PDA

View Full Version : New steering wheel

bryan
06-23-2003, 01:27 PM
Last time I nad my car at Honda getting the dash replaced they dropped a tool or something on my steering wheel and kinda messed it up so they ordered a new one and I went to get it put on today. When I was driving home I noticed the new wheel looked really weird but I didn't know why. Then I realized the stitching was black and not red like my old wheel. It looks really awakward for some reason. Im wondering where this wheel came from because I thought the Si was the only Civic with a 3 spoke wheel but I thought they all had red stitching so does anyone know where a three spoke Civic wheel with black stitching would have come from? Also, the leather is a lot smoother than my old wheel but I figured that was because it was brand new. Thanks for any info!

TrippZ
06-23-2003, 01:32 PM
maybe its an suv steering wheel (crv, pilot, element)

bryan
06-23-2003, 01:34 PM
This will be my first attempt ever at posting a picture.

shimmy_yaz
06-23-2003, 01:37 PM
From what I read on this forum so far it seems that some people have recieved their car with a black stitched wheel and everyone that has gotten a replacement wheel the stitching was black. Personally I wish they would mess mine up so I could get a black one.

TrippZ
06-23-2003, 01:43 PM
that looks just like an ep wheel minus the red...

jerky
06-23-2003, 01:45 PM
i think it looks hot.

bryan
06-23-2003, 01:48 PM
I just talked to the service rep; he said most likely Honda switched manufacturer's for the wheels and that is why the color is different on the new ones. I did not understand why a new manufacturer would be unable to produce red stitching but he said it was quite common for Honda to change manufacturer's due to lower costs and that color variations are pretty common when this happens. He also said that the black stitched wheel is the only one available for the Si and that he cannot get a red one. I guess I will get used to it soon enough but damn it looks so weird. Not bad.... just.... weird.

bryan
06-23-2003, 01:52 PM
Now I'm thinking I need a new shifter to match the new wheel, any recommendations? The seats of course will stay red stitched; I wouldn't get rid of those seats for anything.

BSEVEER
06-23-2003, 01:52 PM
My steering wheel was black because the car had been broken into b4 I bought it and the wheel was either stolen or damaged and replaced. Honda ordered me a new wheel and it was black also. You guys are right, apparently ALL replacement wheels are black. My dealer had an upholstery shop restitch mine red and it looks damn good. I think that is your only option except for buying your own from someone here. I had concerns that a restitched wheel would look like crap but mine turned out looking just like factory.:)

jerky
06-23-2003, 01:55 PM
if you want it red stitched, get it red stitched. fight for it. they fucked up. you didn't do anything wrong.

bryan
06-23-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by jerky
if you want it red stitched, get it red stitched. fight for it. they fucked up. you didn't do anything wrong.

Yeah, that is true. I'm still thinking about it. I know I can get them to fix it if I want but it's like everytime I get something fixed there they fuck something else up. I might end up liking the black better so I'm gonna wait a few days and decide. When I talked to the service rep. I told him I wasn't sure about it and that I might need it changed but I don't know about spending another afternoon at the dealership over this.

jerky
06-23-2003, 02:07 PM
yeah dealerships suck. they think you are trying to pull something on them. maybe that is just how CUSH honda is.

shimmy_yaz
06-23-2003, 08:03 PM
Dude if you lived closer I would do a swap with ya but you live too far away.

EP3_DC5
06-23-2003, 08:17 PM
Same steering wheel as the RSX and Integra in Japan.......your wheel looks identical to the Integra iS in Japan, the ITR has a red H, like the CTR.