PDA

View Full Version : Loosing patience!!

minimay7
06-22-2003, 11:01 PM
Is it just me or is the tuning community lagging really hard on coming up with aftermarket parts for our beloved EPs? Let's vent out our frustrations and hope that healing will come!!

goy091
06-22-2003, 11:54 PM
the popularity of the car is what is hurting its aftermarket support, either buy CTR parts and pay a lot for importing them or wait for specific things to come out.

chubbychu
06-23-2003, 12:29 AM
iuno....i happy we have at LEAST the basics...i/h/e suspension, ect ect

hamlet9634
06-23-2003, 06:11 AM
by the way, it's "LOSING"

lose is what the Nets did in the finals
loose is what your mom is

fASTBACK
06-23-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by hamlet9634

LOL. Kinda harsh.:D

RacingCivicSi02
06-23-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by hamlet9634

Ouch lol

minimay7
06-23-2003, 11:32 PM
You mean to tell me you guys are totally okay with how slow the after market products are developed for our EPs? :o

As far as the sales numbers issue is concerned, I can't fully buy the idea... I mean... okay, Honda is not selling SIs like hotcakes... But, they did sell significant number of cars. And almost everyone who has purchased SIs are in the tuning demographics. Consider WRX for example, Subaru sold so many of them. And it still took long time for aftermarket people to come up with parts for the car. SIs, people are waiting desparately for someone to come up with "something".

I am just saying that I sense this unnecessary delay/laziness in aftermarket companies regarding our cars. When did Koni promise us new shocks? When was Mugen parts supposed to be available through King Motorsports?

chubbychu
06-23-2003, 11:40 PM
its not like they OWE us anything though! we buy their parts because they are good at making them...but not because the have to make them! just take what u have and be happy!

cj miller
06-24-2003, 01:52 AM
im not to worried. i dont have trhe $$$$ to get the newest hottest stuff.;)

SHAKEnBAKE
06-24-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by cj miller
im not to worried. i dont have trhe $$$$ to get the newest hottest stuff.;)
hehehe, my problem too.
Still saving money to lower the car, and hopefully a spoiler.

ssvr6
06-24-2003, 04:17 AM
As more and more tuners move to the K-series for their cars, more things will come out.

Right now, the B-series is dominating but soon, EVERY new Honda/Acura will have a K-series or a 6cyl under the hood.

Steve

hamlet9634
06-24-2003, 07:47 AM
the K series motor has already shown potential to be the most powerful line of motors honda has ever made. The k20a2 mildly modified (i/h/e/cams/chip) routinely puts down over 200hp to the wheels out of a 2.0 liter motor. Turbos and SC's are getting 300 or so horsepower out of low boost levels (8psi).

The development is kinda slow, but remember that the B series motors were out for YEARS before the really good stuff came out. The K series motors are relatively new, and they're COMPLETELY different from what honda put out before (the driveshaft spins the opposite direction for pete's sake).

be patient, the good stuff is coming. Greddy's kit should be out in the next 6 months or so, HKS is sure to follow. The 2.4 liter motor in the TSX is a direct drop in (and more will be available because this is a worldwide platform now)

and sorry about the loose/lose tirade. pet-pieve, i guess

glw
06-24-2003, 08:26 AM
bummed about shocks... it shouldn't take this long to make shocks. everything else is coming along, imho.

minimay7
06-24-2003, 08:01 PM
Okay... I would be not fair to give the after market community fair amount of time to develop and feel confidient about their product's marketability.

I just have problem when anyone/anycompany promises to produce something and do not meet their dead line.

Tenacious G
06-24-2003, 08:32 PM
it's all economics. i don't think aftermarket companies will devote a significant amount of R&D time/energy for a car with sluggish sales. a large demand on this discussion board doesn't necessarily translate into strong demand overall for aftermarket products.

but yes, i do agree that it is frustrating that companies continually push back release dates for their EP applications (specifically suspension stuff, i.e. struts).