PDA

View Full Version : not sure bout losing backseats....

hondafiend02
06-23-2003, 09:43 PM
yo im thinking bout taking my backseats out but im not sure is it really worth it ??? i dont really need them- from wut i heard it aint 2 preety once ther out....i dunno maybe sumone can give me info who has removed thers already?has ne one gutted ne out ther hatch besides the spare tire????if so wut part?

ep3guy
06-23-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by hondafiend02
yo im thinking bout taking my backseats out but im not sure is it really worth it ??? i dont really need them- from wut i heard it aint 2 preety once ther out....i dunno maybe sumone can give me info who has removed thers already?has ne one gutted ne out ther hatch besides the spare tire????if so wut part?

I've taken the backseats out before. Drove around without them for about a month. Pretty cool not having anyone in the back to bother you. But then it becomes as hassle when going out sometimes. I barely felt a difference without the rear seats, spare, jack. I also had a grey carpet to cover up where the seats were, looked pretty stock in a way. :D

CivicHB
06-24-2003, 05:33 AM
I doubt that this would work, but couldn't someone go to a custom sound/stereo shop and have them make you a removable fiberglass cover ( secured w/ bolts etc...) for the naked area after the seats are gone. Then take it to a body shop and have em match paint the cover or carpet it. Homemade CRX!!!

BlackNRedSi
06-24-2003, 06:56 AM
Yes that could be done...But there is always a price tag on that! :)

Good idea!

BlasTech
06-24-2003, 07:12 AM
I thought about making a fiberglass plug for mine someday, but it would be too big to fit in the hatch (the seating area is too wide).

Though in the year I've had my EP the back seat has been used by passengers only twice, I have to leave the back seats in to stay STS in auto-x.

You can get a rug of black automotive carpet from pep-boys or something, and a roll of adhesive velcro for just a little cash

Cut out the pattern, and use the velcro to anchor it to spots on the chassis. That way you get a finished look, but nothing permanent, in case you want to go back.

Tekdemon
06-24-2003, 05:02 PM
I don't think it's really worth it though...I mean, they weigh like 20 pounds or something. You could probably lose 20lbs of weight and it'd be better since the weight in front would be reduced, helping give you a more 50/50 weight distro, whereas lightening up the rear just makes the car more frontheavy and really light in the back.

Gutting the entire dash, AC, sunroof, etc, would probably be more useful handling wise. Of course, it would look much like ass.

BlasTech
06-24-2003, 09:59 PM
The two seatbacks and the cushion total up to about 49 lbs (I've weighed em) but you're right, the back is not the most ideal place to lose weight from.