PDA

View Full Version : jrsc prices

ephatchback
06-23-2003, 04:02 PM
Have the Jackson prices been posted yet?

SF-SI-02
06-25-2003, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I remember reading somewhere here that it was ball-park $5K for the normal, non-race edition. Try a search on the website for jackson racing supercharger.

PAsi
06-26-2003, 05:47 AM
no prices yet... believe me, you'll know when prices are released

dustinhurley
07-01-2003, 10:17 AM
Jackson Racing rep. said $3,000 - $3,400 range for Street version.

ephatchback
07-01-2003, 03:35 PM
That's kinda high, but not as bad as the 5g's someone else posted earlier. Thanks.

MetRx
07-09-2003, 12:55 PM
I believe the 5g's that was mentioned, happened to be in canadian. Over here in the US, it better not be that high. Should actually be more like 2900-3300 dollars.

Matt.

EP33
07-11-2003, 11:49 AM
product asap.

I don't wanna be a guinea pig:o

Tenacious G
07-12-2003, 04:47 PM
i like the JRSC because it provides enough power to really improve the EP's performance, i really don't NEED a turbo (although i'd love to have one, don't get me wrong)

so does anyone know the difference between the street and race SCs being offered by JR? i know the street SC dynos at about 178 whp and the race SC puts down about 206 whp. so, i'm thinking there's a difference in the amount of boost? does anyone else know? the JR Web site offers little insight/information.

Tenacious G
07-12-2003, 05:25 PM
nevermind, a JR representative answered some questions on clubrsx, mostly about the RSX-S application, but also had some info about the EP's app.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89388

redronin22
07-13-2003, 09:54 PM
if its 200 whp 150 lbft ill get it.

EP33
07-14-2003, 06:59 AM
Anyone read that part about Hasport working on traction control for the Si?

That's cool shi* if it does not do any engine damage.

MetRx
07-14-2003, 07:41 AM
Traction control? That would be sweet! Has anybody noticed the HUGE difference in HP ratings between the sc kit, and the turbo kits out there? I've noticed that most companies offering turbo kits, are showing dyno results on a typeR, NOT an si. Where as jr shows the numbers on an actual si. I just think its funny seeing how the typeR is already at 196 horse, as opposed to the si's 160. Im gonna get the jrsc! Hopefully by next spring...And maybe the cost will come down a bit.

Matt.

Mad02Si
07-14-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by MetRx
Traction control? That would be sweet! Has anybody noticed the HUGE difference in HP ratings between the sc kit, and the turbo kits out there? I've noticed that most companies offering turbo kits, are showing dyno results on a typeR, NOT an si. Where as jr shows the numbers on an actual si. I just think its funny seeing how the typeR is already at 196 horse, as opposed to the si's 160. Im gonna get the jrsc! Hopefully by next spring...And maybe the cost will come down a bit.

Matt. Which turbo company used a type R for there dyno results? So far it has been nothing but Si's on here with turbos. And if the race kit was 3500 I would get it just for ease of install and the power it puts out. But 4400 for power output less than any of the turbo kits out right now doest seem worth it. I hope some more testing on different setup s is done, cause 206 hp is kinda weak for 4400 bucks. I want a low 13 sec car on street tires for 4400, thats what I expect.

Tenacious G
07-14-2003, 11:09 AM
if a 13-second car is what your goal is, then a turbo definately is the route you should take. i like the SC because it provides enough fun for me while also providing a 2-year warranty and keeping emissions low (yeah, i'm a tree hugger).

as for dynos, so a search for ssvr6's car. he has a cybernation turbo kit ... giving him about 262 whp and the flatest torque curve of any civic i've ever seen. the disparity between turbo and SC power numbers is due in large part to the fact the air from a turbo is cooled. cooler air = increased air density = power.

EP33
07-14-2003, 11:30 AM
2 year Warranty or 100,000 miles:p

I already have 27K on my car and it isn't even 1 year old:D

If I get a S/C, I'll put at least 70K on the car in two years.

