PDA

View Full Version : helms manual please??!!? hehe

VBP03SI
06-21-2003, 12:17 PM
I want to add a circuit that will close all my windows and sunroof, and put it in one of the empty accesory ports near the steering wheel, where fog light etc etc is. Would it be as simple as tapping into the back of the close connections for those three and providing power? Can someone with a manual look at the wiring diagrams and figure out the easiest place to get into those three, seems like i'd have to pull out the WHOLE headliner for the sunroof :( :( :(

-Randy

BlasTech
06-21-2003, 12:33 PM
Yep, thats a pretty big undertaking... were talking pages and pages of diagrams to interpret. and you'll probably end up taking out all the door panels, some of the dash and the headliner, and there will need to be one switch that makes independent connections for each of the three.

glw
06-21-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
Yep, thats a pretty big undertaking... were talking pages and pages of diagrams to interpret. and you'll probably end up taking out all the door panels, some of the dash and the headliner, and there will need to be one switch that makes independent connections for each of the three. do you plan on holding the switch until they all close? if not, you would need a relay for each switch. if so, you'd probably need some kind of a single pole triple throw switch and then run the wires to all the places that blastech mentioned. let me know if you want to procede, i can scan some of the manuals pages for you...

the manual is only $70 bucks and well worth it if you mod your car any at all. you should probably get one.

VBP03SI
06-21-2003, 01:43 PM
i'll prolly justhold the button the only window that would close early is the sunroof and i dont think holding it would damage anything over time(feel free to correct me if i'm wrong though). The door panels i'm not too terribly worried about i'll just have to be careful, and then i'll have to pull out prolly only the bottom of the dash, if i can be creative and run the wire from the sunroof down the a pillar on the sly and get it down there. and then i'm thinking i can just use one of those add-a-fuse things for power since i'll be near the fuse box anyway, how much juice would all 3 pull? i guess i could get off my ass and go look at the fuse diagram, the windows are on seperate circuits i believe, so window+window+sunroof amps is what i need right?

-Randy

glw
06-21-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by VBP03SI
i'll prolly justhold the button the only window that would close early is the sunroof and i dont think holding it would damage anything over time(feel free to correct me if i'm wrong though). The door panels i'm not too terribly worried about i'll just have to be careful, and then i'll have to pull out prolly only the bottom of the dash, if i can be creative and run the wire from the sunroof down the a pillar on the sly and get it down there. and then i'm thinking i can just use one of those add-a-fuse things for power since i'll be near the fuse box anyway, how much juice would all 3 pull? i guess i could get off my ass and go look at the fuse diagram, the windows are on seperate circuits i believe, so window+window+sunroof amps is what i need right?

-Randy randy... it looks like to run the drivers motor up you need to jumper pin 7 (RED/YEL) to pin 14 (BLK) and pin 4 (RED/BLK) to pin 11 (ORN) on the drivers switch. it looks like to run the passenger motor up you need to jumper pin 3 (GRN/BLK) to pin 5 (RED/BLU) of the passenger door switch.

WARNING - wiring the passenger motor up may cause a problem... because you may be feeding power back through the main switch (??) to ground. the circuit diagram in my repair manual is not that good and i don't know what the main switch is. my guess is that the diagram in the electrical manual (that i don't have) is better.

you have a probelm with the sunroof because of the auto-stop feature. you will need to perform the defeat moonroof auto-stop from this thread (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11978) with my instructions found here (http://sourcecodegeeks.com/public/civic/), before you can do this from one switch.

it looks like to run the moonroof motor to close you need to jumper pin 5 (LT GRN/BLK) to pin 4 (BLK) of the moonroof switch.

WARNING - remember that i have no desire to do this myself and that you are hacking the system to do something that was never planned for in the car. this may be hazardous (serious damage) to your car and it's parts. if you want to do this anyway, i would recommend you trying each step (moonroof/drivers window/passengers window) independently before trying the single switch idea.

let me know if you want the window and moonroof circuit diagrams... good luck!

VBP03SI
06-21-2003, 11:56 PM
thanks for the info, i've already got the autostop on the moonroof fixed. i'm prolly gonna take this week to look at it and get everything figured out. i've got a couple of ideas as to how i'm going to do this so i wont screw the motors/switches up. I'd really like to make it a one push and the windows go up (no holding the button down) but i think that might be above my skill level. thanks for the stats man.

-Randy

Rueda del Queso
06-22-2003, 12:24 AM
You could use a toggle switch. You'd have to flip it back down once everything went up, but at least you wouldn't have to hold it the whole time.