PDA

View Full Version : Video game system! Help! Show this week!

Chrisbgft
06-23-2003, 07:31 AM
Okay, i just had my DVD screen and player all installed. For our show on saturday i want to do a videogame system, but not a ps2 or xbox like everyone else. I want to a regular 8bit Nintendo. I was looking at it and it has the audio/visual red/yellow/white inputs. Also there is a plugin for the wall. How do i do that in my car? Can someone help me out w/ a step by step hook up? thanx, i appreciate all the help!....Chris

EnJaNir
06-23-2003, 08:49 AM
your screen should have RCA inputs for an AUX somewhere. If you want it psuedo stereo you need a RCA Y adapator so you can run right and left audio channels, then plug in the RCA which is most likley yellow into the video input. its the same as if you were going to plug in any other system.

As for power, a quick and easy way would to be to just pick up a power inverter, but they may look like ass unless you hide it, but you are putting an 8bit nintendo in your car ;) jk....otherwise you are going to have to tap into a power source and ground and make sure you are getting the correct voltage

BlasTech
06-23-2003, 08:54 AM
About power invertors: if you get a cheap one, they have little fans that make lots of noise, which might be irritating. Be sure to look out for that, and get one you can return just in case it sucks.

Chrisbgft
06-23-2003, 09:03 AM
Okay, thanx guys! Also, the Power Inverters. Is that the same things people use for say a PS2 or XBox?

BlasTech
06-23-2003, 09:18 AM
Its the same. The invertor has a plug to get power from your 12v outlet and converts it to a wall plug like in the house. You will be limited to small items... no hairdryers, space-heaters, or microwave ovens.

BlackNRedSi
06-23-2003, 09:26 AM
HA! Thats great OldSkool Nintendo!!!

Great pick! @ least you didnt do the SegaCD! :)

Eric

Hope you have Contra!

what is it...? Up Up,Down Down,Left,Right, B A Select Start :) :) :)

Chrisbgft
06-23-2003, 09:34 AM
oh yea, Contra is going to be played alot! Also Duck Hunt with the gun. up, down, up, down, left, right, a, b, a,b, select, start...LOL. I think everyone knows that code..everytime i bring contra up thats the first thing people say! LOL. I am trying to get all my shit hooked up by friday. I have the DVD player, screen, and the nintendo and i have the screen and player hooked up i am just having trouble with the nintendo. Where can i get the power inverter?

ssvr6
06-23-2003, 09:43 AM
Try Radio Shack.

Steve

C1V1C
06-23-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
HA! Thats great OldSkool Nintendo!!!

Great pick! @ least you didnt do the SegaCD! :)

Eric

Hope you have Contra!

what is it...? Up Up,Down Down,Left,Right, B A Select Start :) :) :)

Left - Right <-- Twice .. then B A

:D

Chrisbgft
06-23-2003, 11:38 AM
Aight guys, i went out and bought a power inverter. It is one that goes from the battery and also needs a ground wire. Its 1400 watts. Its about the size of a VHS tape just a lil thicker. What would be a good place to put it? My tv tuner is going under my drivers seat and the DVD player is under my passenger. Ideas?

EnJaNir
06-23-2003, 04:38 PM
couldnt the tuner and DVD player both fit under one of the seats...you got a big power inverter, wattage wise, just remember the power adapter for the NES has to beable to reach...soo keep that in mind

Chrisbgft
06-24-2003, 07:29 AM
So, today at 5 i am going to do a complete install of my audio system. Here is what i am doing.
-6.5" Motorized Lanzar Screen and AM/FM/TV Tuner(No CD Player)
-Panisonic DVD/MP3/CD/Player....Not DIN size. About 3X6"...
-1400 Power Inverter
Now, how would u guys go about installing this? What would u start with first? Sorry, i have done installs before but never and kind of screen, so i am kindof nervous about it.
I also have the Nintendo but that will be easy all i do is plug the RCA's into the back of the Screen and the plug into the Power inverter. Anyone have any advice?
-

siver-SI
06-24-2003, 07:12 PM
I thought you were going to get it installed on Sunday?

Chrisbgft
06-25-2003, 07:24 AM
Didnt have time, we got it all working last night (Tues) and now today we are going to custom all of it. Be sure to look at the pics when its all done!

siver-SI
06-25-2003, 07:05 PM
That is cool you got it all setup now. I can not wait to see what it looks like.