I hope they're cheap:angel:

MetRx
07-14-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Mad02Si
Which turbo company used a type R for there dyno results? So far it has been nothing but Si's on here with turbos. And if the race kit was 3500 I would get it just for ease of install and the power it puts out. But 4400 for power output less than any of the turbo kits out right now doest seem worth it. I hope some more testing on different setup s is done, cause 206 hp is kinda weak for 4400 bucks. I want a low 13 sec car on street tires for 4400, thats what I expect.

Heres one link to a company that did it with the typeR. I'll keep posting them as i look em up.
http://www.ultimate-racing.com/Products/CivicSIR-US-TurboKit.shtml

Matt

PAsi
07-15-2003, 06:03 AM
i've been trying to get someone from JR on here like they did on clubrsx.com. maybe someone else, like a mod, will have better luck than me. it'd be nice to have some definite answers instead of all of us just brainstorming.

ssvr6
07-15-2003, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by EP33

Keep in mind that until someone comes out with a turbo timer for our cars (allows the car to idle once the ignition key has been turned off and removed), you will have to let your car's exhaust temp lower before you shut it off. This is mainly after driving on the hwy/fwy or driving hard on the street. If you don't, you will COOK the oil to the turbo. I believe the process is called coking???

After that it's called turbo failure=stranded:eek:

Anyway, when I reach my destination, I DO NOT want to sit in the car for an addl 2-3 minutes watching an exhaust temp gauge or without the gauge, hoping the things is cool enough to shut down.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Ok, I'll correct you. I'm running GReddy's Turbo Timer on my car and it let's the car idle with the key out. I can't lock the doors with the remote, but I use the key instead. No biggie.

http://www.k-series.com/Images/Projects/KSERIES_02_SI/KSERIES_02_SI-12.jpg

Steve

EP33
07-15-2003, 06:50 AM
I hope it's not over 3500 after taxes.:angel:

ssvr6
07-15-2003, 07:32 AM
The default time is 0:01:20. As I drive hard or regular or idle, the time changes.

My drive to work asks for about 0:03:30 to 4 mins. If I run to the store (2 min drive) I'm not letting it cool, it's not needed.

As for the exhaust, I have a 2.25 midpipe and the stock muffler section.

Steve

Mad02Si
07-15-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
if a 13-second car is what your goal is, then a turbo definately is the route you should take. i like the SC because it provides enough fun for me while also providing a 2-year warranty and keeping emissions low (yeah, i'm a tree hugger).

as for dynos, so a search for ssvr6's car. he has a cybernation turbo kit ... giving him about 262 whp and the flatest torque curve of any civic i've ever seen. the disparity between turbo and SC power numbers is due in large part to the fact the air from a turbo is cooled. cooler air = increased air density = power. But does anybody know if 13's would be possilble with the race setup? The SC is appealing cause its easier to install than a turbo and probaly more reliable with daily driving and minimal upkeep. but I want to be able to blast a 13.5 at will with street tires can that be done with the race setup and maybe the header. I already have CAI, and exhaust, and we run 93 octane over here. I want atleast 215-220 at the wheels if more testing with different option on our cars net those numbers I might lok closer at the SC.

ssvr6
07-15-2003, 10:28 AM
And you think 220 at the wheels will give you that 13.5 quarter?

I don't think it will, and definitely not on street tires.

Steve

PAsi
07-15-2003, 10:32 AM
not to be an ass or anything, but how about we actually talk about what the thread title is? does anyone have any info on dates or pricing?

02SilverSiHB
07-15-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by PAsi
not to be an ass or anything, but how about we actually talk about what the thread title is? does anyone have any info on dates or pricing?
good question about the price and when. I keep hearing there is a blue si out around town with a JRSC in it (by the dealership). I went to the dealer and saw a blue si, but no JRSC. I told the source about it and he said I was looking at the wrong car, he knew about the one I saw but there was another one with the JRSC in it. I asked him again, and he said he knows it was in there, he saw it sitting there in the engine, the black silver scheme with the JR symbol. So what the heck is up with that? The search continues.

