PDA

View Full Version : warranty ??

labelhunter
06-23-2003, 05:01 PM
Well today i had some bird shit on my car. So i go get the hose and spray the bird shit off and poof, my windshield cracks in to places. I was wondering if honda will cover this. I really didnt do anything wrong but spray water on my windshield. I know it was hot and thats y but still i didnt think it would break. Any info would be great. Thanks guys and gals.

the JigGa mAn
06-23-2003, 05:07 PM
yeah you it should be covered...if not then bitch till you get it fixed for free

SiRRider
06-23-2003, 05:28 PM
I dont know if it would be covered. If you have a good relationship with your Honda Dealer they might do something for you but if they are tight they will tell you to take a hike. If they dont have to pay they wont.

NBP_03Si
06-23-2003, 11:53 PM
pretty strong bird SHIT :D :D :D bu the way you should be covered.

blueiedgod
06-24-2003, 03:03 AM
if you have a "crater" from a rock, they will not cover it. what may have happened, you may have been hit with road debris, it made an indentation, but did not crack. when your car was hot, sitting in the sun, and you poured cold water, the weakened part cracked due to temperature differential stress.
if there is no "crater" then honda will replace the glass under warranty.

what i have learnt over the years of owning honda's, is to get full glass coverage with $0 or $50 deductable from your insurance company. It is well worth it.

furious
06-24-2003, 04:14 AM
I don't think it is covered, though the dealer can always perform this as a good faith gesture...just be real nice about it to the 'right' person (I think it has a lot to do with if you are talking to the right person...I'd try the manager right off w/o offending anyone just because if the employee said no...the manager of the service dept. would then feel obligated to back his/her employee up and just not help you out)...just some thoughts...

I don't know bout NY, but in MA, safety glass like Windshield must carry zero-deductible so long as there is comprehensive coverage.

labelhunter
07-02-2003, 03:13 PM
Yea its not covered they said just go through insurance. So i called my insurance and at first i didnt have full glass, just comprehensive with a 500 deduct. So i was like ok how much is full coverage. She said 40 bucks. So basically i paid 40 bucks for a new windshield instead of the 600 installed i got from a friend of the fam.