PDA

View Full Version : Those with new springs. Do you notice bounciness at all. I'm on stock rims and tires

02SilverSiHB
08-19-2002, 09:23 AM
Okay, I got progress springs. It seems bouncy compared to what I was used to on my 97 EX. In this car when I'm going kinda fast I get some wabbling/bounciness on some uneven roads. Never had that before in my other EX. I'm about to put my stock springs back on. I had more control and better handling IMO with the stock ones over these. It's either the way it is because the of the car, or maybe even the shocks. I love the drop, but damn, I want more handling than anything.

02SilverSiHB
08-19-2002, 11:50 AM
well, I answered my own question by doing more research. The ride isn't what I should be calling bouncy. As it doesn't bounce while driving under normal conditions. It gets rough as soon as the road becomes uneven/not smooth. This springs are really aggressive spring rate. Performance shocks are in my near future :D

02SilverSiHB
08-19-2002, 11:56 AM
aaaahhhhhhh! I'm such a damn bone head! :mad: I forgot to trim the bumpstops, and of course progress highly recommends that! Dur, time to call progress and find out.

02blksi
08-19-2002, 12:11 PM
do you always have a conversation with yourself?? HAHA JK :)

02SilverSiHB
08-19-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
do you always have a conversation with yourself?? HAHA JK :)
basically :D I was thinking that on my way home. No one ever replies to my threads :( boo whoooo! somtimes I look up at the top left corner where it says who's on line and I'm the only one on at the forum sometimes :(

JSIR
08-19-2002, 02:35 PM
Pro Kits give you new bumpstops for the rear and you retain the fronts as stock, seeing as Eibach does that with mild springs as Pro-kits, Progress will definitely need to be trimmed at the least. It doesn't take much to ride on the stock bumpstops, and it seems like the rears need more trimming than the fronts.

A lot of people also confuse faster more responsive springs with bounciness. Bounciness only applies if the car goes up and down more than once per bump. With high rate springs the car can go up and down quicker which some people think is bouncy, but it isn't. If the car is bouncy you will notice it going up and down more than once per bump.

You will most likely eventually need better shocks if you plan on keeping the high rate springs, but trim up the bumpstops first and see how it feels. Stock shocks could probably last a year or so before going bad.

02SilverSiHB
08-19-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by JSIR

A lot of people also confuse faster more responsive springs with bounciness. Bounciness only applies if the car goes up and down more than once per bump. With high rate springs the car can go up and down quicker which some people think is bouncy, but it isn't. If the car is bouncy you will notice it going up and down more than once per bump.

You will most likely eventually need better shocks if you plan on keeping the high rate springs, but trim up the bumpstops first and see how it feels. Stock shocks could probably last a year or so before going bad.
yeap. You're right about everything. It bounces fast, so it's just the high rate. An upgraded shock will help eliminate that correct?

JSIR
08-19-2002, 03:53 PM
a good adjustable shock can help control the spring better than stock shocks, and you can choose the quality of ride you want.

HondaMan
08-19-2002, 05:18 PM
HeHe, good luck bro! I'm off to redo my front springs now...

02SilverSiHB
08-19-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan
HeHe, good luck bro! I'm off to redo my front springs now...
let me know how it goes! :)
Thanks JSIR!

HondaMan
08-19-2002, 09:16 PM
Well, I decided to wait to redo my springs...I bought an air ratchet and I'm going to rent an air compressor. I'll probably just wait till Saturday to do it when I have all day to do it. At this rate I'm only going to save myself less than $75. I had to buy a set of bigger sockets, air ratchet & rent a compressor...not to mention all the time required to do it. On the bright side I will have nice big sockets & air ratchet for future mods...hehe! :)