02SilverSiHB
07-15-2003, 11:05 AM
not too mention, it still isn't on the jr site, only if you go to project cars you see it, but no price or date release.

Edit: make that under the dyno area: http://www.jacksonracing.com/pages/details/detailspage.html

PAsi
07-15-2003, 11:38 AM
can anyone get ahold of a JR representative like they did on clubrsx? maybe they can post on here. that would be a huuuuge help. i've tried emailing, but maybe someone knows a way to get ahold of someone in the company or can just try to

Quicksilver
07-15-2003, 02:13 PM
I e-mailed Oscar directly to find out pricing and availablility. I also am trying to see if he'll do a SoCal dyno day like he did for the Focus people. I'd really be interested to see if he'd do a hookup for EPHatch members like he did for FocalJet. Superchager+install+before and after dynos for $3099! I could go for that. If I hear anything, I'll let you know.

BlackNRedSi
07-16-2003, 09:28 AM
hmmmm 3100 huh?! not bad

BlackNRedSi
07-16-2003, 09:37 AM
I just called JRSC talked to a rep named Jim... He said the SC will be relased mid Aug, and will be 3grand....

Eric

PAsi
07-16-2003, 11:42 AM
what does that 3 grand include? install? tuning?

BlackNRedSi
07-16-2003, 12:13 PM
well if u live in Cali it sounded from what jim was saying that tuning, dyno, and install was included...but if you dont live in cali (cali cause thats where they work outa) then u gotta get your own tuning and install...

PAsi
07-16-2003, 12:15 PM
hmmmmm, can you say road trip??? never been to cali, maybe it'd be worth it to take the trip out. cheaper to pay for gas than it would to pay for an installer to do it out here in PA. plus, get to see sights.

EP33
07-16-2003, 12:21 PM
but it does include installation instructions.

Let's just have JRSC install day somewhere.

If 3100 is just the kit, I am all over it.

I'll install the damn thing, I ain't scerd.

PAsi
07-16-2003, 12:23 PM
i was watching DIY channel the other day and he installed a vortech supercharger on a truck. took 8 hours and he knew what he was doing. also gave it a very high difficulty rating. plus, if i ran into any problems, i'd be screwed. hey blacknred, there's a place in exeter that jackson lists as a dealer/installer i think. keystone automotive. we should check them out. or call them up and ask them if they have any certified installers or anything out here.

PAsi
07-16-2003, 12:26 PM
time to start putting the $$ into the stocks, etc. that's my plan so i can afford the mods for my car. this $9/hr just doesn't cut it.

CSMsi311
07-16-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
as for dynos, so a search for ssvr6's car. he has a cybernation turbo kit ... giving him about 262 whp and the flatest torque curve of any civic i've ever seen. the disparity between turbo and SC power numbers is due in large part to the fact the air from a turbo is cooled. cooler air = increased air density = power.

I am also impressed with ssvr6's torque curve, but it was only from 3500 or so to redline. I really would have like to have seen what it did at lower rpms. Low rpms is where the jrsc is going to shine (hopefully).

The difference in power is mainly due to the power the engine must supply to turn the blower. In a turbo, the energy used to spin the turbine is free.

air from a turbo is cooler IF it has an intercooler. cooler air = increased air density, greater resistance to detonation, advanced timing = power

02SilverSiHB
07-16-2003, 03:14 PM
I actually will say 3100 is too much. I want to know what it comes with. I'm betting the supercharger, map mod, and that's it.

Quicksilver
07-16-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
I actually will say 3100 is too much. I want to know what it comes with. I'm betting the supercharger, map mod, and that's it.

The $3100 price I quoted was for SC, install, and before/after dynos for FocalJet SVT Focus owners who take their car to Jackson Racing for install. I'm asking them if they'll do a similar deal for the members of EPHatch. Summit should sell the kit for around $2700-2800 when it's released is my guess.

