel a little quicker. i know when i got the te37's i noticed a big difference

word. i've got 15x7" oz superleggera. a little over 10lb each. with 225/50/15 rubber. Even with the wider rubber, the new wheels/tires are significantly lighter than stock.

stock wheels are porky at 17lb each.

if your buddy really wants to trade, I've got my stock wheels which are in really good condition ready to trade. They've been sitting on a shelf with no tires for quite some time.

if you don't wanna do the trade, I'll do it - i'll meet him somewhere in SC for the trade. :)