PDA

View Full Version : Keyless Entry Question??

SiRRider
06-23-2003, 06:38 PM
The new Accords have the Keyless entry built right into the Key and I was wondering if a Accord keyless entry key could be programed to work with our keyless entry. It would be so much more compact and less junk on my key chain. Anyone considered this and asked. I will ask on friday when I go in for service but thought it could be answered here. THanks Matt

glw
06-23-2003, 07:23 PM
great question! i'm interested, too. let me know what the dealer says...

andy
06-23-2003, 07:50 PM
I dunno if this will work with the Si, since the key has a "chip"
in it, but check out this link (http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=118&highlight=keyless) . Some subaru guys just
cut their key, opened their keyless entry thing-a-ma-roo, and
put the cut key inside.

Fancy:
http://www.monmouth.com/~fgraziano/coolkey1.jpg

PogoFX
06-23-2003, 08:36 PM
I asked a question in the electronics forum that was similar to this. No one ever replied. I wanted to know if I could use the keyless entry from a 99-00 Si to work with my EP. I lost one and the used ones are cheap to buy on ebay. $10 vs $100 from the dealer. They look identical.

But after doing some research, it appears that the FCC ID on the back of the remotes much match in order for them to work. i.e the FCC ID on the back of your EP remote must match the FCC ID on the remote you want to use.

I have not 100% verified this, but I notice that on several sites selling replacement remotes, they always need your FCC ID so that they can get you the right remote. Just because they look the same doesn't mean they will work.

The FCC ID for my EP remote is OUCG8D-344H-A. I expect yours is the same. Once you have the new remote there are procedures on the web for programming them to work with your car.

Someone chime in if this is way off, cause I'd like to know for sure.
hth

I SELL HONDAS
06-23-2003, 09:38 PM
One tech I spoke with also said they have to match the car.
the accord keys also have a chip, but it is more advanced its code is "rolling" it changes each time it is used. so it cant be cloned, like a cell phone.

SiRRider
06-24-2003, 04:17 PM
I see what your saying I SELL HONDAS so I dought it will work. I will still ask just to see what they say and I will post again. Maybe the subaru trick might work but our keyless entry remote looks like crap and you need the chip in the key to start the car???