NamingException
07-16-2003, 05:49 PM
Jackson Racing does not install superchargers- you can't even buy one from them directly. Keystone Automotive is not a shop- as far as I know they are wholesale only, I don't think they're going to do an install for you either. I'm sure there's tons of places that you can buy them from and will install one for you though. I'm seriously considering getting one of these, and if I do I will probably try to install it myself.

Then again... turbo... such a hard decision.

Quicksilver
07-16-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by NamingException
Jackson Racing does not install superchargers- you can't even buy one from them directly.

From FocalJet.com (I believe it was even Oscar who posted it):

"Jackson Racing was planning on offering this special at the JR Dyno Day 2003, but the dyno testing took so much time, that WE forgot to
mention
this offer:

For all Team SoCal FocalJet Members until the end of August:

Get a Jackson Racing Supercharger kit for your SVT or Zetec Foci, installed and dyno-tuned, for
$3,099.

Appointment only, and only available at Jackson Racing Service in
Westminster, California. You must be a registered FocalJet member.

The installation includes a before and after dyno of your Focus.

Remember, you can finance it with a JR Car Care One Credit Card!
"

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=649457&page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

CSMsi311
07-16-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by NamingException
Jackson Racing does not install superchargers- you can't even buy one from them directly.
i think you are thinking of Moss Motorsports

NamingException
07-16-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by CSMsi311

i think you are thinking of Moss Motorsports

No, you CAN buy one from Moss. They are a distributor for Jackson Racing, they seem to have a pretty close relationship. They are at http://supercharger.com. The focaljet deal was something special. Call Jackson Racing and ask them how much they charge for a supercharger. They will tell you to call someone else.

NamingException
07-16-2003, 07:41 PM
Another thing, this bothers me every time I see it- FI from a turbocharger is NOT free. There's no such thing as free energy. It might not have as direct an effect on the way your engine runs, but it's not free.

02SilverSiHB
07-16-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Quicksilver

The $3100 price I quoted was for SC, install, and before/after dynos for FocalJet SVT Focus owners who take their car to Jackson Racing for install. I'm asking them if they'll do a similar deal for the members of EPHatch. Summit should sell the kit for around $2700-2800 when it's released is my guess.
my bad, thanks for clearing that up for me

siver-SI
07-16-2003, 08:06 PM
I first wanted the SC because of the easy install and less engine wear but for that price I am thinking of going all out with a stage II turbo. I just do not like the sound of Turbo with all stock parts that is why I want a stage two for reliablity. If they ever come out with a good deal on a SC I might rethink it.

FailureToStop
07-16-2003, 09:56 PM
SSRV6's picture has the CEL light on. Is that normal with the turbo?

CSMsi311
07-17-2003, 12:04 AM
i think he just got a picture of the dash when he first turns the ignition key to position II.

FailureToStop
07-17-2003, 10:43 PM
I thought he was idling since the tach is around 900 rpm. Hmm... maybe you're right. I gotta check if my EP does that too.

02SilverSiHB
07-18-2003, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by FailureToStop
I thought he was idling since the tach is around 900 rpm. Hmm... maybe you're right. I gotta check if my EP does that too.
Actually it may be on while the car is running. He said it comes on now and then for being too rich. They are still trying to tune it some more from what I understand.

Quicksilver
07-18-2003, 12:20 PM
I wasn't sure if this deemed a new thread or not so I'll post it here for now. This was Oscar's response to my e-mail requesting pricing and a SoCal EP Dyno Day:

"I am sorry for the delay of this response. Thank you for your e-mail. I am glad you have brought this up, because we have an interest in having more dyno days and supercharger specials for other clubs and target groups of enthusiasts. Jackson Racing would like to host an EP Dyno Day, but this is the first interest we have heard from an enthusiast. If there is a high interest in an EP Dyno Day, Jackson Racing would love to host the event. In the best interest of the company, it would be better to hold this EP Dyno Day, after the release of the Civic Si Kit. That would make it easier to have a Supercharger Special the same day. If interests are high, and the dyno day gets scheduled, we might have our Jackson Racing/ Hasport Civic Si come to the event, with supercharged Accord 2.4 Liter block with RSX-S head.

