PDA

View Full Version : Air Ride? Can someone help me out..... (VA BEACH)

pittcwhite
06-23-2003, 12:31 PM
I have a white Ep and am really thinking about investing in an air ride system for it.... can you guys help me out with some general info, and basic facts about the system....

Example: Is it expensive to upkeep? Normal equipment check-up? Refilling of anything? And in general any comments you think about the whole idea....

Also if anyone knows of somewhere where I can get it done around VA Beach/Norfolk area... I would really appreciate it..

Thanks guys.. (and gals)

ssvr6
06-23-2003, 02:40 PM
Good luck, but I doubt you'll find the info you need on this site.

Steve

ephatchback
06-23-2003, 04:20 PM
Call Ricky Racer, 1-800-211-6896. I called for the hell of it, and they said 2grand for entry level kit. Cylinders, compressor, valves, shut off valve, air tank, and guages. If you did buy this kit it would be a good idea to upgrade the compressor. As far as maintaining the system, if you install it correctly and don't abuse it, you shouldn't have any problems. Keep in mind this is a pretty cheap kit though. Also keep in mind this WILL slow you down compared to a coilover/drop spring set up. It's almost impossibe to set "spring" rates and dampening for drag, street, ect.

Beachya
06-24-2003, 02:11 PM
Try AutoSolutions in VB, they have an EP sponsored by buddy club and I believe they are doing a head swap at the show in Norfolk this weekend. But, perhaps they too can answer your questions on installation and upkeep. I live in vb, glad to see another EP around here.

David

02civichatch
06-24-2003, 03:42 PM
If ur gonna be in the arizona area i have a friends dad who just opened this new shop down in tucson he will do it all for hella cheap, like i think he said 80 bucks a bag then plus compressor he said it depends on what u want. just becareful my friend was drivin his integra down the road didnt notice the cop behind him on the freeway and dropped it, got pulled over and there is a 1500 fine in az for that but if u want anymore info let me know ricky racer place is local for me 2 they dont really want to do anything, i was curious about it as well and the guy scared me away saying well we are goping to have to tear out alot of shit, we never really did any kinda car like that before, so it scared me iam gonna save for some good coilovers, anyone got a good recomendation for them?