The release date of the Civic Si, will be somewhere around the end of August. The price should be similar to that of other kits that we sell. Check out www.jacksonracing.com for more information on the Civic Si kit release."

I may have to stoke the fire on the SoCal people once the JRSC is released so that a dyno day happens. I'd be willing to drive down from NorCal for a chance at special pricing. Plus getting a chance to check out the 2.4L SC'd hybrid would be way cool!

02SilverSiHB
07-18-2003, 03:49 PM
awsome! Have you posted this in the Cali forum? Try to get a ton of people to go! :D

ssvr6
07-18-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by FailureToStop

Yeah, it was a BS rich light. I just reset it.

Steve

Quicksilver
07-20-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
awsome! Have you posted this in the Cali forum? Try to get a ton of people to go! :D

Excellent idea! For anyone interested, I've now posted a new thread to try and get a SoCal EP Dyno Day. Here's the thread: http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=17820

TripleJ02
07-21-2003, 02:05 PM
I work at an autoparts store in CT and we have an account with Jackson... I talked to a rep today expected release is 2nd week of august with an expected price of $2600 jobber.

Their rep is calling me back soon as they have more info and will be sending me a bunch of info on it. Will post what i get once i get it.

02SilverSiHB
07-21-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by TripleJ02
I work at an autoparts store in CT and we have an account with Jackson... I talked to a rep today expected release is 2nd week of august with an expected price of $2600 jobber.

Their rep is calling me back soon as they have more info and will be sending me a bunch of info on it. Will post what i get once i get it.
sounds about right...2600 retail on their site and about 2300-2400 on other sites

TripleJ02
07-21-2003, 05:55 PM
I couldnt find any info on their site having to do with it. If you could throw up a link for me id be happy. :D

BlackNRedSi
07-21-2003, 06:01 PM
shyte! for 2300-2600 range, i am in, got the loot sittin here, that i was saving up for a Turbo...i kno a supercharger isnt going to keep up with steve...but its all good i just want extra power....i def think we should talk to them about a group buy!

02SilverSiHB
07-21-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by TripleJ02
I couldnt find any info on their site having to do with it. If you could throw up a link for me id be happy. :D
oh, no, sorry for the misunderstanding, I met that it will probably be 2600 on their site and cheaper somewhere else

D16Y8_Turbo
07-21-2003, 06:52 PM
I'm up for the Jackson Racing Group Buy. Let's have some member be our spokesperson and see if we can get discount if we have 10 or so people buy at once. We need to communicate with JR so we can get this done when they hit other vendors. I'll be the spokes man if no other member wants the responsibility.

Any thoughts?

siver-SI
07-21-2003, 07:00 PM
If they do have a very good price like under $2000 is there any payment plan they have? :o I just do not want to put anything on a credit card for my car.

02SilverSiHB
07-21-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by D16Y8_Turbo
I'll be the spokes man if no other member wants the responsibility.

Any thoughts?
Go for it ;)

Quicksilver
07-21-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by D16Y8_Turbo
I'm up for the Jackson Racing Group Buy. Let's have some member be our spokesperson and see if we can get discount if we have 10 or so people buy at once. We need to communicate with JR so we can get this done when they hit other vendors. I'll be the spokes man if no other member wants the responsibility.

Any thoughts?

Since I had already contacted Oscar about setting up a dyno day, I sent him a reply regarding group buys through his company or a distributor if needed. I also gave him a link to this thread, so that he can reply directly to your comments and questions if he or his representatives have time.

JRPower
07-21-2003, 08:32 PM
Ok... Let me clear up some things.

I am Little Oscar. I am the son of Mr. Oscar Jackson of Jackson Racing. I have been around and involved with the business forever. I will handle all your questions through my e-mail jrhorsepower@yahoo.com .

I will answer every question that I can.

Now the supercharger will run around the price of our other kits. Check the pricing of the RSX-S kit to get a ballpark figure of the Civic SI kit. I will start a thread to dispell the myths. It will be in the Boost Forum.